Windows 10: email aliases in Mail app vs WLM 2012

Discus and support email aliases in Mail app vs WLM 2012 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In WLM 2012 email arriving in my alias folder appear in "Quick Views" making it easy to see when new mail arrived for those aliases. I given the Live... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imaddicted2u, Aug 14, 2016.

1. email aliases in Mail app vs WLM 2012

In WLM 2012 email arriving in my alias folder appear in "Quick Views" making it easy to see when new mail arrived for those aliases.
    I given the Live mail app in Windows 10 a try. In this app I have to click More to see the folders for my aliases and there is no notification that mail has arrived. Maybe I'm missing a setting or something but settings seem pretty sparse.

:)

imaddicted2u, Aug 14, 2016

2. Import mail to windows 10

The Windows 10 Mail App is totally unacceptable as a replacement for Windows Live Mail (WLM). You cannot import messages, folders, and contacts from WLM or any other email client software. It will import only the content on the email provider's servers
    at the time it is synched. For those of us who keep important email history stored on our hard drives and access it with email client software (such as WLM 2012), those limitations make it unacceptable. Now that
    Microsoft has announced that it is ending support for Windows Live Mail on January 10, 2017, we will be forced to a new email client if we wish to keep security current. So, we will have to go to the full Microsoft Outlook with its corporate-motivated
    bloat and complexity or move to a non-Microsoft product unless the functionality of the Windows 10 Mail App is reworked to provide the essential functions outlined above.
    Microsoft, please give us an updated Windows Live Mail 2017 and extend the support for WLM 2012 until you do.

DerraldJohnson, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Is it possible to retrieve Windows Live e-mails from old computer? Copy emails to Outlook.com or Windows 10 mail app?

I dont wish to maintain WLM 2012, if I can help it, but thanks for the suggestion. I like the new Windows 10 Mail App as I find it a lot less ambiguous than the WLM 2012 in both ease of set up and daily use. Yes the App tile is also more integrated with
    the new look start menu.

What file format would Mail App use for emails? Can it read WLM formatted email message files? What directory does the application go to to pick up emails from the computer? Can I copy my
    email message files to a suitable folder for Mail App to read?

I dont need to worry about old Calender settings, I just would wish to retrieve and make recovered email message files available in Windows 10 Mail App inbox, if possible.

I have already got the contacts, they seemed to have updated automatically, somehow.

DouglasNigelB, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

email aliases in Mail app vs WLM 2012

1. email aliases in Mail app vs WLM 2012 - Similar Threads - email aliases Mail

2. Aliases email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Aliases email: One of my aliases was deleted by mistake. I need to recover the email. what do I do to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aliases-email/e79d9293-bd9b-4fd9-b75e-95c13018b7bf
  3. Aliases in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aliases in Windows 10 Mail app: I have set up four email aliases in my Microsoft account - 2 outlook.com and 2 icloud.comI can send email using the icloud.com aliases when in Outlook.com webmail, but in the Windows 10 mail app, only the two outlook.com aliases appear as being able to send email from.Is...
  4. Problems With WLM 2012

in Browsers and Email
    Problems With WLM 2012: Good Morning folks. This is my first visit here. I'm in Ontario Canada and YES it's cold here lol. As you might expect, I'm looking for help with an issue I can't seem to resolve. I recently was forced to upgrade to Win 10 (ver# 1909 build# 18363-592) from Win 7. As stated...
  5. Sending Email From Outlook.com Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Sending Email From Outlook.com Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App: According to the Mail App 'What's New' details, it says the following: What's new in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 New features in the latest update: - Send email from Outlook.com aliases - Open & save Calendar .ics attachments in email - See multiple upcoming...
  6. WLM 2012 Trouble With One Email Account

in Browsers and Email
    WLM 2012 Trouble With One Email Account: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64, upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I experienced no problems with the upgrade, either during the upgrade process or after it was completed. The one problem I have concerns a single email account in WLM 2012. I have a total of 27 email...
  7. Random messages\problems when receiving emails WLM 2012

in Browsers and Email
    Random messages\problems when receiving emails WLM 2012: Since this weekend i have been encountering random errors with Windows Live Mail 2012 and i feel it is taking more time to get the messages. This is an example of the errors: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (i omitted e mail for security) account. Header...
  8. Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

in Browsers and Email
    Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM: Have been using this program for months now on windows 10 32 bit, and I get an email saying that MS are making changes to Outlook servers and to patch WLM 2012 and a download link. I applied the patch and now after a few seconds of being open WLM 2012 crashes while...
  9. Windows 10 and WLM 2012 (Solved)

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and WLM 2012 (Solved): I upgraded today to windows 10 and my WLM is not working, it never gets beyond the splash screen. I had 2011 so tried installing 2012 and still no dice. Even tried running as administrator. I have some vital saved emails that I need to print out. Yes I know I should have done...
  10. Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012: Unable to download and restore WLM 2012 after doing a Windows 10 restore on May 24, 2017. Message says Microsoft stop supporting Windows Live Essentials in January 2017. Any suggestions for reinstalling WLM 2012? Is Windows Live Mail 2012 available from anywhere besides...