Windows 10: emachines has an unknown pci device?

Discus and support emachines has an unknown pci device? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It was also unknown in 8.1 here are some pics [img] I tried looking up this device, but found nothing to help me. [img] 17928 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Aug 19, 2015.

1. emachines has an unknown pci device?

It was also unknown in 8.1

here are some pics

emachines has an unknown pci device? [​IMG]

I tried looking up this device, but found nothing to help me.

emachines has an unknown pci device? [​IMG]

:)

sdowney717, Aug 19, 2015

2. pci encryption/decryption controller missing Windows 10 pro x64

In Device Manager it shows,

Unknown device-pci encryption/decryption controller

Unknown device-pci driver

puzzled

HappyMinion, Aug 19, 2015
  3. usb device error message

I ran the troubleshooter as requested and the report is as follows:

PCI Serial Port doesn't have a driver

Not fixed

There is no driver installed for PCI Serial Port.

Device information

Name:
    PCI Serial Port

ID:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&SUBSYS_1497103C&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B3

Error code:

Apply solution for driver problem

Completed

Follow the instructions in the solution to address the driver problem.

Install a driver for this device

Completed

The driver for PCI Serial Port is not installed. Install the latest driver for the device.

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly

Detected

Windows has detected a problem with Unknown

I'm not sure what I can do to solve these issues, so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank YOU!

KyleSmith-2017, Aug 19, 2015
  4. robgr Win User

emachines has an unknown pci device?

This is related to Advanced Configuration & Power Interface (fans etc), try updating your MOBO drivers

robgr, Aug 19, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    I forget what that is called, but the driver comes with an Intel Chipset. It's available on the Intel Site, but I totally forget what it was called. Crap! It has been a long time since I have seen this. I don't recall if the system can survive without it. Most Likely it's an XP or Vista driver you need. I can't read that screenshots very well.

Ah, it's an "SM Bus Controller" - I also have several eMachines systems and they all use these. Look for the driver on the Intel site. It's a common driver, I just don't have it downloaded right now else I'd shove it up dropbox.

XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  6. sdowney717, Aug 19, 2015
  7. XweAponX Win User
    Look up "SM Bus driver for T3616" - I had to download several before I found one that worked. You may have to use an XP driver. Also, they have several drivers for that. It will be on your original eMachines driver disk, or it may have been ON the original hard drive, in a folder. I always save any driver setup files I find on my machines, I keep em stored on a 2 TB external drive.

XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  9. It is not intel, so is the southbridge an AMD device? or Nvidia?

I did find this, but I dont know if it will work
    Chipset

What do you think?

OK, I think it is for an IR port. I found this list for T3616.
    I am unwilling, I think to install the driver installer as I don't really trust it.
    Gateway T3616 Drivers Download

Gateway and Emachines are same motherboard which is this one here
    MCP61PM2MA-RS2H 4006200R | Gateway Emachines 4006200R Motherboard

Gateway / Emachines T3616 GT5476E Foxconn MCP61PM2MA-RS2H Motherboard.
    search on that reveals this driver list here.
    Would any be appropriate?
    Foxconn PRODUCT : Motherboard : Details

sdowney717, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. emachines has an unknown pci device? - Similar Threads - emachines has unknown

2. Drivers for PCI Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers for PCI Devices: Hello guys, I wanted to ask about how do I install the drivers for these PCI Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-pci-devices/7c686e35-22a9-4a41-8df2-456286e59c17
  3. Drivers for PCI Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for PCI Devices: Hello guys, I wanted to ask about how do I install the drivers for these PCI Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-pci-devices/7c686e35-22a9-4a41-8df2-456286e59c17
  4. PCI Device not updatiing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCI Device not updatiing.: cant update it. I uninstall and install it and it doesnt work. im on windows 11. my system info is OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-HBKCJ2Q System...
  5. Emachines help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emachines help: I have a old emachines desktop and I bought a wireless adapter but I still don't even get the option to set up a wireless network or wifi is their a setting or something I might need ....
  6. Emachines help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emachines help: I have a old emachines desktop and I bought a wireless adapter but I still don't even get the option to set up a wireless network or wifi is their a setting or something I might need ....
  7. PCI Device as Removable Device

PCI Device as Removable Device: Hi,I have question about my Crucial P5 m.2 nvme SSD. This port should be internal m.2 slot in my motherboard. But why it will show "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" option here, I dun expect this. I though it is same as my C: and D: treat as internal storage disks....
  8. PCI Device Error

PCI Device Error: A few days ago, I did a benchmark stress test with 3DMark and Windows had crashed, then I did a clean install of the GPU drivers with DDU and it passed the test with no problems. Now I was playing Dead by Daylight and the game crashes with UE4 error, so I go to Security and...
  9. PCI simple communications unknown device and no audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PCI simple communications unknown device and no audio.: Long story short I upgraded Windows 7 to 10 using the tool. Installation went smooth as far as I could tell. But apparently not. Some research later i learned that the pci thing was due to a bad driver. I thought i could fix it but I was wrong again. The intel management...
  10. List of PCI devices

List of PCI devices: Hello In windows KMDF, I would like to get a list of PCI devices and extract slot information. How can I achieve this? Should I be using IRQ_MN_QUERY_INTERFACE API? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/kernel/irp-mn-query-interface Or is there any...