Windows 10: Edit Paint

Discus and support Edit Paint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im trying to edit a picture on paint. How can i crop only the face. I dont like the snipping tool. I like to crop just the face but not in a box. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PamelaSummers1, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Edit Paint

Im trying to edit a picture on paint. How can i crop only the face. I dont like the snipping tool. I like to crop just the face but not in a box. I dont have photoshop so i like to use paint.

:)

PamelaSummers1, Jul 21, 2018

2. Cannot edit images when saved in Fresh paint

Hi Kamila,

As per the information, I understand that when you save an image drawn in Fresh Paint, you are unable to edit the image once saved.

If the above is true, I suggest that you follow the steps below to save the image in a manner that will allow you to edit it.

• To save your painting right click on fresh paint and click on
      Save as
      . You will get an option to select the location.
    • Select the location and save the painting.
    • When you reopen fresh paint you will be on the painting you used before closing fresh paint. If you do not get the painting, you may click on image and go to the location and select the image to edit.

For added information on Fresh Paint refer to the FAQ below

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Note: Also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 21, 2018
  3. editing text with paint in windows 10

Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the question below.

• In what way you are trying to edit the photo?
    • Are you trying to remove the text which is in the photo?
    Paint doesn't have the option to edit the names which is already there in the photo, only you can remove/cut which also removes the part of the photo.

Only option you have in Paint is to enter the text on the Photo.

Hope this information helps. If any further issues post us to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Edit Paint

upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Edit Paint

1. Edit Paint - Similar Threads - Edit Paint

2. Paint app on Windows 11 not saving the edits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint app on Windows 11 not saving the edits: I am trying to edit picture on paint. Right click on the photo and selecting edit opens the photo. After saving the edit paint app not saving the updated photo also not showing any errors. But if i first open the app and then from there open the desired photo to edit. After...
  3. Paint app on Windows 11 not saving the edits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint app on Windows 11 not saving the edits: I am trying to edit picture on paint. Right click on the photo and selecting edit opens the photo. After saving the edit paint app not saving the updated photo also not showing any errors. But if i first open the app and then from there open the desired photo to edit. After...
  4. why can't I edit shapes in MS Paint anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't I edit shapes in MS Paint anymore: I have Paint in Windows 10, but it seems "a cut back to bare bones" version. I cant edit shapes and many other functions are missing. Same with Paint3D....
  5. why can't I edit shapes in MS Paint anymore

why can't I edit shapes in MS Paint anymore: I have Paint in Windows 10, but it seems "a cut back to bare bones" version. I cant edit shapes and many other functions are missing. Same with Paint3D....
  6. How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats: First I made the file to be like what I want to start it out with; I saved the file and closed it out so that my computer wouldn't overheat, and then I tried to edit it as it's original format PNG and it gave me the error message below. I changed it to a JPEG and it gave me...
  7. How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats: First I made the file to be like what I want to start it out with; I saved the file and closed it out so that my computer wouldn't overheat, and then I tried to edit it as it's original format PNG and it gave me the error message below. I changed it to a JPEG and it gave me...
  8. How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats

9. Context Menu: How to Set My Own Edit App for Images and NOT PAINT.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menu: How to Set My Own Edit App for Images and NOT PAINT.: Many years ago I configured the Windows 10 Edit context menu option for image files to launch Photoshop.Some months ago, Windows decided that the Edit option should launch Paint, and set it that way.I can change it back by using a context menu utility.Within minutes, Windows...
  10. Context Menu: How to Set My Own Edit App for Images and NOT PAINT.

Context Menu: How to Set My Own Edit App for Images and NOT PAINT.: Many years ago I configured the Windows 10 Edit context menu option for image files to launch Photoshop.Some months ago, Windows decided that the Edit option should launch Paint, and set it that way.I can change it back by using a context menu utility.Within minutes, Windows...