Windows 10: eject gpu after new driver update fix

Discus and support eject gpu after new driver update fix in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Do you suddenly have the ability to eject your gpu after the latest nvidia update? *Biggrin I know its a minor thing but minor things annoy me . . .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Archie123, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Archie123 Win User

eject gpu after new driver update fix

Do you suddenly have the ability to eject your gpu after the latest nvidia update? *Biggrin

I know its a minor thing but minor things annoy me . . . *Wink

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm ... set SurpriseRemovalSupport to 0

and reboot *Smile

:)

Archie123, Jan 29, 2016
  2. Lead3 Win User

(safey to remove hardware and eject media) for my Nividia GTX 960?!

Apparently this is a bug in the latest Nvidia driver and it was reported as a known issue when Nvidia released it.

See below.

You could install the previous driver or just don't select remove until Nvidia fixes it.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-1-27-16-/

"Issues and Updates:

[*]GPU appears in the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" - To be fixed in next driver
    [*]NVIDIA Control Panel crashes on configuring Surround on clean install of driver"

Lead3, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Graphics Card Slow

I recently installed a new gpu i install all the driver and works great but after 30mins performance drops. the only way to fix this is to reinstall windows which is a pain. i want a permanent fix to this i have tried customer service but after them doing
    loads of stuff to my pc it still runs slow. please help me fix this. i think when i install a driver update maybe a setting is getting overidden and making the gpu slow after 30mins but this might not be the case. please help!

CavingGaming, Jan 29, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Fix for that now, later on will be an official release of the driver as official one is still one you used 361.75, can use this to get rid of that Eject NVIDIA ,has to do with an added feature for a Beta Thunderbolt 3
    Error | NVIDIA

jds63, Feb 1, 2016
  5. Archie123 Win User
    i posted a fix for it ubove *Wink

Archie123, Feb 2, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    O.k. i posted one from NVIDIA. Whichever works best for you.

jds63, Feb 2, 2016
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    eLPuSHeR, Feb 7, 2016
  8. rab986 Win User

The link for the second fix is dead and I don't have SurpriseRemovalSupport at that Registry address. Any other tips would be helpful, I just started having this problem and as soon as the message pops up I have to do a hard restart due to the laptop locking up.

rab986, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. eject gpu after new driver update fix - Similar Threads - eject gpu driver

2. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  3. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  4. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. screen is grey after driver update, not sure if motherbord, gpu or driver or how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen is grey after driver update, not sure if motherbord, gpu or driver or how to fix it.: it started with some weird bluescreens at random moments in november, after a while i noticed that the pc would bluescreen whenever i opened the file explorer of all things, as this was right before my exams got really stressed, so i tried repairing windows, doing integrity...
  6. screen is grey after driver update, not sure if motherbord, gpu or driver or how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen is grey after driver update, not sure if motherbord, gpu or driver or how to fix it.: it started with some weird bluescreens at random moments in november, after a while i noticed that the pc would bluescreen whenever i opened the file explorer of all things, as this was right before my exams got really stressed, so i tried repairing windows, doing integrity...
  7. screen is grey after driver update, not sure if motherbord, gpu or driver or how to fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. New GPU can’t instal drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New GPU can’t instal drivers: So my last gpu died. Bought a new maxsun amd rx550 and installed. Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the gpu. I can’t instal amd software as it gives me the error 184 OS isn’t supported. I reinstalled W10, same issues. I wiped the ssd with parted magic, reinstalled W10, same...
  9. GPU drivers missing after Windows Updates

GPU drivers missing after Windows Updates: After this weeks updates, Display adapters in not even showing in my device manager. GPU drivers are kaput. I have talked to several others with this same problem. What is being done to fix this? ***Original title: After this weeks updates, Display adapters in not even...
  10. after updating having different GPU driver

after updating having different GPU driver: I have hp 15-bs123ne which has radeon 520 GPU (as noted in hp official site) after installing the original driver from hp and having AMD software installed as well and it showed that i have radeon 520 as it should do (pic 1) [ATTACH] one time i checked the windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvlddmkm SurpriseRemovalSupport