Windows 10: email address shows on log in screen

Discus and support email address shows on log in screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Jut had a Windows update (Sept 17 2016) and now on the log in screen it shows my preferred picture and beneath it my email address (Microsoft account).... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by carrotmuseum, Sep 16, 2016.

1. email address shows on log in screen

Jut had a Windows update (Sept 17 2016) and now on the log in screen it shows my preferred picture and beneath it my email address (Microsoft account). It did not do this before. How can I revert back to picture only.

Win 10 Home Edition (upgraded from Win7 last year)

:)

carrotmuseum, Sep 16, 2016

2. The log in screen shows my email address twice

Hi Ani

I have tried this and it does not work. The Account name is correct. However it does not show on the log in screen. Also I cannot sign in to verify the account. I get the response-server not working. I hear from my IT engineer this is a problem Microsoft
    is aware of but do not yet have a fix??.

Andrew_Day_842, Sep 16, 2016
  3. The log in screen shows my email address twice

Hi

I have recently upgraded to windows 10.The log in screen shows my email address twice. I want to change this so it shows my name

with e mail address underneath.

Please advise

Andrew_Day_842, Sep 16, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

email address shows on log in screen

That is an easy fix. Read the link below. *Smile
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

OldMike65, Sep 16, 2016
  5. Only really works with Win Pro. I have Home and am not comfortable withe the regedit hack.

Anyone got a simpler answer?

carrotmuseum, Sep 16, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    What you asked to do was not display your email account on your login screen. You don't need to go into your registry.
    It is simple, you mis-read the info on the link. All you have to do is turn off ONE setting on your sign-in-options. I'll try and make it real simple. *Smile

email address shows on log in screen [​IMG]

OldMike65, Sep 16, 2016
  7. May I respectfully suggest that YOU read the link properly as it says "If you have Windows 10 Home, you will have to edit the Windows Registry" The screen in the picture is not the one I see as a Home user, it dies not include the on/off option.

Clearly Home users do not need security as we all know it's a very safe world out there!

The problem is that this issue only started after the latest update. It was not there before.

Apart from a system restore, has anyone got the answer?

carrotmuseum, Sep 17, 2016
  8. derekimo Win User

derekimo, Sep 17, 2016
  9. As mentioned in my opening question, I was really looking for something which does not require me to fiddle with the registry.

carrotmuseum, Sep 17, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    If you download that .reg file (and right click on it and run...) is very much the same as if you have that switch in settings. Final result is changed value in registry.
    Files and changing setting posted here by Brink are very safe to use. It is you choice, but in your place I would go with derekimos' advice.

Hope it'll works out for you *Smile

AndreTen, Sep 17, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    You don't have to fiddle with the registry - let the reg file download do it for you. Simply download and double-click; it will add itself to your registry, so you don't have to worry about fiddling with it.

This is all it will do:
    A System Restore will not resolve the problem, as the update will just come through again, so this is the best, easiest way to accomplish what you're looking to do. *Wink Honestly, having a Home (instead of Pro) version of W10 will likely require numerous registry modifications in the future to tweak things just the way you want them, and Brink's work is completely trustworthy, fully tested, and quite good.

simrick, Sep 17, 2016
  12. cereberus Win User
    You must be running old version of Home. In new AU version, the setting as described works fine in Home version.

cereberus, Sep 18, 2016
  13. email address shows on log in screen

I am running whatever Microsoft gave me, I "upgraded" from Win 7 and kept it up to date since. No idea what version of Win 10 it is. It came in August '15

carrotmuseum, Sep 18, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    To find your Windows Version and Build Type Winver in a Command prompt admin Or as a run command. This will show you this screen below.

Your last 3 numbers should be .187 if you are up to date.

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. email address shows on log in screen - Similar Threads - email address shows

2. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with logging in using alias email address: I had two email addresses as primary and secondary alias for my account. My old laptopWin 8.1, my main PC is currently using Win 10, which I wanted to log on used the secondary alias email primary back when it was my only PC, but the password didn't work. I decided to remove...
  3. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with logging in using alias email address: I had two email addresses as primary and secondary alias for my account. My old laptopWin 8.1, my main PC is currently using Win 10, which I wanted to log on used the secondary alias email primary back when it was my only PC, but the password didn't work. I decided to remove...
  4. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sign in screen shows only partial login ID of email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in screen shows only partial login ID of email address: Hey all. Updated to Windows 11 and since then, my login ID when rebooting only shows the first 5 letters of my login ID email. This is the same 5 letters Windows 11 chose for my C: User name for some reason.When I complete the rest of the login ID, windows logs me in as...
  6. Verify Your Identity screen shows an email address that's not mine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Verify Your Identity screen shows an email address that's not mine: When I log in to Microsoft, I get a Verify Your Identity screen. The first line is an email address that's not mine "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***." That's definitely not me. The 2nd line is my correct last two digits of my phone number. I think someone hacked...
  7. 2 computers with same email address in log on

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 computers with same email address in log on: I formated 2 computers and used the same email address on both for sign on. Now I want to chang that. I want each computer to have it's own email at log on. How can I do that...
  8. Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reopen Account message when logging in but email address shows is not mine.: Long story. Began when I noticed a charge on my credit card for Microsoft purchase. Subsequently, found an email thanking me for purchase and PDF could be accessed from account. I do have a regular amount paid to Microsoft monthly however this figure was substantially...
  9. Log in details email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in details email address: need to change the email address on the log in screen above the password on win10 how do i do that pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-details-email-address/b8225f0d-d062-46a0-94a4-695464f6f159"
  10. Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Your Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, email addresses of Microsoft accounts are now hidden by default on the sign-in screen. This...