Windows 10: Edit in registry = no log in prompt/safe mode only!! Help please

Discus and support Edit in registry = no log in prompt/safe mode only!! Help please in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello my windows 10 laptop was being fixed by a agent through remote control access they asked me to delete a USB driver folder in my registry upon... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Highitsjoi, May 29, 2017.

1. Edit in registry = no log in prompt/safe mode only!! Help please

Hello

my windows 10 laptop was being fixed by a agent through remote control access
    they asked me to delete a USB driver folder in my registry upon restarting my log in has been missing
    the restore and reset options fail
    but recognize a key is missin

safe mode is he only way in my laptop but with a wifi apartment building I can not enable a direct internet connection to look for support

the original agent was fixing a USB driver but this has put me out of work for two days now

3 time restarting to get to advanced troubleshoot

I've gone into windows R for msconfig and restarts but still no winning chance

anhone have experience with this?
    most threads have solved this but none of the options for for me....

much appreciated

*Smile

:)

Highitsjoi, May 29, 2017
  2. diz79 Win User

STUCK IN SAFE MODE PLEASE HELP Windows 10

I put my laptop into safemode by following Microsoft instructions, because the screen and bottom task bar sometimes flickered. But im now in a situation where I cannot get out of it.

followed this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12374/windows-10-troubleshoot-screen-flickering

The two main ways most places on the internet suggest are going through msconfig and cmd but both ways havent worked for me, examples below

How to get out of Windows Safe Mode

2 Options to Get out of Safe Mode in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista | Password Recovery

Ive also tried holding shift while restarting to get to troubleshooting but that hasnnt worked either.

Does anyone no of any other options as this is becoming a pain now as was meant to be a quick simple solution.

Thanks in advance

diz79, May 29, 2017
  3. STUCK IN SAFE MODE PLEASE HELP Windows 10

Hello,

In rare cases, a corrupted user profile can cause performance issues on your computer. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest creating a new user account and see if the same issue will occur while on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the
    steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people >Add
      someone else to this PC
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Once done, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Jefferson Ore, May 29, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Edit in registry = no log in prompt/safe mode only!! Help please

Welcome to the forum. What was the problem they were trying to fix How did you contact the agent ie is it genuine or have you been scammed?

So if you start normal how far do you get and what happens then?

Samuria, May 30, 2017
  5. It was not a scamming agency
    windiws support tech

if I start normal I get the time and date with ease of access/power buttons in right corner.

Highitsjoi, May 30, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    @Highitsjoi

What was the name of the USB driver folder? And how did you delete it? If you have not emptied your recycle bin, it may still be there.

And, like Samuria asked..... What Agent? Did you call them or they call you? If an Agent was on your machine remotely, why would they need to ask YOU to delete anything?

Start by letting us know, in detail, what started your issue that would require an Agent to get into your machine remotely. This is important.

EDIT: You were posting while I was composing this. Just read your post. Still would like answers, if possible.

f14tomcat, May 30, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Sounds like the Welcome Screen/Login Screen/Lock Screen. What happens if you click the screen, anywhere?

f14tomcat, May 30, 2017
  8. Edit in registry = no log in prompt/safe mode only!! Help please

Ok I was having trouble with a driver not installing all the way
    upon contacting windows support
    a virtual agent connected me with a person who was the fifth agent to began remote control over my laptop through a app and one time technician code...very common windows tool I've used before and solved issues with
    normally cost money but this time free

the pictures below show the file he asked me to delete and restart laptop

also thanks for recycle bin idea

when my computer starts I have time and date screen when I click it opens to a blank screen with my beach background
    *Smile

Highitsjoi, May 30, 2017
  9. Can't show you the text in picture because I am only able to log in TEST ACCOUNT not my own....the folder was in registry key USB DRIVER 36 something like that.....ends in 35 or 36 begins with usb

Highitsjoi, May 30, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    It's almost impossible to know what the MS tech did, or why. Have you tried getting back with them and explaining that the "fix" the tech did left you dead in the water?

f14tomcat, May 30, 2017
  11. He left me abandoned

do you think windows repair store will be able to fix?

Highitsjoi, May 30, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Not totally sure what you mean by Repair Store. Do you mean an In Place Repair?

Surprised he left you out to dry.........

f14tomcat, May 30, 2017
  13. Edit in registry = no log in prompt/safe mode only!! Help please

I believe they were trying to remove upper/lowerfilters and reset 26 value related to the network.
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi\{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\26
    But that does not really help, the point is, they should not have restarted, unless they knew. *Rolleyes

To restore background, run CMD as admin and copy/paste the code and enter:

Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ForceActiveDesktopOn" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoActiveDesktop" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoActiveDesktopChanges" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f taskkill /im explorer.exe /f & explorer.exe[/quote]
    But a repair upgrade would probably be the best option.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edit in registry = no log in prompt/safe mode only!! Help please

1. Edit in registry = no log in prompt/safe mode only!! Help please - Similar Threads - Edit registry log

2. Is it safe to edit registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to edit registry?: HelloI wanted to change the size of my taskbar icons in Windows 7 to a custom size, but for that I needed to edit the registry and so I am not sure if it is safe to do so. I found from a website that to set a custom size of icons on the taskbar, u need to edit the HKEY_USERS...
  3. Is it safe to edit registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to edit registry?: HelloI wanted to change the size of my taskbar icons in Windows 7 to a custom size, but for that I needed to edit the registry and so I am not sure if it is safe to do so. I found from a website that to set a custom size of icons on the taskbar, u need to edit the HKEY_USERS...
  4. Is it safe to edit a registry file of a particular plugin need urgent help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to edit a registry file of a particular plugin need urgent help please: Hi,This is the scenario of my problem.I design and use various Plugins in an image editing software. When I use plugin i get an option to save the edited work as a new preset to be used later if I want. That saved file is with the extension of reg. registry file. If I want to...
  5. Is it safe to edit a registry file of a particular plugin need urgent help please

Is it safe to edit a registry file of a particular plugin need urgent help please: Hi,This is the scenario of my problem.I design and use various Plugins in an image editing software. When I use plugin i get an option to save the edited work as a new preset to be used later if I want. That saved file is with the extension of reg. registry file. If I want to...
  6. Is it safe to edit a registry file of a particular plugin need urgent help please

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode: After shutting down my desktop last night, I turned it on today and it’s got to password box and it shows my second display as black and I can move my cursor to it. Usually it would not have signal on my second display until I logged in. Ctrl alt del doesn’t work and it...
  8. Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode

Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode: After shutting down my desktop last night, I turned it on today and it’s got to password box and it shows my second display as black and I can move my cursor to it. Usually it would not have signal on my second display until I logged in. Ctrl alt del doesn’t work and it...
  9. Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Went to Safe Mode. Password is incorrect. unable to Log-in. Please HELP

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Went to Safe Mode. Password is incorrect. unable to Log-in. Please HELP: To clean uninstall the graphics driver {AMD RADEON} I used their Clean Up Utility to enter SAFE MODE In the safe mode it asked password and not PIN . I typed my own password only. But it says incorrect. I tried changing password and then the Safe Mode with Networking via...