Windows 10: Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Discus and support Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I made the Windows 10 (Home) update to my Samsung Series 9 laptop (under 2yo) having uninstalled Avast! and making sure everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tigerman82, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Today I made the Windows 10 (Home) update to my Samsung Series 9 laptop (under 2yo) having uninstalled Avast! and making sure everything was up-to-date. I had to force the update as I noticed the 80240020 error present from Windows Update. Anyway, after the update the touchpad did not function correctly. At first it didn't work at all (luckily I had a wireless Logitech mouse) and then it was only able to move the cursor (clicks, scrolls and swipes did not work). I did a little research and found out that the culprit is the Elan touchpad driver 11.7.33.1 which both Windows Update and Samsung Update suggest as the driver I should use. I could not repair the software nor could I make find a better driver. I finally rolled-back to previous touchpad driver (some old MS driver) and it restored basic functionality (I can move the cursor and use left and right clicks). When I go to Samsung Update, it suggests I should install the incompatible driver. When I go to Windows Update, it forces the installation of the incompatible driver.

As I'm sure some of you have Samsung laptops or laptops that use the same touchpad drivers, I would be interested in hearing how compatible Windows 10 has been concerning your touchpads.

:)

Tigerman82, Aug 20, 2015

2. ELAN Smart Pad (V3.3) driver for Windows 10

Hello Community!

I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop (Samsung R540-JA01AE) and almost everything is working fine except my touchpad. The touchpad isn't working smoothly. There's no problem moving the cursor but sometimes I can't click
    from touchpad (by tapping on the touchpad surface). After looking at the device manager I found that the driver installed for the touchpad was a general "PS/2 Port Input Device". Then, I installed ELAN Touchpad driver from Samsung website. Now the click by
    tapping is fine but multiple gestures like three finger swipe, vertical scrolling are not working. The driver I installed is actually for windows 7 as it was the only latest driver version available there. Every features are "ENABLED" on ELAN settings.

Where can I get the latest driver for ELAN smart pad? Or, have I just done something wrong?

Please help!

Thanks!

SarojKhadka, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Accidentally Deleted Touchpad Driver on Windows 10

I'm on a Samsung Laptop with an Elan Touchpad, I'm running Windows 10 64-bit Professional. A couple days ago the touchpad suddenly stopped working, so I looked up solutions online to fix it... I tried everything I found from Fn+F5 to what made this problem
    and nothing worked:

One of the suggestions was to uninstall the touchpad driver in the Driver Manager, restart the computer, and then click the "Scan for Hardware Changes" to reinstall the driver... Except that scanning for hardware changes is doing nothing. I tried downloading
    and installing a touchpad driver for Elan manually, but it said that it wasn't useable on this computer... How can I get the touchpad to work again?

JoshMcMorran, Aug 20, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Hi,
    Start with a backup of your system as a precaution and try this, it may help but I haven't tried it as I don't have a Samsung laptop.
    https://korynunn.wordpress.com/2013/...ouchpad-fixes/
    EDIT:
    If you don't want to do the registry editing, try different version of Win8/8.1 drivers and see whether any of them work, even if they are for different make of laptops.

brummyfan, Aug 20, 2015
  5. apick1 Win User
    Hello
    I've had a similar issue when upgrading a Samsung R540 to windows 10.
    The pad worked but the control pad showed nothing to change the settings etc.
    After trying many versions of the Elan driver software I can to the conclusion there isn't one for windows 10.
    I installed an old driver version v5.1 which again showed no settings in control panel.
    I then used Regedit to select the required settings for the touch pad.

I've attached a picture to show the registry path.
    Double click the Dword to alter the setting. Key settings are 0 is off 1 is on.
    On the enclosed I turned the touch pad touch to click off by setting the Tap Enable to 0. (I use the buttons below the pad to click).

The rest is mainly trial and error until you get what you need.

Hopefully this may be of use.

apick1, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Thank you for all of your suggestions. However, I was able to solve this issue. I first uninstalled the Elan driver via Programs and features. I then let Windows Update download and install the same driver. After reboot, I received an error message from Windows Update saying that the driver installation was not successful. However, the touchpad started working perfectly and Windows Update could not find anything to update.

Tigerman82, Aug 21, 2015
  7. Indiana Win User
    Hello apick1,

thank you for this good advice. I also updated a Samsung r540 to Windows 10.
    Do you remeber, which version this exactly was (and where I can get it)? I couldn't find v5.1 or any other version that old of Elan Touchpad Drivers in Google.

Best wishes

Indiana, Sep 27, 2017
  8. Indiana Win User

Indiana, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop) - Similar Threads - Elan touchpad driver

2. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  3. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  4. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  5. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  6. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  8. ELAN Touchpad driver problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ELAN Touchpad driver problem: Hi all! ASUS ROG G751JT - win10 At first I thought is malware or a hardware problem... I need to stop ELAN Touchpad driver getting installed after every restart. I don't want to turn off the updates in Windows... With the driver installed the touchpad works but is only...
  9. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64
  10. elan touchpad driver update

elan touchpad driver update: Been reading here and using win 10 from the outset. On latest build, updated this morning. This Elan touchpad driver keeps coming in through windows update and it just screws up my touchpad more than anything. When it loads up I can no longer use right or left click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad 11.7.0.426

2. download elan touch driver 11.7.28.1

3. to update my elan touchpads can I use the elan 880 model