Windows 10: Edge will not open certain pages

Discus and support Edge will not open certain pages in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi! First post here, so I apologize in advance if I break any major forum etiquette, but I am having a very certain issue with edge. It will not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wpfo, Sep 23, 2015.

1. wpfo Win User

Edge will not open certain pages

Hi!

First post here, so I apologize in advance if I break any major forum etiquette, but I am having a very certain issue with edge. It will not open any page related to Google in any way. I can't open Google Plus, the search engine, or even Google Drive. I've looked into the firewall and replaced my hosts file, and I don't know where to go at this point. Thanks in advance!

:)

2. Search (CTRL-F) function in Edge

Hello,

I opened PDF file in Edge.

It is good for me because I don't need to install Acrobat program

but I have a question.

my question is when I open PDF file in Edge, can I use search (ctrl-f) function to go to the certain page after entering the certain page number?

thanks in advance

chokozzing, Sep 23, 2015
  3. RedYetis Win User
    Microsoft Edge not loading certain pages fully

I recently began using Edge now that extensions are being offered, but to my dismay a good number of sites that I use regularly are not loading properly (image included). Other pages, such as Bing and reddit work just fine. What is the cause of this?

Edge will not open certain pages [​IMG]

RedYetis, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

I have absolutely no problems with Google pages in Edge. In fact they render faster and with better quality then IE of Firefox in Edge, almost as good as Chrome. I know it's no help, but it must be settings or try clearing your DNS cache.

Cliff S, Sep 23, 2015
  5. *Wink
    Did you try it,logged into your google-account??

alfranatic, Sep 23, 2015
  6. Hi how I did it was set google once open into Favourites Bar in Edge then once there all you have to do is click on it and it opens every time.
    The reason I have disabled and unticked IE11 which was giving trouble

hTconeM9user, Sep 23, 2015
  7. wpfo Win User
    Thanks for the outpouring of posts guys! I am trying some of these solutions as we speak and hopefully I will have an answer soon.

8. wpfo Win User

Ok, I have tried all of your tips but to no avail. I have flushed my DNS, and also confirmed it was not my home network causing problems through my iPhone wifi hotspot, and even the browser bar tip. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know. I'm trying to give Edge a chance and use this whole integrated system thing, but I will just set my default back to Chrome if there is nothing else I can find.

9. See if what is beneath my signature helps you at all Edge Browser Windows 10 forum

hTconeM9user, Sep 23, 2015
  10. wpfo Win User
    I would try your method, but I can't access the google page so I can't add it.

11. Cliff S New Member
    Have you tried opening another browser to google home page and C & P to Edge and hit return?

Cliff S, Sep 23, 2015
  12. wpfo Win User
    Yes. Everything works except Google.

13. wpfo Win User

Ok, so I have completely uninstalled Edge and reinstalled it using Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}[/quote] and I restarted twice and turned on Edge. I still have the same issue. I wonder why this doesn't happen with Chrome or any other browser I've tried. Also, I've been through my firewall as well to make sure nothing is blocking its connections.

14. Cliff S New Member
    You're not the only one having a problem with Google in Edge, but with me it works perfect, and I don't use any "special settings".
    G+

Edge will not open certain pages [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge will not open certain pages - Similar Threads - Edge open certain

2. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  3. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  4. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge Opening to Specific Page on Login for All Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Opening to Specific Page on Login for All Users: I've seen similar posts, but nothing specific to this issue I'm having. I have a computer that opens to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/error-opening-help-in-windows-based-programs-feature-not-included-or-help-not-supported-3c841463-d67c-6062-0ee7-1a149da3973b when...
  6. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  7. New Edge is opening some media to a black page

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Edge is opening some media to a black page: Version 80.0.361.48 I'm not sure if there was an update recently, but new behavior as of this morning for me, opening some likes like a game's page on Steam that plays video, or a gfycat link that opens in a new tab from Reddit, that page is all black. I can click backwards...
  8. Open microsoft edge with a spacific page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open microsoft edge with a spacific page: Open microsoft edge with a spacific page . Microsoft calendar url ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-microsoft-edge-with-a-spacific-page/864fa942-bfa2-41ff-affa-4d556a035e7f
  9. Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens with previous page instead of start page: Randomly, not all the time, after a reboot (or power off/on) Edge will start with the previously opened page instead of the set "home" (start) page. Is there any way to prevent this? This is what I have set. [img] 114998
  10. Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines: Hi all, I wanted to ask the forum about this issue that I`ve seen with edge for some time now, to verify its a known issue or otherwise. When using edge to browse to any given website, on some machines, edge simply will refuse to load the site. I can force the page to load...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. certain pages not opening in edge

2. windows edge will not route to certain pages

3. pages will not open in edge

4. Windowes edge not opening certain pages