Windows 10: EDGE won't stay put..

Discus and support EDGE won't stay put.. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A new anomaly with Edge. I use a 24 inch monitor and most time have two browsers open. I drag the edges of both so that I have them side by side (as in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sonny1st, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Sonny1st Win User

EDGE won't stay put..

A new anomaly with Edge. I use a 24 inch monitor and most time have two browsers open. I drag the edges of both so that I have them side by side (as in pic 1). I close them and then open them again later and Edge is in a different place (as in pic 2). Firefox always remembers where I left it.. Edge rarely does. Does anyone know how to make Edge remember where it was left or have a solution to this other than switching to Chrome?

:)

Sonny1st, Nov 8, 2017

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Nope, no help. All this did was move all the icons that I had on the right side to the left. It also arranges them in some machine-specified order, not the way I place them. It also did not address the issue of my application windows being resized
    every time they are closed or minimized.

LaurieWagnerFR, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

EDGE won't stay put..

You are adjusting the size of the Edge window to fill half the screen. When you drag a corner or edge that close to the edge of the desktop a feature called Aero Snap takes over and adjusts the window for you to be an exact fit to the boundary. The trouble is that Edge doen't remember the 'Aero snapped' size and position, just the last 'unsnapped' size before Aero Snap kicked in, that's why it's opening in the 'wrong' position.

You have two options, either turn off Aero Snap so that it doesn't get in the way of you resizing Edge, or embrace Aero Snap and use it to the full.

It does have some advantages - if you drag a window to one side edge it will snap to fill half the screen, with an option to choose which other window to put in the other half. Once 'snapped' like this, the windows can be adjusted as one - you can click and drag the vertical division to resize to (say) one third/two thirds and both windows will be resized at the same time.

Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10

Bree, Nov 8, 2017
  5. Sonny1st Win User
    Thanks Bree..
    I have turned off all the Snap buttons and will wait to see if that works.. But let me see if I understand correctly.. Microsoft develops Windows 10, and Edge to go with it but the Snap feature they also developed does not work between the two although it will work with another browser like Firefox or Chrome.. or any other window that I put 'half screen' .. Hmmm *Smile

Sonny1st, Nov 8, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    I recommend using Snap, it's incredibly fast and easy to use. I use it with two instances of Edge all the time. Open two instances of Edge, press WIN + Left Arrow keys to snap first one to left half of display (Right Arrow to snap to right), select second one to fill the other half.

Takes a fraction of a second to snap with WIN + an arrow key, another fraction to select second one.

EDGE won't stay put.. [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Kari, Nov 8, 2017
  7. Sonny1st Win User
    Apparently 'Snap' isn't the culprit.. I left the browsers on half screen, X'd them out and shut the pc down for the night. This morning when I started up it was the same thing.. Firefox was right where I left it and Edge was out of sorts just like in the photo above. *sarc

Sonny1st, Nov 8, 2017
  8. Sonny1st Win User

EDGE won't stay put..

Thanks Kari, that's a great tip 'snapping' each browser with the Win+arrow keys.. But Edge doesn't remember where it got snapped to like Firefox does. If I close the browsers, wait a few seconds and reopen them they go right back to how they look in photo 2 above,, Not a life or death issue I know, just annoying *Confused

Sonny1st, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

EDGE won't stay put..

1. EDGE won't stay put.. - Similar Threads - EDGE won't stay

2. Microsoft Edge won't stay open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge won't stay open: So yesterday, my laptop was working fine, so I shut it off.But this morning, Microsoft Edge didn't stay open when I clicked on the icon. It opened for a second and then pressed the "x" itself.However, I can use the start menu to access it. Now, when I exit and press the icon...
  3. Microsoft Edge won't stay open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge won't stay open: So yesterday, my laptop was working fine, so I shut it off.But this morning, Microsoft Edge didn't stay open when I clicked on the icon. It opened for a second and then pressed the "x" itself.However, I can use the start menu to access it. Now, when I exit and press the icon...
  4. Microsoft Edge won't stay open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The Taskbar will NOT Stay Put!

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Taskbar will NOT Stay Put!: HELP!?? NO forum question on this I can find, so here goes.... I have recently acquired a third monitor for editing AND gaming. I run 3 28" monitors in 7680x1440 using Nvidia Control Panel. Home Build System in huge full tower. Running ASUS DUAL RTX-2070 GPU ASUS...
  6. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...
  7. Windows 10 desktop icons won't stay put

Windows 10 desktop icons won't stay put: How do I get my desktop icons to stay put in Windows 10. Yes, I have already tried the usual fixes for this issue so please don't suggest to "Refresh", etc. I am on my third surface book, my other two did not have this issue. Thanks for any help you can give....
  8. Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.: Hi everyone - I deal with complex issues, but this is ridiculous! W10 Pro... Have Auto Arrange Icons and Align Icons To Grid checked in View. I like my Recycle Bin in the lower left hand corner of the screen. However, it moves up four places on the left every time I log...
  9. Desktop Icons won't stay put...

Desktop Icons won't stay put...: Good day, everyone. I'm having a very unique issue, at least, to me, with my Windows 10 machine. I have Win 10 Pro and my desktop will flash for a split second and all my icons will have moved to wherever they wish to be. I spend more time re-organizing my desktop than I do...
  10. windows won't stay put

in Windows 10 Support
    windows won't stay put: I guess I'm a little OCD but I like to center the windows, like control panel, personalization my pc etc. Everytime I get them perfectly centered on the desktop when I close the windows and reopen them, they're not centered. In W7 or W8.1 they stay locked in position. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge wont stay in one place