Windows 10: Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

Discus and support Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows How to Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by AtomicBoom369, May 28, 2017.

1. Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

How to: Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

How to Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable.

Users can use offline files (if always available offline to keep a copy of the files stored on the network on your computer. This allows users to work with them even when they are not connected to the network or a server is unavailable. The next time the user connects to the network or the server is available, their offline files on your computer will automatically sync to the network files on the server to update.

Users can also create custom sync schedules for their Offline Files sync partnerships to begin at a scheduled time they want or for when an event occurs.

User can view, edit, or delete their existing Offline Files sync schedules at anytime.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to view and edit existing Offline Files sync schedule for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*note In Windows 7, the offline files feature is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, the offline files feature is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, the offline files feature is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

Here's How:

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Sync Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the View sync partnerships link on the left side of Sync Center, and click/tap on the Offline Files sync partnership you want to delete a sync schedule for. (see screenshot below)

Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on the Schedule button on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the View or edit existing sync schedule option. (see screenshot below)

5. Select a sync schedule you want to change, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Make any changes (check or uncheck) you want to the current Offline Files sync items set to sync on this schedule, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

7. Make any changes you want to the current At a scheduled time or When an event occurs schedule, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

Note If you like, you can click/tap on the More Options button before you click/tap on Next to make any changes you want to the current scheduling options below, and click/tap on OK.

8. Click/tap on Save schedule to apply your changes. (see screenshot below)

9. You can now close the Sync Center if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

AtomicBoom369, May 28, 2017
  2. soopg Win User

MOVED: Cannot Schedule Offline Files

Hi,

Whilst trying to set up offline files to work on a schedule, I have been stuck with this error: 'An error occurred displaying sync schedules. Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified.' (see attached screenshot)

There seems to be very little information about this error online, could anyone help me with this?

So far I have tried running SFC (which said 'some files could not be repaired') and following the instructions in this article. Neither of these worked.

Thanks in advance for your help.

soopg, Oct 27, 2019
  3. soopg Win User
    Cannot Schedule Offline Files

Hi,

Whilst trying to set up offline files to work on a schedule, I have been stuck with this error: 'An error occurred displaying sync schedules. Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified.' (see attached screenshot)

There seems to be very little information about this error online, could anyone help me with this?

So far I have tried running SFC (which said 'some files could not be repaired') and following the instructions in this article. Neither of these worked.

Thanks in advance for your help.

soopg, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro?

Me too, and I also have Home. Apparently a lot of others share your frustration.

A Microsoft representative has said that..
    ...but several others in that thread had the same "click "Manage Offline Files" under Sync Center, nothing happens" problem as you. The suggestion form another Microsoft representative was to...
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-841e46a70799

But apparently no one had a cscsvc.dll on their machine...

Edit: ...neither do I on my W10 Home machine - I do have a cscsvc.dll on my Pro machine though (and I can enable and use offline folders on that). Looks like Karthicka_R got it wrong and this is only for Pro. *Sad

5. Windows 10 Version 1703 Access Denied to Schedule for Offline Files

We had no issue in version 1607 but new machines with version 1703 does not allow me to access the schedule for offline files. The exact error is:

Sync Schedule Error: An error occurred displaying sync schedules.

Error: 0x8007005 - Access is denied

I see that a lot of people are posting about this & looking for solutions but so far no response from Microsoft.

Now that newer notebooks are arriving with Version 1703 already on them, I can't even roll back to previous versions. My only option has been to format and start over with an older copy of Win 10, Version 1607 & make sure the offline folder schedule is set
    before Windows forces it's version 1703 update on me.

There are several suggestions out there about A) disabling/re-enabling offline files or, B) making sure no encryption is turned on or, C) taking ownership of the offline folders etc but none of those solutions have worked for myself or many others who are
    asking about this.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Norm.Andrews, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 Version 1703 Access Denied to Schedule for Offline Files

We had no issue in version 1607 but new machines with version 1703 does not allow me to access the schedule for offline files. The exact error is:

Sync Schedule Error: An error occurred displaying sync schedules.

Error: 0x8007005 - Access is denied

I see that a lot of people are posting about this & looking for solutions but so far no response from Microsoft.

Now that newer notebooks are arriving with Version 1703 already on them, I can't even roll back to previous versions. My only option has been to format and start over with an older copy of Win 10, Version 1607 & make sure the offline folder schedule is set
    before Windows forces it's version 1703 update on me.

There are several suggestions out there about A) disabling/re-enabling offline files or, B) making sure no encryption is turned on or, C) taking ownership of the offline folders etc but none of those solutions have worked for myself or many others who are
    asking about this.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Norm.Andrews, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

1. Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows - Similar Threads - Edit Offline Files

2. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  3. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  4. OFFLINE files and sync center

OFFLINE files and sync center: If I enable offline files on a Windows 10 laptop for files stored on windows server 2016 network drive, is option available to NEVER update server copy of any file when any client laptop re-connects to the network?...
  5. Syncing issue with offline files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing issue with offline files: I turned on the option "Always available offline" for the network folder. However when I turned it off, several files that I could see before do not come up....
  6. Offline files not syncing

Offline files not syncing: I initially turned on "Always available offline" feature for one of the network folder. After turning it off, some of the files (that appeared before) do not appear at all now. Why is this and how can I fix it?...
  7. Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows: How to: Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows How to Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users can use offline...
  8. Delete Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows: How to: Delete Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows How to Delete Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users can...
  9. Create New Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create New Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows: How to: Create New Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows How to Create New Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable....
  10. Cannot Schedule Offline Files

Cannot Schedule Offline Files: Hi, Whilst trying to set up offline files to work on a schedule, I have been stuck with this error: 'An error occurred displaying sync schedules. Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified.' (see attached screenshot) There seems to be very little...