Windows 10: Email attachments do not appear on Desktop

Discus and support Email attachments do not appear on Desktop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there I am a first time user of this forum. Using Outlook 365 on Windows 10 Desktop PC Email attachments do not appear when saved to my Desktop.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Flash001, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Flash001 Win User

Email attachments do not appear on Desktop

Hi there
    I am a first time user of this forum.
    Using Outlook 365 on Windows 10 Desktop PC
    Email attachments do not appear when saved to my Desktop. They do save in Downloads but not on the Desktop.
    Very frustrating*Mad
    Any suggestions?

:)

Flash001, Jul 16, 2016

2. .pdf and .doc attachments from yahoo mail do ot appear

.pdf and .doc attachments from senders using yahoo mail do not appear with the email since upgrading to W.10. In fact, when attachments to emails I received
    before upgrading also no longer appear with the email. All the emails I checked were ones which I previously was successful in opening and using the .pdf and/or .doc email attachments. I do not use Outlook. When I forward the same email from my
    phone, then the attachment appears.

Leigh Kretzschmar, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Messcar56 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App fails to open .jpg attachments

.jpg attachments to received emails in the Mail App appear as blank squares and cannot be opened when I forward the email back to myself the same attachments appear and open as normal. When I right click on the blank square an option appears to save the
    image to file this I do and the picture appears in the saved folder. This problem that I am experiencing regarding the non opening of .jpg attachments to emails is being experienced by many Window 10 users and has been flagged up as a problem via the feedback
    facility in the Mail App. The same .jpg attachments open perfectly when the emails are opened using Windows Live Mail.

Messcar56, Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

Email attachments do not appear on Desktop

1. Email attachments do not appear on Desktop - Similar Threads - Email attachments appear

2. Attaching emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attaching emails: Hi,I have a picture in one of my emails in my inbox that I would like to attach to another email in my inbox so that I could send it. Can anyone help me? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attaching-emails/250e8f72-53d4-4f39-809f-8f618b90c5be
  3. Attaching emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attaching emails: Hi,I have a picture in one of my emails in my inbox that I would like to attach to another email in my inbox so that I could send it. Can anyone help me? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attaching-emails/250e8f72-53d4-4f39-809f-8f618b90c5be
  4. email attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email attachments: Until a few weeks ago, I had no trouble opening email attachments sent as .docx. Now, when I click on Download, I get the error message:Check file permissions for drive or documentMake sure there is enough free spaceOpen with text recovery converterI can open PDF documents...
  5. email attachment

email attachment: When i open an email that has an attachment it auto saves it to my hard drive I want the option of only viewing or saving which it used to have before this addition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-attachment/70215257-d48f-4a82-9fcf-17a2f8ae9425
  6. Attachments to emails

Attachments to emails: I have Windows 10 and use Mail Live. For the last week I have been unable to see all sent emails, and attachments referred to in emails received are not visible. I can access these in Outlook or my gmail account online. How can this be fixed?...
  7. Email attachment

Email attachment: How do I attach a saved document to an outgoing email? A series of export.pdf documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-attachment/50753f16-8e21-4287-831c-4e5e2ad2e1bd"
  8. Email Attachments

Email Attachments: I am using the mail application on my Surface Pro 4 with multiple email accounts. I have reset the program, uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled and tried to change the security. For a short time the application will work appropriately and attachments will show in...
  9. Saved to Desktop Icon, won't appear in My PC when try attach to email

in Browsers and Email
    Saved to Desktop Icon, won't appear in My PC when try attach to email: I saved a file to my desktop/documents folder. When writing an email, I clicked on the paperclip (attach file) icon and it brought up the drop down menu of everything. When I clicked on the documents folder and then searched for that same file it didn't appear. It still...
  10. "Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?

"Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?: I notice that a folder named "Email Attachments" appears by itself in my OneDrive. The folder is empty. Deleting this folder makes it to reappear by itself later. This behavior started relatively recently. But since I use my OneDrive on multiple Windows 10 computers as well...