Windows 10: email account "fix" message.

Discus and support email account "fix" message. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I fix my email accounts. When I click the fix button, it just goes on and on forever. I am up to day with my Windows 10.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilipCyr, Aug 7, 2018.

1. PhilipCyr Win User

email account "fix" message.

How do I fix my email accounts. When I click the fix button, it just goes on and on forever. I am up to day with my Windows 10.

:)

PhilipCyr, Aug 7, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Aug 7, 2018
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Aug 7, 2018
  4. email account "fix" message.

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

email account "fix" message.

1. email account "fix" message. - Similar Threads - email account fix

2. No verification email message for new account alias email.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No verification email message for new account alias email.: I have lost access to my primary alias email address which I use to sign in to my Microsoft account. I can still use it to sign in but prefer to change it to a new email address. I have added this new email address to my account aliases but need to verify it. When I press the...
  3. No verification email message for new account alias email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No verification email message for new account alias email.: I have lost access to my primary alias email address which I use to sign in to my Microsoft account. I can still use it to sign in but prefer to change it to a new email address. I have added this new email address to my account aliases but need to verify it. When I press the...
  4. No verification email message for new account alias email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix Account Message in Mail App

Fix Account Message in Mail App: I use Windows 10 with Version 1909 on a PC Suddenly, a couple of days ago, when I opened Mail, I got a notification that my settings were out of date. I clicked Fix Account. The screen showed the address of one of my two email accounts and asked for the password. I...
  6. Fix your account message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fix your account message: Several times a day I get a Need to Fix your account message that requires my user name and password which when I provide it I am told the problem is fixed. And then it happens again. I must use my passwords for all apps even if I checked the "save password" box. What can...
  7. Message to fix account problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message to fix account problem: I have been trying to ignore this problem for a very long time now - probably years. I get a message, daily, that there is an account problem and I need to fix it. I eventually cave in and try to fix it. I am told to change my password, which I do. I get a confirmation...
  8. Message to "fix account" every day.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Message to "fix account" every day.: On sign-in I am getting a bar across the top of the screen that says "My account is out of date" and I can "Fix my account" or "Dismiss". When I choose "Fix my account" it asks for my PIN. When I enter that, the error message goes away, but it comes back every day....
  9. WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message"

WIndows Email-Please fix "Please update your credentials for the account *** message": Windows Mail repeatedly displays the message "Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***." How do I make this messages go away! I have Emailed the above address from my outlook account and answered it from my Gmail account. I...
  10. Fix my email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix my email account: keep getting FIX MY EMail account.Tried,but I receive msg..Sorry try lated,Also email on account are not being receiver on one account.Password is correct..Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-my-email-account/2546370a-4600-45e8-abbb-6dccf23f4fdc