Windows 10: EDIT: Black screen after boot

Discus and support EDIT: Black screen after boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; *cry Recently, I tried to modify the file under C:\Windows\SystemResources\Windows.UI.Logon\Windows.UI.Logon.pri. I failed and the file got deleted,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wzor, Jul 24, 2015.

1. wzor Win User

EDIT: Black screen after boot

*cry Recently, I tried to modify the file under C:\Windows\SystemResources\Windows.UI.Logon\Windows.UI.Logon.pri. I failed and the file got deleted, resulting in a bricked Windows 10 instalation. Now to fix that, I need a copy of this file. Could anyone upload the file? Please... I don't want to reinstall my W10 as that will make my free copy obsolete (The Insider CD-Keys have been inactivated).

EDIT: above didn't work. I'm basically stuck with a black unusable login screen after using the tool provided in this thread: How do i remove the Hero wallpaper on the login screen in Build 10162?

:)

2. NLGano Win User

Window 10 update lost power. Unable to boot.

After my bios boots it goes to black screen.

The repair disc sat loading for 2 hrs... Just hung there.

Its a toshiba satellite laptop.

Edit: and no safe mode possible. If i could i would just boot with last known configuration.

NLGano, Jul 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 stuck at logo loading screen

I am stuck at the Windows 10 logo loading screen. After some time it boots to Automatic Repair and then turns the screen black with only the mouse pointer visible. This happened after the explorer was acting laggy and then crashed. I am not even
    able to boot into safe mode using automatic repair. I am using Windows 10 Education 64 bit anniversary edition.

GarielLangstieh, Jul 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you like, you could do a system restore using a restore point dated before you did this to undo and fix it. *Smile

Brink, Jul 24, 2015
  5. wzor Win User
    No way. I have no restore points avaible. Also the method I tried (replacing the file as written in the first post) did not work. The current problem is written in the edited section in the first post.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 24, 2015
  7. wzor Win User
    It's running now. I will report back on the results. Also I will upload the file I got (Windows.UI.Logon.pri) so others looking for it will be able to find it.

8. wzor Win User

9. Edwin New Member
    Why don't you just perform a clean install?

Edwin, Jul 24, 2015
  10. wzor Win User
    1. I have a lot of optimizations that took me ages to do
    2. My free copy of Windows will be gone as I don't have the w10 key

11. Edwin New Member
    1. Save and/or export your tweaks for re-merging.
    2. I'm willing to bet if you re-install it will still be activated.

Based on your list of OS's you're running, you seem well adapt to accomplish the task, besides, it's good practice. *Wink

Edwin, Jul 24, 2015
  12. wzor Win User
    Guess that's the only way. Actually, I have a spare ISO of 10240 as I am upgrading my Tablet right now. Thanks anyways. I'll wait till tomorrow. Maybe someone finds a different solution. *Smile

Thema:

1. EDIT: Black screen after boot - Similar Threads - EDIT Black screen

2. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  3. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  4. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  5. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black screen after booting Windows

Black screen after booting Windows: I get a black screen after booting my pc, it comes soon after seeing the windows logo. How can I fix the boot-up of the operating system? [Movido para inglês]...
  7. Black Screen After Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Boot: Ok so I have had this issue happen to me twice now and the only thing that has changed is that I recently went from a Mamba TE to the Mamba Elite which had me install Synapse 3. What happens is my PC gets through boot, shows the Windows loading circle, but then it just goes...
  8. BLACK SCREEN AFTER boot animation!

in Windows 10 Support
    BLACK SCREEN AFTER boot animation!: Please be advised: posted in this part as other catagories did not say crash. If moving to better part please inform! Preface: no image backup exsits for system; User says: " yes it will in future" System:HP Compaq Elite 2300 all-in-one touch Windows 10 build partially...
  9. Black screen after boot, no lock screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after boot, no lock screen: I just updated my pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I've been having some problems. Most of them were no big deal and a restart fixed them. However, now I can't loginto my pc. I just get a black screen. I tried safe mode, but I just got an error on the screen...
  10. Black screen after cold boot

Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...