Windows 10: Edge will not play streamed music when minimized

Discus and support Edge will not play streamed music when minimized in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge will not play streamed music when minimized, it has to be open on the desktop, from latest builds This is somewhat annoying, but not a deal... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by KLund1, May 31, 2015.

1. KLund1 Win User

Edge will not play streamed music when minimized

Edge will not play streamed music when minimized, it has to be open on the desktop, from latest builds
    This is somewhat annoying, but not a deal breaker.
    FYI

:)

KLund1, May 31, 2015
  2. UnregUser Win User

Lumia 800 music player issue - keeps showing ((.)) rather than last song played

You probably streaming music, not using your offline music.... That icon shows when you stream for music using mix radio, or the there's a music needs to be played in Internet Explorer, for example the fb chat sound (when you are in desktop version)....

UnregUser, May 31, 2015
  3. Groove Music stops playing music when minimized!!

I have upgraded my OS to Windows 10. But i am facing a strange issue with the microsoft new music app "Groove Music". When i open the app it works fine but when i minimizes it the music stopped playing. When i expand it then it starts playing music from
    the point it was minimized. Any ideas to troubleshoot it?

Ashutosh2411, May 31, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

That's because it's a Universal App, and all universal apps (with the exception of specific apps written to use background API's for playing music) are suspended when minimized.

Since you're playing music via flash or similar, it doesn't have the ability to use those background API's while running in Edge, so it too will be suspended. The same is true of Netflix movies, or Youtube videos.

You would be better off getting a specific app for the purpose of playing the music you want, because those apps can use the background api.

Mystere, May 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Edge will not play streamed music when minimized - Similar Threads - Edge play streamed

2. Play music when afk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play music when afk?: Is there a way to play music when afk? Any useful apps? submitted by /u/Drumstix360 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyq4ui/play_music_when_afk/
  3. Stuttering when playing music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuttering when playing music: Hi. I have a sound problem and I don't know what to do about it. Once in a few Windows launches, the sound often stutters. What could be the reason? System: Windows 10 1909. CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5, latest bios F50a RAM: 2x8GB Team Group...
  4. Streaming music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming music: Following upgrade of computer (win 10), my Sony dvd player opens albums with the tracks displayed (and played) in alphabetical order...not the intended track order. Never did this before. Any ideas?...
  5. Edge closes when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  6. Edge closes when minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  7. Windows 10 Groove music no longer allows playing minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Groove music no longer allows playing minimized: i noticed that after updating to build 10547 i cant play music and minise the app anymore. this but happened a while ago back on windows 8 and it just went away i think but its very annoying, i have to use vlc to listen to music now and i like groove music 25304
  8. Apps suspend when minimized, music stops

Apps suspend when minimized, music stops: On my desktop, when I run a music app in Windows 10, say Plug radio or Tunein, it stops playing music after a second or two of being minimized. If I maximize, it starts playing again. If I change the volume with the keyboard, and the little pop up window with volume, artist,...
  9. Music apps won't play when minimized

Music apps won't play when minimized: So, I use a few music apps (Tunein, Audials, Third Party Pandora App). I notice that, when you minimize all of them in Windows 10, the music stops like a second later. How do you fix this? It didn't do this in Windows 8.1. I had no problem running Tunein for instance...
  10. Delay when playing music

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delay when playing music: Hi everyone, I have a slight delay when playing music after I haven't touched my laptop for a few minutes. It's as if the HDD goes to sleep and it has to spin up again before it can play the file. Now I know getting a SSD would solve my problem, but I can't afford that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge stops music when minimized

2. edge minimizated not play music