Windows 10: Eliminate use of password

Discus and support Eliminate use of password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got Win installed with one minor problem. I don't like to use the password when I start Windows. So I did what is generally done. I got the Run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Frank1 Win User

Eliminate use of password

I've got Win installed with one minor problem. I don't like to use the password when I start Windows. So I did what is generally done. I got the Run box and typed in netplwiz which has always worked or me. Now it works when it makes up its mind to. Sometimes it't fine while other times I need to enter the pass word. Has anyone else run into this?

:)

Frank1, Nov 17, 2014
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Eliminate passwords

The fact is, every time a computer connects to the internet it leaves the private home. Attackers today are as effective from thousands of miles away as if they were sitting right next to us. And since our OP is against passwords, their only user account
    must have Administrator permissions. As soon as that computer is hacked, not only does the attacker have unfettered access to the system, they can also use the computer to attack other systems. And all this will happen without the OP's knowledge.

Of course, password protection is no guarantee against attack. But it's one of the many layers that goes into hardening a computer against attack. And that's the idea ... put up as many roadblocks as you can in the hope of persuading an attacker to go away.

I personally would not counsel someone to remove password protection from their computer just as I would not counsel them to remove it from their network or their router or to prevent updates or to disable their malware protection. If it was only their own
    computer being put at risk, then as they say in America: "It's a free country." But it's not only the OP's computer that's at risk; it's every computer that the OP's computer can harm. That could include websites that I might need for my livelihood or that
    might infect my mother's computer.

BulldogXX, Nov 17, 2014
  3. Eliminate passwords

Sure.

If you only have one account, you won't even have to click on anything.

Setup a local account (only account on the machine in the end if you do not want to select which user to logon with) and set a blank password for it and use that account.

Shenan Stanley, Nov 17, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

Frank. Have not seen or hear of that before. It has been thought to have caused double images on the start page. It has always worked at start for me. It does like to make you sign in after waking up from sleep mode if you have not told it not to do that. Good luck to you

Charlie, Nov 17, 2014
  5. Frank1 Win User
    Charlie--After reading what you said, a bell rang in my head. I though to myself that maybe when it's waking up from sleep mode is when I have to put in the password. I tried it and you were right. I owe you a cup of coffee. Thanks.

Frank1, Nov 17, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    If you don't want to type passwords when waking up your PC, go to PC Settings>>> User and Accounts >>> Sign-in Options and click "Change" on the bottom option (Password Policy) and confirm.

badrobot, Nov 17, 2014
  7. usasma Win User
    Just FYI - it used to work in powercfg.cpl - but it appears that that's one of the unfinished features in Win10
    Opening powercfg.cpl, then choosing "Choose what the power buttons do" in the left sidebar gets you to a screen that lets you turn on password protection - but that option isn't available.

usasma, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Eliminate use of password - Similar Threads - Eliminate password

2. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  3. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  4. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I am the administrator for my computer but I forgot my password. I wish to eliminate the...

I am the administrator for my computer but I forgot my password. I wish to eliminate the...: I forgot my administrator password. I would like to eliminate the administrator role and not have a password. How do I accomplish this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-the-administrator-for-my-computer-but-i/c4379fa6-b4a7-495e-bcef-286c1e1ccf5a
  6. How to eliminate entering my password when I open my PC

How to eliminate entering my password when I open my PC: Evert time I boot up my laptop, itasks me for my password. How can I eliminate this demand? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-eliminate-entering-my-password-when-i-open/c366a060-f275-48c9-b5dc-e80e87aa02cb
  7. eliminate password in ver. 2004

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    eliminate password in ver. 2004: NETPLWIZ.EXE doesn't work in ver. 2004 to eliminate password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eliminate-password-in-ver-2004/afd6bc95-ec0a-4586-a7af-31026c29807d
  8. eliminate the need of a password when my laptop starts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    eliminate the need of a password when my laptop starts: I am trying to figure out how to eliminate the need of a password when starting up my laptop. I have found many answers in the forum on how to do this and have tried everything. I have unclicked the "require sign-in" to never under accounts/sign in options. I have typed in...
  9. How do I recover admin password and how do eliminate my Windows password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I recover admin password and how do eliminate my Windows password?: Split from this thread. all I want is to recover admin. p.w. wanted to put new antiverius program. cant do it it because it keeps asking for admin. p.w. plus I am the only one that uses computer. I do not want to have a sign in p.w. or code. I just want to click and I am...
  10. How can I eliminate the need to sign in with a password everytime i start windows10?

How can I eliminate the need to sign in with a password everytime i start windows10?: How can I eliminate the need to sign in with a password everytime i start windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-eliminate-the-need-to-sign-in-with-a/4f505b7c-78e1-41b1-bde7-bedd967703e4