Windows 10: Email Issues since intalling W 10

Discus and support Email Issues since intalling W 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 on 1st August. My issues are that I am now unable to send emails in Outlook 365 I am unable to open attachments on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by iant67, Aug 4, 2015.

1. iant67 Win User

Email Issues since intalling W 10

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 on 1st August. My issues are that
    • I am now unable to send emails in Outlook 365
    • I am unable to open attachments on incoming emails
    When I boot the machine the sequence goes to the start screen displaying my Hotmail account name and requests my Hotmail password. I have never used the Hotmail account for anything other than the Office 365 account - never email. I have two other email accounts I use for my email. Could this login be affecting my email? if so how do I reset the login so that everything works as before?

:)

iant67, Aug 4, 2015
  2. adovi Win User

Nokia 5800 XM - Wifi connects automatically without prompting.

I recently ran into this problem, uninstalling nokia email from the intalled apps. resolved my issue. Thanks for sharing this information.

adovi, Aug 4, 2015
  3. I just bought windows 10 home and its not activating.

i literally just bought it since i couldnt get any help from tech support for 4 hours on the phone so now im here. The water mark wont go away and i just paid and intalled windows 10 proper. after putting the code from my email in it says it wouldnt work.

ColtonBurkett, Aug 4, 2015
  4. iant67 Win User

Item # 1 solved by the command prompt [administrator] SFC/scannow fix.
    Iten #2 still a problem.

iant67, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Hi There,

there is a sollution for number 2. Just run an Online restore of you Office installation and the problem will be fixed.

Go to the Configurationpanel to the part where you can uninstall software. Choose for Office 365. Choose for "Change" and run the Online Restore.

This wil fix the issue but may take a while to complete.

Good luck!

Rover

Der Snoober, Aug 7, 2015
  6. iant67 Win User
    Thanks Rover - all fixed! Ian

iant67, Aug 7, 2015
  7. You're most welcome Ian.

Der Snoober, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Email Issues since intalling W 10 - Similar Threads - Email Issues since

2. W 11 update intalls to 97-99% then fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W 11 update intalls to 97-99% then fails: I am trying to update Windows 11. It copies update and then installs to 97% or even 99%. and then fails. Then I get message Do nor worry returning computer to previous settings. This process takes over an hour....
  3. W 11 update intalls to 97-99% then fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W 11 update intalls to 97-99% then fails: I am trying to update Windows 11. It copies update and then installs to 97% or even 99%. and then fails. Then I get message Do nor worry returning computer to previous settings. This process takes over an hour....
  4. Fresh Intall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Intall: Hello. I just built a computer and want to install Windows 10. I have an activation key for Windows 10 Pro. Do I download an ISO onto a flash drive from the Microsoft website and just enter the key when prompted? It's a new SSD so I'd be using the BIOS on the first start-up....
  5. Windows 10 pro intall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro intall: Trying to load Win 10 Pro from i installation disk. It tries to reach server for IPv4 and IPv6 but they get no response timeout Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...
  6. 7 to 10 upgrade - issue w lost email archive - access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    7 to 10 upgrade - issue w lost email archive - access denied: upgraded from 7 to 10 when opening email archive folder said I do not have permission to open. I have years of emails there. Now the archive file has disappeared. How can I fix this and recover my archived emails....
  7. assigning usernames that are not email addressesin W-10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    assigning usernames that are not email addressesin W-10: I bought a new laptop to replace an old W-7 machine.  The new machine came with W-10.   I installed windows 10 and set it up using my existing Microsoft account.  I want to replicate the usernames on the old machine. The new machine only wants me to use email...
  8. ps3 driver intallation issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ps3 driver intallation issues: im not sure what is wrong every time i try to connect my ps3 controller nothing happens and it says to install the drivers and when i do it says this im not sure what the data is invalid means can anyone assist me please...
  9. W 10 and POP email

in Browsers and Email
    W 10 and POP email: Does anyone know if W 10 will allow POP email, W 8.1 does not. I can change my Cox email to Imap, but it is a real hassle and I don't want to if W 10 will use it. 7819
  10. Windows 10 network problems since intall please help asap!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network problems since intall please help asap!: I do not even know where to begin. I have had so many problems with windows 10 so far that I am already sick of the OS. About a week ago I built my first custom gaming PC every single thing on it is running great. Installed windows 10 got all of the drivers downloaded and...