Windows 10: Eject device icon wrong for anyone else?

Discus and support Eject device icon wrong for anyone else? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been noticing lately that everyone but me has that new generation flat style icon for the eject device handler. Mine looks the same as in 7 (at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marnes, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Marnes Win User

Eject device icon wrong for anyone else?

I've been noticing lately that everyone but me has that new generation flat style icon for the eject device handler. Mine looks the same as in 7 (at the bottom):

Eject device icon wrong for anyone else? [​IMG]

Does anyone have thoughts about this?

:)

Marnes, Feb 7, 2016
  2. OzFlipper Win User

'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' tray icon does not inform on successful ejection

Thanks, but that's not my problem.

As I said, I have the icon in the taskbar. But when I use it to eject something, I never get a response saying the device can be removed safely and the icon stays there forever.

If I do the eject from Explorer, then I get the "safe to remove" message and the Safely Remove Hardware icon goes away.,

Unfortunately I can only eject flash drives from Explorer, not removeable hard drives.

OzFlipper, Feb 7, 2016
  3. TokLee Win User
    Windows 10 Update 511 & Safely Remove Icon Missing"

I cannot find "safely eject" icon on my desktop. Can anyone help me how to install the icon or how to remove flash drive safely from the computer

TokLee, Feb 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Cannot even tell what you are talking about, with all of that junk in that rectangle. How many programs are you running, that are showing up in the Task area? Third party software from one of those programs is why your icon changed.

bro67, Feb 7, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 7, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Marnes Win User
    The "safely remove device" icon... At the bottom...

This:

as opposed to what it's apparently supposed to be:

And no, it's not from any of those other programs, I don't have any junk or interfering stuff installed.

@Brink
    Pro N build 10240
    Will try the reset...
    Edit: no dice :/

@Winuser
    Well tbh I'd prefer to change it to what it's supposed to be. It's an anomaly, and being a programmer, I don't like anomalies. They tend to be symptoms of other problems, of which I have plenty with w10. I'm actually hoping this is caused by some other issue that I've always thought was just w10 being the junk that it is but will turn out to be a fixable problem, with this wrong icon being one of the symptoms.

Marnes, Feb 7, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 7, 2016
  9. Marnes Win User
    Wait, but... I regularly check for updates, and windows always says there are none, that what I have atm is all the latest...
    Nice job microsoft -_- awesome self-updating OS this is

Thanks for the pointer Brink, guess I have some update debugging to do

Marnes, Feb 7, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    The icon changed with thelast rollout. Also the fix for the context menus no longer works when you try placing the .bat in Start. May have to make that one as a Startup script.

bro67, Feb 7, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    I am thinking that the change from the old to the new happened mid January. I just noticed it last week, while doing a SD card for the Raspberry Pi I got last week.

As for the other stuff, it can cause system issues, even slow it down with all of that running at once. You may want to trim down what items you do not use all of the time.

Just a little concerned, because having to deal with too many systems that the issue why it ran slow, was because of too many background processes wanting Internet and system.

bro67, Feb 7, 2016
  12. Marnes Win User
    No really, please stop bringing this up. I know what programs I run, they all have use to me all the time, and most of them are pretty lightweight anyway, like superf4 or findandrunrobot. They're not the cause of any issues either. I've gone over it all enough to know they're all "safe". I also just seem to have many because I opt into the icons whenever I can and I disable the pop-out tray so I have a constant overview of what's running.

I'm looking into a forced update now, build 10560 or something... This seems to be a common issue, a november update some people miss once and never get again.

Marnes, Feb 7, 2016
  13. Marnes Win User

Marnes, Feb 7, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news Marnes. *Party

Brink, Feb 8, 2016
  15. Winuser Win User
    Glad to hear you solved your problem. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Eject device icon wrong for anyone else? - Similar Threads - Eject device icon

2. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  3. Anyone else had this before?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Anyone else had this before?: so yesterday i accidentally clicked to reset my windows password. It sort of glitched out and took me back to my desktop, but started behaving weirdly when i sign out, shutdown or restart. It displays 'just a moment', before it then does a completely normal procedure of...
  4. Anyone else had this before?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else had this before?: so yesterday i accidentally clicked to reset my windows password. It sort of glitched out and took me back to my desktop, but started behaving weirdly when i sign out, shutdown or restart. It displays 'just a moment', before it then does a completely normal procedure of...
  5. Anyone else receiving these errors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else receiving these errors?: [ATTACH] Ever since early August, my system's been freezing on me, and it's been getting worse as of late. When I check the reliability monitor, this is the usual message I get under critical events: an error with Desktop Windows Manager and Windows 10 itself, causing the...
  6. Anyone else get this spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anyone else get this spam?: Refund and Cancel the Renewal Dear Customer, We Thank You on the completion of your 1 year Windows Defender protection plan with 24/7 technical support. We have charged you $299 for the 12 months of subscription from your account. We tried to contact you on your registered...
  7. is anyone else got this email

in Windows 10 Support
    is anyone else got this email: Dear Microsoft customer, You are receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. The Microsoft Services Agreement is an agreement between you and Microsoft (or one of its...
  8. Is this happening to anyone else?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is this happening to anyone else?: Here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Agsf-t-6PRlplx57lMwb_2E4qJG- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-happening-to-anyone-else/efa3e6ac-10d4-4a04-ba7d-62fece1b3add
  9. Anyone else missing there windows tray icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else missing there windows tray icons?: [ATTACH] Lost my icons today and can't figure out why ... or how to even get them back. Also I noticed that when I go to "Turn System Icons on of off they are grey out and I can't change them with the exception of the clock. Anyone have any insight on how to fix these...
  10. Anyone else stuck at "Working on it"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyone else stuck at "Working on it"?: I'm upgrading one of my windows 7 machines today. I gave it a fresh install of Windows 7.1 a week or so back in preps, and the only thing I added to that installation was to insure that all updates were installed after it. Meaning, I ran windows update and installed them...