Windows 10: Editing links in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Editing links in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got a folder containing my ebooks. Although the books are grouped in author sub-folders it is still proving too cumbersome, so I have now grouped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Agrippa, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Agrippa Win User

Editing links in Windows Explorer

I've got a folder containing my ebooks. Although the books are grouped in author sub-folders it is still proving too cumbersome, so I have now grouped these author sub-folders in a number of alphabetical sub-folders, that is A, B, C etc.

A problem has arisen in that I deal with books with multiple authors by creating links for the subsidiary authors and storing these links in the appropriate author sub-folder for each subsidiary author. What this means is that I now have a number of links that point to paths that no longer exist.

I could obviously sort things out on a link by link basis but this would be extremely time consuming. Is there any software that would search the folders, identify links, and then find where the target books are now located and correct the links? The sort of thing I am looking for is something like that found in my CorelDraw graphics package where, if you move the media files in Explorer, you can tell the program to search for them. I also know that you can identify links simply by searching for .lnk in the top level folder.

:)

Agrippa, Aug 22, 2017

2. Editing song info in windows explorer in windows 10?

I just edited song info using Windows Media Player. For some reason, I can't do it with file browser like before.

8livesleft, Aug 22, 2017
  3. eswo Win User
    Editing song info in windows explorer in windows 10?

the answer given you was at best incomplete. After you get to properties, click on details, then on the attribute you wish to change (artist, album, etc. ). It helps to add that attribute to the dsiplayed column list in the explorer display so you can verify/see
    the change. Also, you can highlight multiple file names at once to do the same thing to all of them at once. Hope this helps, albeit very late after your original question.

4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 23, 2017
  5. Agrippa Win User
    Thanks for the link. As far as I can see, broken shortcuts are exactly my problem. I shall browse through the programs in your link.

Agrippa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Editing links in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Editing links Explorer

2. edit mode on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edit mode on file explorer: Can someone help me am trying to get edit mode and i have tried loads of things and still nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-mode-on-file-explorer/2839f3d9-5d81-4471-b5b0-0278910a0a9a
  3. edit mode on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edit mode on file explorer: Can someone help me am trying to get edit mode and i have tried loads of things and still nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-mode-on-file-explorer/2839f3d9-5d81-4471-b5b0-0278910a0a9a
  4. link problems after reg edit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    link problems after reg edit: used reg edit to disable the "action needed" prompt on the wifi settings screen due to a bug it was causing, now any application wont open external links, takes me to the microsoft connect test page, however when opening my browser manually and pasting said link, it works...
  5. link problems after reg edit

link problems after reg edit: used reg edit to disable the "action needed" prompt on the wifi settings screen due to a bug it was causing, now any application wont open external links, takes me to the microsoft connect test page, however when opening my browser manually and pasting said link, it works...
  6. File Explorer Tagging Editing

File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  7. Edit child profile link missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Edit child profile link missing: I am trying to edit my son's profile from child to adult. The link in Manage Permissions that should read Edit profile is not there. How do I get this link to edit his profile?...
  8. SharePoint link/shortcut in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SharePoint link/shortcut in Windows Explorer: Is there a way to add a SharePoint shortcut to Windows Explorer? (just like OneDrive) Alternatively, I am wondering if I can directly upload files from Outlook to SharePoint storage. submitted by /u/drongo1210 [link] [comments]...
  9. Edit Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edit Windows 10 Explorer: Hello there, When i go to the Windows Explorer there is a category called Desktop and if u press on the ">" there is everything on this pc listed underneath it like "this pc" or "Pictures" and the c drive. I wanted to ask how to delete "desktop" so that there isn't everything...
  10. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Redeem link not working

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Redeem link not working: I'm trying to redeem my free copy of the windows 10 Edition of minecraft from the [account.mojang.com/me] page of the mojang website. When i click on the redeem redirect button it takes me to the microsoft redeem page, however all that comes up is a blank page that does not...