Windows 10: Edge

Discus and support Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Did a clean install of windows 10, because I could not get windows 10 updates. After the clean install I open Edge and the DOM console opens and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pbtest, May 14, 2017.

1. pbtest Win User

Edge

Did a clean install of windows 10, because I could not get windows 10 updates. After the clean install I open Edge and the DOM console opens and flashes on and off, not able to access settings when this happens, after a time the whole thing freezes and I can only close Edge with task manager. Things I have tried complete virus, spyware and malware scan, no threats. Disk check, sfc /sannow, in settings Clear browser, and a scan with system mechanic. None of this has made a difference, after searching the web it seems the only way to resolve this is to purchase Reimage Plus to resolve this problem, please can anyone help?

:)

pbtest, May 14, 2017

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, May 14, 2017
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, May 14, 2017
  4. Edge

Do a search here for How To Reset Microsoft Edge. It might solve your problem.

Good Luck.

Wiley Coyote, May 14, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    ICIT2LOL, May 14, 2017
  6. pbtest Win User
    Thanks for the replies. Did a search and found nothing that helped also Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials was not of any help. This is driving me crazy

pbtest, May 14, 2017
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    PB mate try this Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials I have set mine up as in the pics as I cannot stand the clutter takes a but of fiddling but you will get there see my quote to a friend in anemial it might not be what you want but have a look
    I have another thread asking why only eight top sites but no answers yet.

ICIT2LOL, May 14, 2017
  8. ICIT2LOL Win User

Edge

Have a little problem with my last post now if one runs CCleaner all the top sites on a new tab page are defaulted back to the original crap.

So what in Cleaner must we untick to stop this nonsense going on?? *Mad

ICIT2LOL, May 14, 2017
  9. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok now might have found a simple fix - maybe when you run CCleaner untick everything in Edge. see pic.

I will try ticking some of the boxes until CC starts clearing the top sites on anew tab then we shall have maybe again a fix.

Edit: If you even tick just cookies it will delete all your top sites and what I think I will do is to quickly flip back to Chrome and run the cookies dump in there if it is not a solution so be it but at least this annoying feature in edge is avoidable for the time being.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge

1. Edge - Similar Threads - Edge

2. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  3. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  4. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

6. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default: So I play Baldur's Gate 3 and while working on adding a couple of mods in, I accidentally selected for all .pak files to open in Edge by default which has meant that ALL my .pak files for the game are trying to open in Edge which has essentially knackered my game. I have...
  8. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default: So I play Baldur's Gate 3 and while working on adding a couple of mods in, I accidentally selected for all .pak files to open in Edge by default which has meant that ALL my .pak files for the game are trying to open in Edge which has essentially knackered my game. I have...
  9. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...