Windows 10: Elevated firefox webcam overlay

Discus and support Elevated firefox webcam overlay in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so in ten (for some unholy reason) When anything in firefox uses the webcam there's a horrible and pointless overlay of the firefox logo next to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sketch, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Sketch Win User

Elevated firefox webcam overlay

so in ten (for some unholy reason) When anything in firefox uses the webcam there's a horrible and pointless overlay of the firefox logo next to a generic camera picture surrounded by orange.

Any way to stop this or delete the associated overlays to tell 10 to never display this useless junk?
    (slowly regretting 10 due to all the useless junk they added and all the customization that now requires regedits)

:)

Sketch, Sep 1, 2015
  2. Raven2099 Win User

Some websites sing me as mobile

no error codes,

Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge all the same issue

no it;s only hapening with websites that try to access my webcam

Raven2099, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Ruprect Win User
    Error: 0xA00F4271(0xC00D3EA2), while trying to access the WebCam on Windows 10

Hi @Eeshwar Kumar,

I have the same issue, my Camera is a Logitech C270 - and I have tried the following:

• Re-Installing my Windows 10 (not an upgrade, but fresh installation)
    • Using the Windows detected driver (Logitech HD Webcam C270)
    • Using the Windows Generic driver (USB Webcam)
    • Using the Logitech driver
    • Performing a clean boot
    I have made the following video as well:

Notice, the video is sped up, but I slow down at essential points in video, and overlay what is happening. Please spend time viewing it, because its an annoying problem. My webcam worked fine back in May when I recorded another video.

I can replicate the problem on my laptop computer as well.

Regards,

Michael

Ruprect, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Elevated firefox webcam overlay

1. Elevated firefox webcam overlay - Similar Threads - Elevated firefox webcam

2. Elevation permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elevation permissions: Hi,I have windows 11I'm looking for some help. I have a writing program on my laptop which I use regularly. I went to access one of the files and it kept crashing which led me to troubleshoot the program.Somehow, don't ask me how the elevation permissions for this one program...
  3. UAC will not elevate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC will not elevate: This issue is happening on all Windows 10 systems 1909 and 20H2. I have tried DISM repairs, new profiles, a fresh image, a fresh image with no group policy. It will work for about an hour after each reboot, but then it starts to fail again.Users operate under standard domain...
  4. UAC will not elevate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UAC will not elevate: This issue is happening on all Windows 10 systems 1909 and 20H2. I have tried DISM repairs, new profiles, a fresh image, a fresh image with no group policy. It will work for about an hour after each reboot, but then it starts to fail again.Users operate under standard domain...
  5. Elevated Privilege

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated Privilege: All-- It there a way to permanenly mark an executable (EXE, DLL, BAT, etc) to always run witth elevated privileges? My nightly file cleanup BAT launches BCDEdit (to reboot in Safe Mode) which requires elevated status. Thanks in advance for any help/direction, Randy Reist,...
  6. Elevated Privilege

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Elevated Privilege: All-- It there a way to permanenly mark an executable (EXE, DLL, BAT, etc) to always run witth elevated privileges? My nightly file cleanup BAT launches BCDEdit (to reboot in Safe Mode) which requires elevated status. Thanks in advance for any help/direction, Randy Reist,...
  7. Elevator button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Elevator button: The side elevator button hides until I put the cursor on it. How do I make it display all the time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elevator-button/7e22b145-ed9e-440d-84a3-4275ffe80f63
  8. Elevated permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Elevated permissions: I am having ongoing problems with updates or a re-install, so I was checking some options to figure out how to resolve. One advice tip was to go in through Command Prompt and type in DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. When I tried this I got a message that it...
  9. overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    overlay: its actually two questions I just bought a new comp it cam with win 1o don't like it can I install 8 or 7 over it 2. I thought micro came out with a fix just to change windows 10 desk top back to the old style <Moved from Windows Insider forum>...
  10. The requested elevation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The requested elevation requires elevation: I have seen this question asked before and attempted a few solutions. Fixing computer problems is not my forte and I would really like an easy to followed solution. I have downloaded the program Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2. It has converted most of my files to OpenOffice.org XML...