Windows 10: Edge won't shut down after Anniversary update

Discus and support Edge won't shut down after Anniversary update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've upgraded to the Anniversary version 1607 Build 14393.51 and nothing will shut Edge down other than stopping the task in Task Manager. Has anyone... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DaiB, Aug 12, 2016.

1. DaiB Win User

Edge won't shut down after Anniversary update

I've upgraded to the Anniversary version 1607 Build 14393.51 and nothing will shut Edge down other than stopping the task in Task Manager. Has anyone else come across this? I can at least minimise it.

:)

2. Edge won't shut down after Anniversary upgrade

My Edge frequently will not shut down, since the Anniversary Upgrade. It is not related to any particular site. After using Task Manager to close it, when I re-open it, it opens with those same windows that would not close. There is that - it involves
    more than one tab open...

Carl Crist, Aug 12, 2016
  3. DaiBell Win User
    Edge won't shut down after Anniversary upgrade

I now have version 1607 Build 14393.51 and find that Edge won't shut down other than stopping the task in Task Manager. Nothing works but I can minimise it. Anyone else come across this?

DaiBell, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Do you have the live tile on the start menu?
    Try turning it off, or unpin it all together.

Cliff S, Aug 12, 2016
  5. DaiB Win User
    Hi. After a few re-boots it has now decided to work properly. Thanks anyway.

6. Mooly Win User
    This seems to be a common issue according to all the Windows feedback and this issue actually predates the AU. Hopefully a patch or fix will be included in a forthcoming update.

Mooly, Aug 12, 2016
  7. I have come to the conclusion it is related to all the updates and upgrades that have to run after the WIN 10 upgrade.

I have just done an upgrade on a PC for someone else. That PC had hundreds of Store Apps loaded before, everything was set to auto, etc. etc. The upgrade process was extremely slow to complete, and many things appeared to not want to work properly, at first glance.

I simply left the PC connected up for 48 hours, where after it behaved as expected but slow. My recommendation to the owner was to seriously review all the Apps that load and want to run in the background, and get rid of the "stuff" not really needed.

Geoff Daniell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge won't shut down after Anniversary update - Similar Threads - Edge won't shut

2. Computer not shutting down after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not shutting down after update: For context: I have a HP Spectre laptop that is currently running Windows 11. Last night, I tried the ole “update and shut down” before going to bed. I kept the laptop open and monitored progress as I was getting ready for bed. I believe updates were about 70% installed as I...
  3. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  4. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  5. PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't shut down: Installed Windows 10 on a Lenovo M81 and when clicking on shutdown from the Start menu the screen shuts off but the machine keeps running, I have to manually power off by holding down the button. The OS is on a SSD and I just updated the BIOS. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  6. Won't shut-down completely ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't shut-down completely ..?: Hi All My HP laptop certainly won't shut-down . I have to hold the power button to do it .. ? So far I did reset the window .. but still messes up Please help .. Thanks 164789
  7. Computer shutting down after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down after updates: My windows 10 computer is shutting down after it updates. I have to turn the computer off manually and back on again to get it to boot up. What's happening and is there a way to fix this...
  8. Edge reluctant to shut down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge reluctant to shut down: Since Christmas, all the Insider preview builds have caused me grief. I had hoped 14316 would have a better Edge, my ordinary upgrades of W10 seem to work ok with Edge. When I left click on the top rhs cross, I expect Edge to instantly close, which only works about 50% of the...
  9. MS Edge shuts down immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge shuts down immediately after opening: Hi, Upgraded from 8.1 to Win 10 ok and all worked ok for a few days. Tried Edge and was quite impressed with speed and performance until a few days later it stopped working. When you open Edge the program starts but then immediately shuts down. Chrome and IE are both ok....
  10. PC accidentally shut down while updating to windows 10 anniversary

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC accidentally shut down while updating to windows 10 anniversary: My PC accidentally shut down because electricity problem while updating to windows 1607 anniversary and when i turn it on its show black screen with restoring to previous windows version text. Whats going to happen ? Is my windows going to corrupt ? 59954