Edit a Desktop Icon Text, a better approach needed

Discus and support Edit a Desktop Icon Text, a better approach needed in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I need to edit the words at the bottom of a desktop icon. There are many links telling how to change the size, but that is not my need. The following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jim8080, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Jim8080 Win User

I need to edit the words at the bottom of a desktop icon. There are many links telling how to change the size, but that is not my need. The following works, but it often takes many attempts.

Left click the icon. The area around it changes to light blue, indicating that it has been selected.

Click in the wording region, and immediately move the cursor towards the center of the icon. (Click, not click and hold). If successful, the text will be white, surrounded by a blue area. It is similar to what is seen when changing a document title. Otherwise, try and try again.

Click in the blue region and make the change - again like changing a document title. Click somewhere else on the
    desktop, and the change is made.

I would include some images, but don't know how to do so.

Jim

:)

Jim8080, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Rohit Siddegowda Win User
    Desktop icons

Hi Cruz,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to resize only the Desktop items. However, you may customize the display to make the icons bigger or change the text size.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Settings and click on System.

• Under Display, you can customize the options according to your use.

If you need to increase the Desktop icon text size, you may follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control panel.

• Click on Appearance and Personalization.

• Click on Display and change the settings for the icon text size.

Let us know the results. If you are still facing the issue, we’re here to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Edit a Desktop Icon Text, a better approach needed - Similar Threads - Edit Desktop Icon

1. Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer: I'm having a trouble while I try to edit mp3 tags from windows explorer... I don't know why I can't now, I reinstalled windows but I've always was able to edit things such as album or even give the song 5 stars. [ATTACH] That's how how it should be seen, but it doesn't...
  2. Will Installing 'Group Policy' on Home Edition Cause Problems?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Installing 'Group Policy' on Home Edition Cause Problems?: I got win 10 home edition. Of course it doesnt come with Group Policy since I dont have the pro edition. But I can install it. But if I do will it give problems? 112439
  3. Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu: Microsoft has made it a priority to make Windows 10 feel and look more modern, and as part of this strategy, the tiniest parts of the operating system have received updates. The context menu, that appears when the user would right-click mouse anywhere inside the OS, is...
  4. This Week on Xbox: E3 2018 Edition - June 15

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: E3 2018 Edition - June 15: We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week, especially during E3 2018. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s E3 news into one easy-to-digest article for all...
  5. #XboxE3 2018: NieR: Automata Become as Gods Edition Comes to Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    #XboxE3 2018: NieR: Automata Become as Gods Edition Comes to Xbox One: ZX58vsAIhss Xbox fans will finally be able to experience the signature, exhilarating action combat from PlatinumGames’ modern classic and dive into the story of an apocalyptic future where man and machine lifeforms are at war over the fate of the world in NieR: Automata...
  6. Intel Core i7-8086K limited edition processor overclocked to 7.24GHz

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Core i7-8086K limited edition processor overclocked to 7.24GHz: Intel at Computex 2018 in Taipei, announced the 8th Gen Core i7-8086K Limited Edition processor. The limited edition of Intel Core i7-8086K celebrates the 40th anniversary of Intel introducing the x86 architecture. The chipmaker Intel started working on 8086 processor lineup...
  7. Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition: Under 1703 I had the Desktop Icon text set to something slightly larger or bolder than the default 'out of box' font. . When I installed 1709 the fonts reverted to the default. My tired old eyes need something bigger and/or bolder but I don't remember how I did it earlier and...