Windows 10: Edit taskbar

Discus and support Edit taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been looking around and cannot seem to grasp this one...... I know that in all previous versions if I wanted to get rid of something on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jfarthing, Mar 18, 2016.

1. jfarthing Win User

Edit taskbar

I have been looking around and cannot seem to grasp this one......

I know that in all previous versions if I wanted to get rid of something on the taskbar I could simply right click and delete.

I cannot seem to do that with this version.

Is there a way that I can edit the taskbar and get rid of all of the crap that they put on there such as camera, calendar etc?

Thanks!
    Jim

:)

jfarthing, Mar 18, 2016

2. Clock missing from taskbar

Just updated surface pro 3 to anniversary edition of win 10 1067, and now the clock is missing in the taskbar. There's a space where the clock should be, and clicking there brings up the clock/calendar. If I dock taskbar to top or bottom, the clock shows.
    Docked left or right, it doesn't show, regardless of the width of the taskbar. It was working previous to this update.

//edit: problem resolved by changing theme.

Bill_Down_Under, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 taskbar will not unhide

As of recent updates that I installed today, the task bar no longer appears when I move my mouse to the bottom of my screen if I have a fullscreen window open.

The taskbar is otherwise normal, and I can set it to not automatically hide or open it with the windows button on my keyboard, but I don't want to have to use either of these.

Edit 30th October: A recent windows update seems to have resolved this issue. I didn't realise for a few days, as I'd been working with the "automatically hide taskbar" option turned off.

Edit 1st November: I updated windows again last night, and the problem is back.

Attempting to restart windows explorer now also changes the autohide setting to "off", so now I'm stuck with a taskbar that won't hide OR unhide properly.

I am not happy.

Windows, how hard is it to just make taskbar settings do what they're supposed to?

Edit 22nd March: The problem randomly resolved itself for about 5 minutes. It then reappeared when I started typing this edit, then I went to the taskbar settings and saw that it was unlocked, locked it (I've tried messing around with the lock/unlock countless
    times before, with no success), and then the problem went away for good.

It looks like the problem has finally been fixed, but I'm half expecting the problem to just come back the next time I log on, considering how unreliable the taskbar has been up to this point.

Edit about 10 minutes later:

I immediately had issues as soon as I finished with my last comment.

Not only did the taskbar problem come back when I pressed the windows key, the edit I wrote about it wouldn't post.

Edit just after that:

So, the solution is this: Press the window key. Close the start menu, but keep the taskbar open. Move mouse off the taskbar so it starts to close, then move the mouse back onto the taskbar.

If the windows key is pressed without doing this, the problem returns.

WHY IS THIS SO CONVOLUTED???

Edit 23rd March:

And now that temporary fix has stopped working, just as randomly as it popped up.

NathanGamble, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Edit taskbar

Brink, Mar 18, 2016
  5. jfarthing Win User
    Edit taskbar [​IMG]

I pulled this up, right clicked camera and this is whaty I got.

I don't need camera (at all) and just wanted to get rid of it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated! *Smile

I will look at everything you sent now and see if any of it helps.

Thanks for reading!
    Jim

jfarthing, Mar 18, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 18, 2016
  7. jfarthing Win User
    Ah, Ok. Didn't know about the name but thank you for the info.

Jim

jfarthing, Mar 18, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Edit taskbar

You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Edit taskbar

1. Edit taskbar - Similar Threads - Edit taskbar

2. Is there a way to modify the size the taskbar without editing the registry keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to modify the size the taskbar without editing the registry keys?: Why would you remove a feature that's been in every single version of Windows since forever?So the ads and data harvesting are becoming more invasive and aggressive, but features are sliding backward?What?...
  3. Is there a way to modify the size the taskbar without editing the registry keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to modify the size the taskbar without editing the registry keys?: Why would you remove a feature that's been in every single version of Windows since forever?So the ads and data harvesting are becoming more invasive and aggressive, but features are sliding backward?What?...
  4. I've edited a icon for a app on Windows 10, but it is not showing on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've edited a icon for a app on Windows 10, but it is not showing on the taskbar.: Hello,I was editing a icon on a app on my taskbar on Windows 10, but it is not showing, I've tried un-pinning it, I've tried everything but it will still not show on the taskbar.Can someone please help?Kind regards,Alfie Thompson...
  5. I've edited a icon for a app on Windows 10, but it is not showing on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've edited a icon for a app on Windows 10, but it is not showing on the taskbar.: Hello,I was editing a icon on a app on my taskbar on Windows 10, but it is not showing, I've tried un-pinning it, I've tried everything but it will still not show on the taskbar.Can someone please help?Kind regards,Alfie Thompson...
  6. I've edited a icon for a app on Windows 10, but it is not showing on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar showing up when playing minecraft windows 10 edition.

Taskbar showing up when playing minecraft windows 10 edition.: Hi I have this problem when I move my mouse cursor down the taskbar shows up and its really annoying! Does anyone know how to fix this?[IMG]...
  8. Are there any programs or applications for editing taskbar pin animation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any programs or applications for editing taskbar pin animation?: I would love if my pins could interact more with me, like my apps do on my mac when I hover over, or click on. Mainly because I use Windows at work, but I accidently click on so many pins that it's obnoxious. I never do on my mac, because within half a second my icon is twice...
  9. Taskbar keep popping up when I move my mouse towards it in Minecraft Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keep popping up when I move my mouse towards it in Minecraft Windows 10 edition: I have tried turning auto-hide on and off, and still no result. the issue occurs in both fullscreen and windowed mode. I have looked on countless forums and I am at a complete loss as this doesn't happen with any other app or game on my computer. Any help would be much...
  10. (Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.

(Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.: I think the icons on the taskbar are very bland. While I know how to change app icons, I couldn't change the battery, volume and wifi icons. I think that I have to replace the windows icons with the icons I need but I can't find the correct file or maybe I need to install a...