Windows 10: edit the right click menu

Discus and support edit the right click menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you change the context menu for web pages (.HTML, .HTM files) so when you right-click and select "Edit" the file is opened in another HTML... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by artoo, Sep 24, 2016.

1. artoo Win User

edit the right click menu

How do you change the context menu for web pages (.HTML, .HTM files) so when you right-click and select "Edit" the file is opened in another HTML editor (Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, Sublime Text, etc....) rather then Microsoft Word?

Thanks

:)

artoo, Sep 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 right click context menu missing "Edit" option. How do I add it?

Hi Yvan,

Do you have full permission on that particular folder? I mean, you should, but check the folder permissions and make sure they are accurate.

I’ve also used a tool called Windows Enabler which enables grayed out buttons. It’ll be from a 3rd party link, but I can find you one for download. it’s helled me out numerous times in the past.

Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 right click context menu missing "Edit" option. How do I add it?

I completely understand. I’m trying to look for a fix to get that edit button accessible.

I’m just curious, can you open up another folder with different file types, highlight a file, edit still greyed out? Trying to see if it’s all files. Try a couple different folders in different places if possible.

Thanks!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Do you mean the .html/.htm files stored on the computer? I have 2 choices of installed programs, Microsoft Expression Web [editor] and Notepad++. Usually installing programs that can handle different file formats will make the entry on that menu. If not seeing Open with might have to hold down the Shift key while right-clicking a file to get more choices.

Berton, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Michael Win User
    I like to have a text editor handy for every file type
    by opening the Registry Editor ( *Start+R: regedit ) to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell
    and creating a New > Key with a name like:
    Open with Text Editor
    and under which a New > Key named:
    Command
    with a (default) value like:
    "C:\Path to Your Editor.exe" "%1"
    You can also add an icon by creating a New > String Value named Icon to
    Open with Text Editor key with a value like: "C:\Path to Your Editor.exe"

Michael, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. edit the right click menu - Similar Threads - edit right click

2. Windows 11 right click menu "Edit"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 right click menu "Edit": Hello. I've been reluctant to make the switch over to Windows 11 because of 1 specific thing I use a lot for work.I know that you can change the look of the "right click" context menu so make it look like previous windows versions. My question is this: in Windows 10, when you...
  3. Windows 11 right click menu "Edit"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 right click menu "Edit": Hello. I've been reluctant to make the switch over to Windows 11 because of 1 specific thing I use a lot for work.I know that you can change the look of the "right click" context menu so make it look like previous windows versions. My question is this: in Windows 10, when you...
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  7. PowerShell(Admin) -right click start menu edit

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell(Admin) -right click start menu edit: Right click on either PowerShell shortcut in the Win10 20H2 start menu and both are user not the System32 for the (Admin). I couldn't find where these start menu right click shortcuts are stored so I have used the tutorial registry script merge to have the admin cmd on the...
  8. Is there a way to edit the right-click context menu for images?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to edit the right-click context menu for images?: https://puu.sh/GuB4M/6aee1a187e.png Would really love to remove "Create a new video", "Edit with Photos", "Edit with Paint 3D", and "Set as desktop background" since I never use any of those. submitted by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz [link] [comments]...
  9. Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?: I'm pretty sure that years ago (possibly on my previous PC under XP) I used to have a tool that would let me edit the FE context menu. But darned if I can find it now that I want to prune the long list I've accumulated. Can anyone point me to a safe and simple utility for...
  10. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"