Windows 10: Edge wont launch settings neither

Discus and support Edge wont launch settings neither in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My edge browser kept crashing so I did a system restore. This said it hadn't completed so did it in safe mode and that worked. Now edge wont even... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by woldsweather, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Edge wont launch settings neither

My edge browser kept crashing so I did a system restore. This said it hadn't completed so did it in safe mode and that worked. Now edge wont even launch. Also cant open windows setting which most solutions I have found require as a start point.

:)

woldsweather, Mar 30, 2018

2. Start Button after windows 10 upgrade not working

Upgraded to windows 10. Start button will not work and neither the Edge icon nor the Store icon appear in the task bar, although you can launch Edge by clicking on where it is supposed to be. Any fix ideas?

BillCollamer, Mar 30, 2018
  3. Neither setting , apps launch in win 10.

i tried all the above steps but no error was found

but the problem still exists.

None of the inbuilt apps or settings open.

please help

Nimesh kumar, Mar 30, 2018
  4. CmmTch Win User

Edge wont launch settings neither

CmmTch, Mar 30, 2018
  5. Tried but on entering

C:\Users\trevor\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\RoamingState

I get inoperable file

6. I got into settings ran some windows updating, restarted machine now I cant get into settings or system reset. Just want to reinstall windows now.

7. f14tomcat Win User
    Can you get into settings by typing settings in the search box (lower left of taskbar, Cortana search thing) and choosing the top option?

f14tomcat, Mar 30, 2018
  8. Edge wont launch settings neither

No none of the googled methods worked, but have just rebooted again and now downloading a windows cumulative update so we'll see what happens after that.

9. f14tomcat Win User
    While that is downloading, hold the WIN key and the R key. In that run window, type WINVER , and press enter. What version does it show?

f14tomcat, Mar 30, 2018
  10. 1709 (OS Build 16299.102)

11. EdTittel Win User
    I'd recommend trying an in-place upgrade repair install first. You'd only need to perform a clean install should the repair install fail to return Edge to full, normal operations. Here's a link to @Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 30, 2018
  12. Also I am downloading the windows updates troubleshooter but that wont run.

I have a message in updates Some settings are managed by your organisation

13. EdTittel Win User

Dear Woldsweather:
    When you see the red text warning "*Some settings are managed by your organization" that simply means some policies apply to your current update settings. Click on the blue line that reads "View configured update policies" and post a screen shot of what comes up in response:

Edge wont launch settings neither [​IMG]

On my machine, for example, here's what comes up:

Edge wont launch settings neither [​IMG]

This simply means I elected not to receive Windows drivers from Windows update at some point in time. When you do this on your PC we'll be able to see (and make advice based on) what's in effect there.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 30, 2018
  14. CmmTch Win User
    What happened when you tried the first command? Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}[/quote] And the other steps leading up to the command you posted, did those complete successful or fail? Are you logged on to your MSA as admin? I've never used this fix (haven't needed it) I'm thinking a user would need to be logged on at least as an administrator to complete the fix.

Did you take a look at the older thread I linked to? There might be some hints there you can use. I can't offer anything more than what's in the link I posted, I don't use Edge anymore.

I found that solution to repairing/reinstalling Edge from google 3 years ago.

There could be other members respond with other idea's or experience doing this.

You can also check this tutorial, (best solution) the resident expert and Admin of W10 @Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

CmmTch, Mar 30, 2018
  15. Why not just switch browsers?

I tried Edge when I first got Windows 10.
    It worked.
    Then it broke.
    Then it worked.
    Then it broke.
    When I say "it broke" I mean it wouldn't start. Click ... and nothing.

I gave up. Uninstall. Gone.

Firefox is better. Chrome is even better. And both work, always.

margrave55, Mar 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge wont launch settings neither - Similar Threads - Edge wont launch

2. games wont launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games wont launch: Since I have updated the NVIDIA drivers and windows is up to date I can no longer launch any game on steam,xbox pc pass or BigBox using various emulators and startup and shutdown seems to take forever.I am using a r7 5700g,rtx2060 on a driving simulator....
  3. games wont launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    games wont launch: Since I have updated the NVIDIA drivers and windows is up to date I can no longer launch any game on steam,xbox pc pass or BigBox using various emulators and startup and shutdown seems to take forever.I am using a r7 5700g,rtx2060 on a driving simulator....
  4. Microsoft Store wont launch and neither will its applications

Microsoft Store wont launch and neither will its applications: I just recently bought a new windows 11 laptop Dell Inspiron 5310 which I found, could not run Microsoft store nor any applications such as sticky notes and photos. Whenever I try to launch Microsoft store, it opens up and loads before immediately closing itself without any...
  5. Microsoft Store wont launch and neither will its applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store wont launch and neither will its applications: I just recently bought a new windows 11 laptop Dell Inspiron 5310 which I found, could not run Microsoft store nor any applications such as sticky notes and photos. Whenever I try to launch Microsoft store, it opens up and loads before immediately closing itself without any...
  6. App Wont Launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App Wont Launch: whenever I try to play Angry Birds 2 on my pc the game just wont launch. I see the Rovio logo then it just exits https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-wont-launch/c8c8e7a1-1b09-48a1-afa9-9776fb12b0d5
  7. Settings wont launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings wont launch: I cannot launch my settings and I lost my mail icon to be able to get mail. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-launch/ba20a65e-d6da-4a14-b31d-352113011690
  8. Settings wont launch

Settings wont launch: Hey guys, I started having problems with my camera and when I went to Settings it just didn't launched. I searched for the solution on the internet and it just doesnt works. I tried every single method and none of them worked. I dont know what to do. I am a teacher, trying...
  9. windows 10 settings wont launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 settings wont launch: I can't open settings in windows 10 nor can I set up another account. How do I add another user account? Nothing happens when I click on the add user tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-settings-wont-launch/e747d3b3-770f-46ca-98f3-4c042ada21b9
  10. Minecraft Wont Launch :(

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Wont Launch :(: My Minecraft Launcher Won't Launch I'm using The Latest Launcher And The Default Launcher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-wont-launch/81d82de5-7298-49cc-acc7-89cd478f9333