Windows 10: Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update

Discus and support Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Aspire ES1-711-P14W with Elan touchpad. Worked before the update now it does not function at all and is not seen by the OS. Windows 10 Pro Version 1607... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AvidSurvivalist, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update

Aspire ES1-711-P14W with Elan touchpad. Worked before the update now it does not function at all and is not seen by the OS. Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.10, Installed all drivers from Acer and issue remains:

• Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.7
    • IO Drivers Intel Serial IO Driver 604.10135.1001.53001
    • MBI Intel Sideband Fabric Device Driver 1.70.305.16316
    • TXE Intel Intel TXE Driver 1.1.0.1064
    • TouchPad ELANTECH Touchpad Driver 13.6.3.1

The only thing that shows up in the device manager is my mouse I have plugged in

:)

AvidSurvivalist, Aug 6, 2016

2. Elantech touchpad not working after Anniversary update.

Updated to Anniversary edition. Elantech touchpad no longer works and has disappeared from device manager.

Jena Nichols, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Elantech touchpad not working after Anniversary update.

Hi Jena,

The issue could be due to an update which resulted on requiring an update on the device driver as well. To resolve your issue, we suggest updating the device driver. Please refer to this support article:
    Update drivers in Windows 10. The said article contains a walkthrough on how to properly update the device
    driver on your Windows 10.

If you have other queries, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Arthur Rui, Aug 6, 2016
  4. qina Win User

Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update

i got same problem. after the 1607 update the touchpad has dieded. Also was getting constant crashing but i resolved that now.!

qina, Aug 7, 2016
  5. Acer tried to tell me it was because I had Windows 10 Pro, which they told me was not a supported upgrade path... That's what installed when I updated to 10 from 8.1, I have no idea how I got the Pro version.

AvidSurvivalist, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update

1. Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Elantech touchpad recognized

2. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing: Dear Microsoft team and any helpful people out there,I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with an Elantech mousepad. It suddenly became disabled a few weeks ago, so I searched how to fix it and found that it might be a problem with the driver. I checked on the device manager and...
  3. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing: Dear Microsoft team and any helpful people out there,I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with an Elantech mousepad. It suddenly became disabled a few weeks ago, so I searched how to fix it and found that it might be a problem with the driver. I checked on the device manager and...
  4. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to disable the Elantech Touchpad mouse?

How to disable the Elantech Touchpad mouse?: I have followed the three published suggestions for disabling the ELAN touchpad disable the device, update the driver, change the Registry, but nothing works. I have also tried disabling the ELAN Service, and that, too, does not work. I use a USB mouse, not the laptop...
  6. Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing

Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing: As said in the title the touchpad works perfectly fine, until you press a key on the keyboard, and then it freezes for 2 seconds. I have tried: installing the newest driver for the touchpad setting palmtracking to minimum, and sensitivity to max (both in in windows settings,...
  7. Anniversary Update and touchpad issues

Anniversary Update and touchpad issues: Soon after the windows 10 anniversary update was available I installed it on a Dell D 630. Right away I had issues with the touchpad. Text would be highlighted that I did not select by merely passing the mouse pointer over it. Pages would change without my commands. So I...
  8. Missing gesture on Elantech touchpad.

Missing gesture on Elantech touchpad.: Hello! A while ago, i had installed win10 on my laptop and was satisfied enough with it. It had some issues with sound latency and touchpad stopped working after about a month without reboot, but in general it worked fine for me. Also touchpad had some cool gestures, such as...
  9. Elantech touchpad not recognised by Windows 10

Elantech touchpad not recognised by Windows 10: I am having trouble on an Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W This is what I have done so far: Installed newest Elan drivers from Acer. Installed all drivers for unknown devices none of which being my touchpad. I tried to enable my touchpad in mouse settings only to find nothing...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...