Windows 10: Editing Subtitle

Discus and support Editing Subtitle in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Have a subtitle (.srt file) which is not synchro with the movie (.mp4 format). I tried two editors, one "SubTitle Editor 3413" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Motim, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Editing Subtitle

Hello,
    Have a subtitle (.srt file) which is not synchro with the movie (.mp4 format).
    I tried two editors, one "SubTitle Editor 3413" and "SubtitleWorkshop_6.0b_131121", in both list of playable files, there is mp4 format also, however got error mesages they both cannot play mp4 files. In settings I browsed to MPC-HC as default player - the error was still there. This mp4 file plays very well in mpc-hc player and in smplayer, So I understand all needed codecks are installed.
    The .srt file opens well in the editors, but cannot play the movie.
    Is there some way to make it go ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 5, 2016

2. Edit the subtitles and make it easier to understand

Original title: subtitle edit

My anime dvd has inconsistent and terrible translated subtitles. I was wondering if there's any way to edit the subtitles and make it easier to understand?

Precurefan21, Jul 5, 2016
  3. dino73n Win User
    Nokia 808 Central european subtitle support.

So as the topic name say,is there any way to add a centarl european subtitle support in to the inbuilt video player.

I tried to edit subtitle file with notepad in windows and set it to cetraleuropean but with no success.

dino73n, Jul 5, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Editing Subtitle

• In subtitle Edit: Options->Settings->Video Player. Browse for mpc-hc.exe then Select MPC-HC Player
    • Make sure the .srt file and .mp4 file are in the same folder, same names.
    • Video->Open video file... then browse for a .mp4 file

NOTE: I use VLC Player with this program and it works. Should also work with MPC-HC but if it's not then try VLC.

Editing Subtitle [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Motim Win User
    Helo Topgundcp,
    Thanks for the answer.
    That's exactly what I did, (pls see screenshot) when loaded the mp4 video, for moment mpc-hc appeared in the taskbar, subtitle editor stalled, player diappeared, when pressed the 'play' button (in the editor) I only heared the talking but no picture.
    I do not like VLC player, in the past had many problems with this player, (posted the problems in the past on this forum or on win 7 forum). However I may try again just for test, vlc again.
    Will post results
    Thanks again

Editing Subtitle [​IMG]

Motim, Jul 6, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    You actually don't have to install VLC. Just download the VLC installer, use 7-zip or Winrar to unzip it to a folder, move this folder anywhere or to a second HD just to use with Subtitle Edit then set the video to point to vlc.exe.
    I am surprised you don't like VLC. IMO, it's much better than MPC-HP, contains more built in codecs.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Motim Win User
    Hello Topgundcp,
    Thanks again for the answer.
    Earlier when trying the editor, I installed vlc player when system was in "TimeFreeze On" mode (to avoid changes to the system). When loadind the video and/or the subtitle, the editor program stalled for about 30 seconds, then I could play the video and see the subtitle.
    I checked in several points along the video and found the subtitle is about 45 seconds later then the speech , which meens, some body says something and after about 45 second the right subtitle text appears. What I think, before starting to edit each line timing, can I select the whole text in the .srt file, and some how "turn the clock" backward some 45 seconds for the whole text just for a try.
    And yes, I downloaded the vlc portable, unzipped into a folder and in the editor browsed to the .exe file as you wrote, but again when loading the video and the subtitle, program stalled for about 30 seconds. So If possible I want to make a try to edit the whole .srt file in the editor as I wrote above.
    Appreciate your answers
    Thanks

Motim, Jul 6, 2016
  8. topgundcp Win User

Editing Subtitle

load time depends on how big is the .mp4 file, how fast is your PC plus how much RAM istalled in PC, it can take a while to load. Some video programs make use of multi-thread if your CPU supports it. If you select to load the sub title .srt only, it should be instant. However, you'd need to load the Video at some point to check for syncing.

In addition. Are you running Win 64 bit ? if so, download the 64 bit version of VLC.

Synchonization->Adjust All Times. If the text is 45 seconds late to appear:

Editing Subtitle [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  9. Motim Win User
    Hello Topgundcp,
    Many many thanks ! With your help and guidance (and with the "subtitle editor"), I managed to finish the subtitle for my movie, even managed to repair text in some places, only have to make small adjustments where 'orange' color (some overlaping). I am still learning how to work with this tool, it will take some time.
    And by the way, my system is win 10, 32 bit
    Thanks again.

Motim, Jul 6, 2016
  10. topgundcp Win User
    This explains why it takes so long to load the Video file. With 32 bit OS, you can only have 4GB of RAM max to share between the OS and Apps, not counting some is reserved for the for Video display.

IMO, Subtitle Editor is all you need and better than Subtitile Workshop.

Please mark the thread "SOLVED" if you are happy with the answer. Thanks

topgundcp, Jul 7, 2016
  11. Motim Win User
    Hello Topgundcp,
    I will gladly mark "Solved", but I do not know where, I rolled down the page to the end and did not find where to mark.

Thanks again

Motim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Editing Subtitle

1. Editing Subtitle - Similar Threads - Editing Subtitle

2. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  3. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  4. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bios cannot be edited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios cannot be edited: Hey there, ever since i switched to windows 11 i cant change anything within bios expect for time. I cant enter admin password nor click on it. EVERYTHING is grayed out in there. What do i do? I just need to turn on secure boot. Tried to do it via power shell and no result...
  6. Bios cannot be edited

Bios cannot be edited: Hey there, ever since i switched to windows 11 i cant change anything within bios expect for time. I cant enter admin password nor click on it. EVERYTHING is grayed out in there. What do i do? I just need to turn on secure boot. Tried to do it via power shell and no result...
  7. Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...

Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...: I am moving from one website platform to another and the new website will not accept spaces or capitalized letters in the image titles.So i have to edit 10,000 image titles. They are all in the same format but they have spaces and 2 capitalized letters.I tried Power Rename...
  8. Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript: Hi,I'm editing a video in Clipchamp and have turned on the auto-captioning feature.Captions have been generated. They are not entirely accurate to what is being said, so I try to edit the text in the Transcript panel on the right-hand toolbar in order to change the text in...
  9. Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript

Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript: Hi,I'm editing a video in Clipchamp and have turned on the auto-captioning feature.Captions have been generated. They are not entirely accurate to what is being said, so I try to edit the text in the Transcript panel on the right-hand toolbar in order to change the text in...
  10. Any way to edit embedded subtitles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to edit embedded subtitles?: Not sure if this is the right sub for this. Redirect me to a sub for this type of stuff if you know better. Basically need to edit embedded subtitles in a video file. For a show I'm watching. Or if I can extract them and edit, that would work too submitted by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. subtitles editor windows phone