Windows 10: ELAN touchpad driver scrolling stops after 5 sec inactivity

Discus and support ELAN touchpad driver scrolling stops after 5 sec inactivity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a weird one. I just got a second hand laptop - Acer V3-771G with an Elan touchpad and I put a new SSHD hard drive in it and installed Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dhuhtala, Feb 20, 2016.

1. dhuhtala Win User

ELAN touchpad driver scrolling stops after 5 sec inactivity

This is a weird one. I just got a second hand laptop - Acer V3-771G with an Elan touchpad and I put a new SSHD hard drive in it and installed Windows 10 fresh.

I see lots of issues with ELAN touchpads but it seems as though Microsoft has produce one that installs and fixes most scrolling issues.

However, I have a strange one. When I enable vertical scrolling in the driver, it works as long as the mouse is active - and for up to 5 seconds after. But when I stop using the touchpad and go to scroll again after 5 seconds, it doesn't work anymore! It's like it disables it after inactivity - but only 5 seconds?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, tried various versions - but of course Acer doesn't support Windows 10 on this older model laptop (circa 2012) so there are no specific drivers for it on their site. Everything works except for this scrolling after 5 seconds - which I can recreate every single time.

I tend to look at websites and want to read something and then scroll down - but I can't...it's driving me crazy!

Anybody have a problem like this?

Thanks.

:)

dhuhtala, Feb 20, 2016
  2. RazaJamal Win User

Lost dual finger functionality

After the second most recent update for windows 10, all dual finger features for my touchpad have stopped working. I can't scroll or zoom with two fingers anymore. I checked the drivers for the touchpad and it doesn't show up under device manager and it
    shows that there is no elan drivers installed. How can I fix this?

RazaJamal, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Scroll (touchpad scroll) not working after installing Windows 10

After installing Windows 10, my laptop's touchpad scroll got diabled, the software for my touchpad is handled by Elan (Elan smart pad) for Acer.

제이슨Francisco, Feb 20, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

you might aswell give it a go to reinstall driver as a "ps/2 mouse", wouldnt hurt to try it.

heard that theres loads of probs with ELAN and win8/8.1/10

batlhilz, Feb 20, 2016
  5. dhuhtala Win User
    Yes, I tried that...there is no scrolling functionality whatsoever with that driver. Maybe Acer made a bad call using Elan touch pads!

dhuhtala, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ELAN touchpad driver scrolling stops after 5 sec inactivity - Similar Threads - ELAN touchpad driver

2. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  3. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  4. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  6. ELAN Touchpad driver problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ELAN Touchpad driver problem: Hi all! ASUS ROG G751JT - win10 At first I thought is malware or a hardware problem... I need to stop ELAN Touchpad driver getting installed after every restart. I don't want to turn off the updates in Windows... With the driver installed the touchpad works but is only...
  7. ELAN Touchpad Scroll Inversion

ELAN Touchpad Scroll Inversion: Initializing a brand-new HP computer. Elan touchpad scroll inversion not showing from the settings menu. I have already tried: -- updating the Elan touchpad driver -- regedit options for SC_Reverse_Enable and SC_Reverse_ShowItem they were already set to 1 -- digging...
  8. Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad: When my start screen isn’t open or a USB mouse isn’t plugged in, I cannot use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad. In the mouse setting I found that inactive windows option is on. I tried to update drivers with no avail. It is HPX360 laptop, a newly bought machine...
  9. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64
  10. elan touchpad driver update

elan touchpad driver update: Been reading here and using win 10 from the outset. On latest build, updated this morning. This Elan touchpad driver keeps coming in through windows update and it just screws up my touchpad more than anything. When it loads up I can no longer use right or left click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer trackpad stops working after inactivity