Windows 10: Edge won't close. Opens 15 or more background processes.

Discus and support Edge won't close. Opens 15 or more background processes. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hoping someone can assist with an Edge issue on a Toshiba laptop running Windows Home. Edge has all of a sudden stopped launching. Following the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stocktiki, Jul 23, 2016.

1. stocktiki Win User

Edge won't close. Opens 15 or more background processes.

Hoping someone can assist with an Edge issue on a Toshiba laptop running Windows Home.

Edge has all of a sudden stopped launching. Following the direction on another thread on this amazing site, went into Task Manager and ended task on Edge. That worked .... once....

Now, Edge will open just the first time, but opens up 15-20 Edge background processes. If you try to close normally using upper right-hand corner, Edge won't close. You have to got into Task Manager each time. And when you do, again, it opens 15-20 Edge background processes

If this was another browser, I'd probably just install and reinstall, but that's not an option with Edge.

Any suggestions?

:)

stocktiki, Jul 23, 2016
  2. HDVIDTech Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager Applications Tab Didappeared

Figured it out. Open task manager and click to sort by name. Then it groups by the names which then groups it by Apps and then background processes. Makes it more clear when trying to close apps instead of processes.

HDVIDTech, Jul 23, 2016
  3. nj7_ Win User
    Need advice for Nokia 6681

Make sure you have the last firmware version inside. Close all background applications and close all open (not necessary) processes. Use a simple theme, with low graphics... Not much more to do!

Thema:

Edge won't close. Opens 15 or more background processes.

1. Edge won't close. Opens 15 or more background processes. - Similar Threads - Edge won't close

2. What background processes are okay to close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What background processes are okay to close: I have over 100 background processes and 95% I have no idea what they are so I would like to know what settings to change or what tasks are okay to close. I found a solution which is a clean boot but I am suspicious because I am disabling every service that isn't Microsoft...
  3. What background processes are okay to close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What background processes are okay to close: I have over 100 background processes and 95% I have no idea what they are so I would like to know what settings to change or what tasks are okay to close. I found a solution which is a clean boot but I am suspicious because I am disabling every service that isn't Microsoft...
  4. background processes

background processes: what does that mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-processes/4f607cd7-afbd-4fe9-bccf-b58e7979732d
  5. Background Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  6. Program Opening Only As Background Process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Opening Only As Background Process: I have been having this issue for nearly two years now, but I have only sought to remedy it recently. When I attempt to run certain apps, the cursor shows as "Working in Background", signifying that the app is starting up, yet the app never progresses past being a background...
  7. Edge Closes after opening

Edge Closes after opening: I've followed many suggestions to get this resolved,including: Cleaned the Apps cache etc using CCleaner Reset the App Repaired the App Removed all Extensions Reinstalled Edge using Powershell Manually removed %APPDATA%...... folders for the Edge app to reset the app...
  8. Edge won't open.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't open.: When I first got Win 10, the Edge browser worked great but after a time it simply quit working. The opening screen with the icon comes up but then it goes back to my desktop. It isn't a critical problem yet because I can still use Explorer but Edge had some features I liked...
  9. MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..: I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? :P 107449
  10. Microsoft Edge open and close

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge open and close: After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881