Windows 10: Edge wont launch settings neither

Discus and support Edge wont launch settings neither in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My edge browser kept crashing so I did a system restore. This said it hadn't completed so did it in safe mode and that worked. Now edge wont even... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by woldsweather, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Edge wont launch settings neither

My edge browser kept crashing so I did a system restore. This said it hadn't completed so did it in safe mode and that worked. Now edge wont even launch. Also cant open windows setting which most solutions I have found require as a start point.

:)

woldsweather, Mar 30, 2018

2. Start Button after windows 10 upgrade not working

Upgraded to windows 10. Start button will not work and neither the Edge icon nor the Store icon appear in the task bar, although you can launch Edge by clicking on where it is supposed to be. Any fix ideas?

BillCollamer, Mar 30, 2018
  3. Neither setting , apps launch in win 10.

i tried all the above steps but no error was found

but the problem still exists.

None of the inbuilt apps or settings open.

please help

Nimesh kumar, Mar 30, 2018
  4. CmmTch Win User

Edge wont launch settings neither

CmmTch, Mar 30, 2018
  5. Tried but on entering

C:\Users\trevor\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\RoamingState

I get inoperable file

6. I got into settings ran some windows updating, restarted machine now I cant get into settings or system reset. Just want to reinstall windows now.

7. f14tomcat Win User
    Can you get into settings by typing settings in the search box (lower left of taskbar, Cortana search thing) and choosing the top option?

f14tomcat, Mar 30, 2018
  8. Edge wont launch settings neither

No none of the googled methods worked, but have just rebooted again and now downloading a windows cumulative update so we'll see what happens after that.

9. f14tomcat Win User
    While that is downloading, hold the WIN key and the R key. In that run window, type WINVER , and press enter. What version does it show?

f14tomcat, Mar 30, 2018
  10. 1709 (OS Build 16299.102)

11. EdTittel Win User
    I'd recommend trying an in-place upgrade repair install first. You'd only need to perform a clean install should the repair install fail to return Edge to full, normal operations. Here's a link to @Brink's excellent TenForums tutorial on that subject: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 30, 2018
  12. Also I am downloading the windows updates troubleshooter but that wont run.

I have a message in updates Some settings are managed by your organisation

13. EdTittel Win User

Dear Woldsweather:
    When you see the red text warning "*Some settings are managed by your organization" that simply means some policies apply to your current update settings. Click on the blue line that reads "View configured update policies" and post a screen shot of what comes up in response:

Edge wont launch settings neither [​IMG]

On my machine, for example, here's what comes up:

Edge wont launch settings neither [​IMG]

This simply means I elected not to receive Windows drivers from Windows update at some point in time. When you do this on your PC we'll be able to see (and make advice based on) what's in effect there.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 30, 2018
  14. CmmTch Win User
    What happened when you tried the first command? Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}[/quote] And the other steps leading up to the command you posted, did those complete successful or fail? Are you logged on to your MSA as admin? I've never used this fix (haven't needed it) I'm thinking a user would need to be logged on at least as an administrator to complete the fix.

Did you take a look at the older thread I linked to? There might be some hints there you can use. I can't offer anything more than what's in the link I posted, I don't use Edge anymore.

I found that solution to repairing/reinstalling Edge from google 3 years ago.

There could be other members respond with other idea's or experience doing this.

You can also check this tutorial, (best solution) the resident expert and Admin of W10 @Brink has created/assembled a wealth of information Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

CmmTch, Mar 30, 2018
  15. Why not just switch browsers?

I tried Edge when I first got Windows 10.
    It worked.
    Then it broke.
    Then it worked.
    Then it broke.
    When I say "it broke" I mean it wouldn't start. Click ... and nothing.

I gave up. Uninstall. Gone.

Firefox is better. Chrome is even better. And both work, always.

margrave55, Mar 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge wont launch settings neither - Similar Threads - Edge wont launch

2. Minecraft Wont Launch :(

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Wont Launch :(: My Minecraft Launcher Won't Launch I'm using The Latest Launcher And The Default Launcher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-wont-launch/81d82de5-7298-49cc-acc7-89cd478f9333
  3. SETTING DOESN'T LAUNCH

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETTING DOESN'T LAUNCH: i can't open the settings, everytime i want to open it, it will just appear for a second then after that it's automatically disappear. how will i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-doesnt-launch/726b9900-2d0b-4422-9713-bbf613d6259e
  4. game wont launch of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game wont launch of windows 10: Hi! i collected four game directly from a friend but it wont launch on my computer.it does not have any setup just bunch of files. i've compared the files to my friend's to make sure it's complete. and i have tried updating my pc but still the same error, it wont launch....
  5. Settings app not launching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app not launching: Hello, I can't launch my Windows 10 settings app, it crashes when I try to open it and I've had this issue for a long time now and I still couldn't find a way to fix it, thanks for any of your help....
  6. Minecraft Wont Launch In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Wont Launch In Windows 10: Hello. I have had problems with the Minecraft game since I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10. The launcher went well but when I clicked "Enter Game", the game won't run and crashes without reason. After I opened the log in the "crash-reports" folder I found several problems....
  7. forza horizon 4 wont launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forza horizon 4 wont launch: so i just reinstalled forza horizon 4 and it doesnt wanna launch at all only gives me a start up screen like 2 or 3 seconds and then poof its gone its not on task manager or anything my antivirus is off and i dont have any other addictional programs running in the background...
  8. Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection: I continuously get Code: 0x80072EFD in Microsoft Store, but Microsoft Edge as well as Cortana. It will open my settings menu, which again says that my wifi isn't connected to any network, much less the internet. (which, it is otherwise I sure the hell couldn't be posting...
  9. Start menu buttons wont launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu buttons wont launch: So today my computer stopped running the apps in the start menu. I have reset a few times and nothing helped. Are my drivers out of date or is there a new update i need. Also the HP support assist says i have an update to need to install but when i install it nothing happens...
  10. No Store neither Edge apps found after Profile Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Store neither Edge apps found after Profile Fix: Hello community. First of all I want to thanks this forum because it helped me to solve the "Temporary Profile" issue which is super annoying. I didn't lose any file or pre installed app, except Windows Store and all the apps downloaded from there (Edge, Calculator,...