Windows 10: Email Handler

Discus and support Email Handler in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I click on a mailto link in a website, a screen appears asking me to choose which account to send an email from - Gmail or Outlook. How do I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by carrotmuseum, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Email Handler

When I click on a mailto link in a website, a screen appears asking me to choose which account to send an email from - Gmail or Outlook.

How do I make it so that only Gmail is used by default, without the need to choose it every time

:)

carrotmuseum, Aug 31, 2015

2. Change from Live Essentials to Mail and Photo

You can set Emclient as the default email handler then right click the file and "send to" to attach to an email

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 31, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Error message

OK, I think you are clicking on a Email link and if you do not have a mail client like MS Outlook installed, Windows does not know how to open a mailto link. Most users nowadays open email in their Web browser but this is not the same as having a mail client
    installed . . .

Each browser handles mailto links differently, your best option is to google your browser name and the mailto handler

For example 'how to set mailto handler in Chrome'

DaveM121, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Email Handler

1. Email Handler - Similar Threads - Email Handler

2. My Laptop login is not going with Company email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop login is not going with Company email address: My laptop is added to MDM Intune and all our system login should happened with our company email address but my windows 11 is taking account as admin and not allowing me to set the login to company email address....
  3. My Laptop login is not going with Company email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop login is not going with Company email address: My laptop is added to MDM Intune and all our system login should happened with our company email address but my windows 11 is taking account as admin and not allowing me to set the login to company email address....
  4. Can't get access to my email??!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get access to my email??!!: I been trying to access a email i recently deleted. The email is attached to various accounts i need to get access too. To be able to change my email address to my current email address professional email. Please help me get access. I can't get access to live chat support...
  5. Can't get access to my email??!!

Can't get access to my email??!!: I been trying to access a email i recently deleted. The email is attached to various accounts i need to get access too. To be able to change my email address to my current email address professional email. Please help me get access. I can't get access to live chat support...
  6. the administrator email on my local user doesnt exist is what windows says everytime i try...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    the administrator email on my local user doesnt exist is what windows says everytime i try...: windows is contradicting itself. i think about 2 years ago i made an outlook mail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and signed in to my local account on that, but now when i want to change it to another email, its not letting me do anything because it...
  7. Email handler for 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email handler for 365: Purchased Microsoft 365 and installed on 2 computers/laptop. Recently laptop needed service that wiped out everything that Carbonite did not save including Outlook, etc. When re-installed Outlook, etc. handler appears to be for Web online missing top toolbars with "attach...
  8. Email handler for 365

Email handler for 365: Purchased Microsoft 365 and installed on 2 computers/laptop. Recently laptop needed service that wiped out everything that Carbonite did not save including Outlook, etc. When re-installed Outlook, etc. handler appears to be for Web online missing top toolbars with "attach...
  9. Email handler for 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I make Edge default Gmail Email handler?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make Edge default Gmail Email handler?: So whenever I click on Email address literally anywhere on Internet I want Gmail web to open. Is this possible? I see some Google Chrome tutorials for that but don't really for Edge. submitted by /u/Super_Govedo [link] [comments]...