Windows 10: EFI System Partition too small for Bitlocker

Discus and support EFI System Partition too small for Bitlocker in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I'm just picking up a comment by @NavyLCDR here - Windows 10 System Partition Requirement UEFI - NTFS or FAT32 - Windows 10 Forums You need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cmac10, May 29, 2018.

1. cmac10 Win User

EFI System Partition too small for Bitlocker

Hi.

I'm just picking up a comment by @NavyLCDR here - Windows 10 System Partition Requirement UEFI - NTFS or FAT32 - Windows 10 Forums

I have this exact issue where by my EFI System partition is 260mb and I need it to be 350mb for Bitlocker to work and I have a 16mb Partition (Assume it's MBR) in between the EFI and C:\windows partition where I will need to take some of the space from.

EFI System Partition too small for Bitlocker [​IMG]

Can someone or @NavyLCDR expand on this with maybe some more instructions please? I am using MinitTool but can use any other tool

Many thanks

:)

cmac10, May 29, 2018
  2. graye Win User

EFI System Partition

So, an EFI system partition is perfectly normal on a Windows 10 disk (I assumed you've done an internet search and discovered that this partition is for booting your system).

Are you trying to backup the contents of this partition?.... if so, what software are you using?

graye, May 29, 2018
  3. The Efi system partition deleting during clean install....

Hello,

I have the Dell inspiron 15 5558 and i wanted to know that mine got a partition called the "EFI system partition" which is of 100mb. So, when i will go to clean install of windows 10 to the step to delete all my partitions, will that system reserved partition
    be recreated during install? Or i have to click on new, and then that system reserved partition gets created(which will be of 500mb for windows10 according to my research)?

Milind Goel, May 29, 2018
Thema:

EFI System Partition too small for Bitlocker

1. EFI System Partition too small for Bitlocker - Similar Threads - EFI System Partition

2. Restoring efi SYSTEM partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring efi SYSTEM partition: Currently if I restore only one partition at a time with Acronis the efi SYSTEM partition is missing some data, side note restoring whole drive works however.But my question is:If I used bcdedit /export c:\bcd.bak first and latter on a blank formatted 260MB formatted fat32...
  3. System Reserved Partition too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Partition too small: I have a windows 10 build 1909 ... two years ago I had trouble updating to 1909 due to System Reserve Partition too small. At the time I worked with a program and probably have made a mess. 1909 has reached end of support and once again I have the same issue ... I want to...
  4. System Reserved Partition too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserved Partition too small: I have a windows 10 build 1909 ... two years ago I had trouble updating to 1909 due to System Reserve Partition too small. At the time I worked with a program and probably have made a mess. 1909 has reached end of support and once again I have the same issue ... I want to...
  5. System Reserved Partition too small

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. System, EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    System, EFI System Partition: Two questions please -1] I had installed UBUNTU on my desktop PC, operating with Windows 10 PRO version 21H1; OS Build 19043.1202, and later removed the UBUNTU software. UBUNTU was installed on a separate SSD i.e., not on the SSD where the Windows OS is installed.The UBUNTU...
  7. Partition is too small

Partition is too small: I reset my old hp laptop and Windows didn't reinstall so I went to install it manually with a usb and every time I try installing it I get to this screen: And no matter what I do I can't get past itHere is a picture of the error message if that helps:...
  8. EFI System Partition in error

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI System Partition in error: I am running 21376.1 Looking around in Manage Disks and Volumes I found the EFI partition says full repair needed. Is this a problem? System runs fine and boots ok. If it should be fixed how do I fix it. ieEFI Partition.pdf 178947
  9. EFI System Partition Curiousity

EFI System Partition Curiousity: I'm preparing to upgrade a laptop from HDD to SSD. It had a second Recovery Partition in the beginning of the disk, which we know can be deleted from v2004 on. Because I plan to transfer everything by Disk Image restore I thought I would clean up the disk beforehand and...
  10. Partition is too small

Partition is too small: I am installing Windows 10 on a laptop. Everything was going fine until I tried installing on "Drive 0 Unallocated Space". It gives me the "Windows cannot be installed on this drive. When I click details it reads, "This partition is too small. Make the size of this partition...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker partition usb small

2. bitlocker usb drive too small

3. efi system partition small cluster

4. efi systempartition bitlocker,
  5. default efi partition too small,
  6. windows 10 efi partition too small