Windows 10: Email Alert

Discus and support Email Alert in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I wasn't sure where to post this , so I posing it here. I want to warn everyone of a email I received today. I got a email saying my PayPal account was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Winuser, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Winuser Win User

Email Alert

I wasn't sure where to post this , so I posing it here. I want to warn everyone of a email I received today. I got a email saying my PayPal account was being limited because of some violations. It also contained a file that I was supposed to open to confirm my identity. I do not have a PayPal account. Just letting everyone know in case they receive this email or one similar to it. Do not click on anything in your emails.

:)

Winuser, Jul 8, 2016
  2. e61drc Win User

E61 No Email Notification???

New email alerts are in the settings for your email account under User Settings->New Email Alerts; which is on by default. Also, in Profiles->General->Personalise you will find that there is a setting for choosing an Email Alert Tone, which is set to Email
    Alert 1 by default.

Is it a Nokia E61 from Vodafone?

e61drc, Jul 8, 2016
  3. e61drc Win User
    E61 No Email Notification???

The email alert tone in the profile is 'Email alert 1.aac'. An email arrived a few minutes ago while the E61 was in front of me and there was no sound only a flashing light.

e61drc, Jul 8, 2016
  4. Email Alert

I have had that and I have one but it is password protected also it is done by direct debit

hTconeM9user, Jul 8, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Probably ransomware. Good you didn't open it.

simrick, Jul 8, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    That was my first thought when I saw the email.

Winuser, Jul 8, 2016
  7. I wonder, what kind of email provider you have, because normally fake paypal emails end up in spam automatically.

TairikuOkami, Jul 8, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Email Alert

Usually, yes they do. But zipped files usually get through, unfortunately. IDK if this one was zipped though.

simrick, Jul 8, 2016
  9. Borg 386 Win User
    If it came with a zip file, might be this one:

Don’t run JavaScript email attachments: ​they​ can carry potent ransomware | PCWorld

Borg 386, Jul 9, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    I'm not sure if it was on my Comcast account or my Gmail account I have my email client set to show both accounts. After seeing the email and not wanting to chance infecting my computer I deleted it.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Email Alert

1. Email Alert - Similar Threads - Email Alert

2. Onedrive keeps alerting me many times only this year about some weird bug or something by email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive keeps alerting me many times only this year about some weird bug or something by email: The email I receivedI translated it"The files will be permanently deleted from the Trash of your OneDrive space 30 days after their deletion.Hello Denis,We noticed that you recently deleted a large number of files from your OneDrive space.When files are deleted, they are...
  3. Onedrive keeps alerting me many times only this year about some weird bug or something by email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive keeps alerting me many times only this year about some weird bug or something by email: The email I receivedI translated it"The files will be permanently deleted from the Trash of your OneDrive space 30 days after their deletion.Hello Denis,We noticed that you recently deleted a large number of files from your OneDrive space.When files are deleted, they are...
  4. Security alert email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security alert email: I received a security alert email that said someone was trying to access my account and urged me to click on a link to recover my account. I need to know if it is legitimate. How do I report it ?...
  5. Security alert email

Security alert email: I received a security alert email that said someone was trying to access my account and urged me to click on a link to recover my account. I need to know if it is legitimate. How do I report it ?...
  6. I ONLY want to get email and text ALERTS not sign-in codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ONLY want to get email and text ALERTS not sign-in codes.: I only want to use authenticator app or USB security key for logins.The only options I have to disable email and text login codes are to delete my email and phone # but then there's no way to get alerts is there?I must be missing something really simple because this is a huge...
  7. I ONLY want to get email and text ALERTS not sign-in codes.

I ONLY want to get email and text ALERTS not sign-in codes.: I only want to use authenticator app or USB security key for logins.The only options I have to disable email and text login codes are to delete my email and phone # but then there's no way to get alerts is there?I must be missing something really simple because this is a huge...
  8. I ONLY want to get email and text ALERTS not sign-in codes.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. I want to get email and text ALERTS but not sign-in codes. I only want to use authenticator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to get email and text ALERTS but not sign-in codes. I only want to use authenticator...: I want to get email and text ALERTS but not sign-in codes. I only want to use authenticator app or USB security key for logins. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-email-and-text-alerts-but-not-sign/0c0c9505-00d3-4185-8562-9fe4bed53b08
  10. I want to get email and text ALERTS but not sign-in codes. I only want to use authenticator...

I want to get email and text ALERTS but not sign-in codes. I only want to use authenticator...: I want to get email and text ALERTS but not sign-in codes. I only want to use authenticator app or USB security key for logins. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-email-and-text-alerts-but-not-sign/0c0c9505-00d3-4185-8562-9fe4bed53b08