Windows 10: Editing Startscrreen/Setting Startscreen Default

Discus and support Editing Startscrreen/Setting Startscreen Default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm curious to know if there's utility out there that will allow you to edit/set the layout of the Win10 start screen. Also a way to set the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ClaytonKing, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Editing Startscrreen/Setting Startscreen Default

I'm curious to know if there's utility out there that will allow you to edit/set the layout of the Win10 start screen. Also a way to set the default tile size. I'm slowing (very slowly) growing accustomed to the start screen (as opposed to just the start menu), but find the standard, larger blocks take up a lot of room.

Any help/direction is appreciated.

C

:)

ClaytonKing, Nov 5, 2016

2. Lumia - missing features

People tile is on the startscreen by default.. It should be in the app list so you can tap/hold then pin to start .

In my previous comments I did assume you had this as it is there by default.

Paul van der Heu, Nov 5, 2016
  3. No startscreen on Lumia 950

I recently bought a Lumia 950, I set it up, but it seems like it doesn't have a startscreen. I just get the app-list and I can't get to the startscreen in any way (swipe right or by pressing the windows button). Even after a few updates (currently running
    1703) and a few soft resets the startscreen is nowhere in sight. Is there anything I can do to get it? I never encountered this problem with any Lumia I had in my hands.

Pieter Syperda, Nov 5, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Editing Startscrreen/Setting Startscreen Default

Bree, Nov 5, 2016
Thema:

Editing Startscrreen/Setting Startscreen Default

1. Editing Startscrreen/Setting Startscreen Default - Similar Threads - Editing Startscrreen Setting

2. Windows Default background (edited)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Default background (edited): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Beneficial_Type_8421 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pdv688/windows_default_background_edited/
  3. Windows 10 startscreen default folder icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 startscreen default folder icon: I didn't found on forum ( or at least an old topic without clue ) how to change this yellow folder. Some pointed out this path where there are 6 folders png but didn't changed anything after taking ownership , edited and reboot....
  4. Default program for text editing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default program for text editing: Default program for text editing I Always had Uedit as my default text editor, then suddenly after the October updates, it defaults to Notepad EEK, and I cannot change it? Not by set defaults or file properties or open with, it accepts my change but does nothing I am stuck...
  5. Black tiles on startscreen

Black tiles on startscreen: Hi all This drives me crazy but is it possible to get BLACK tiles for UWP apps ? The darkest color I can get is that grey [img] Thanks 72370
  6. Editing the default wallpaper

Editing the default wallpaper: Sorry if this has been posted, but would it be possible for any talented graphics people to change the default wallpaper from blue to red, assuming it's easy to do? 20542
  7. Editing the default WMP library?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing the default WMP library?: I expect this is embarrassingly obvious, but in WMP how do I reduce the content of its Library, which by default appears to include everything on my PC, including backups etc. My illustration is more specific: [img] 1. How do I delete these external HDs from the...
  8. Backing up of StartScreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Backing up of StartScreen: In Windows 8.1 I used to backup my Startscreen settings as follows: Step 1: Open the Run dialog box by hitting Windows key + R. Step 2: Type, "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows" and hit Enter to open Windows Explorer to the location of the Start screen layout files. Step...
  9. RegEdit Editing synaptics setting - resets to default after login

in Windows 10 Support
    RegEdit Editing synaptics setting - resets to default after login: I have searched all over the google and have not found yet why after logging into Windows, Synaptic setting Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP]"MouseSpeedLevel"=dword:0000000c[/quote] Goes back to setting that was set...
  10. Saving StartScreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving StartScreen: I would like to save my startscreen (the one I see if I click theWindows icon button left corner). In Win 8.1 I use the following procedure: Step 1: Open the Run dialog box by hitting Windows key + R. Step 2: Type, "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows" and hit Enter to open...