Windows 10: Edge Will not download any files

Discus and support Edge Will not download any files in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Have just installed windows 10 on both my PC and laptop. Edge in PC allows file download. On my laptop, Edge always throws error message that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kevvyb, Jun 21, 2016.

1. kevvyb Win User

Edge Will not download any files

Hi

Have just installed windows 10 on both my PC and laptop. Edge in PC allows file download.

On my laptop, Edge always throws error message that file couldn't be downloaded and I cannot work out why.

Does anyone have any clues as to what might be causing this? As far as I know there is nothing that I have done differently on PC as to laptop. Same O/S, virus scanner and anti-malware on both.

Edge Will not download any files [​IMG]

:)

kevvyb, Jun 21, 2016

2. wont download any files on edge

What error message do you get when you try to download a file?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 21, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Wazd Win User

Go to Control Panel ---> Internet Options ---> Settings,

Verify Location that the path is on the C:\ Drive

Edge Will not download any files [​IMG]

5. kevvyb Win User
    Exactly where mine is. Only issue that occurs to me is that my username has spaces and an ampersand (&). The ampersand is not shown in the pathname (it is blank) but it is the same username as my PC where Edge is downloading okay.

kevvyb, Jun 21, 2016
  6. kevvyb Win User
    File was in correct place but corrupted in some way.

This fixed it:
    Can't Download in Edge - Windows 10 Forums

kevvyb, Jun 22, 2016
  7. Wazd Win User
    Wazd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge Will not download any files - Similar Threads - Edge download files

2. Unable to download files from any browser Chrome, Edge, Safari as the download speed drops...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download files from any browser Chrome, Edge, Safari as the download speed drops...: We require downloading and attaching documents 90% of the time for our work and this issue has become a major distraction for many of us working. Have tried running the sfc /scannow followed up by the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Have tried disabling the...
  3. Unable to download files from any browser Chrome, Edge, Safari as the download speed drops...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download files from any browser Chrome, Edge, Safari as the download speed drops...: We require downloading and attaching documents 90% of the time for our work and this issue has become a major distraction for many of us working. Have tried running the sfc /scannow followed up by the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Have tried disabling the...
  4. Unable to download files from any browser Chrome, Edge, Safari as the download speed drops...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Edge is not download any files

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is not download any files: This is happening on Windows 7 but fix should apply for any Windows PC. I was downloading a file that was only 4.0 KB. After 30 minute I went to close Edge and got this: It should have loaded in a matter of seconds. I thought about uninstalling Edge and then downloading the...
  6. Cant download any files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant download any files: Anything I try to download I get a message saying cant download. Trying to install Mcafee but wont allow. Now realised cant download any files from internet etc or save photos from emails On windows 10...
  7. Can't download any files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't download any files.: This includes files from Microsoft and all other trusted sites . The error message at bottom of screen says the file contains a virus and the deletes the download. Problem occurred during a windows update during April 2019. I spent 7 hours online with a Microsoft...
  8. any downloaded files from the web

any downloaded files from the web: I cant seem to ever get the media player to pull up and play any of my downloaded files off the internet. Why is this and what shall I do to fix it? Or suggest a media player or app that I can use please....
  9. can download files and outlook works, but cannot get to any websites in Edge or Chrome

can download files and outlook works, but cannot get to any websites in Edge or Chrome: I just got a new Acer laptop and I've installed quite a few updates. I had most of my install files already downloaded, so I'm just trying to get on the Net now. The programs I installed were able to get their own updates and download no problem, and Office is able to...
  10. Can't download any files at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't download any files at all: I've been running WIndows 10 for a little while now, over a month. Now, for some reason I cannot download a file. If I try from Firefox, it fails, if from IE it fails and if from Edge it fails. I'm stumped??? I can surf the web but just can't download any file at all. I've...