Windows 10: Email security

Discus and support Email security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why is it that I cannot apply Email Security to any of my accounts in Windows 10 "EDGE" browser? I tried to turn it on and the message I got states...... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lilliemay48, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Email security

Why is it that I cannot apply Email Security to any of my accounts in Windows 10 "EDGE" browser?

I tried to turn it on and the message I got states... "This setting cannot be applied to any of your accounts."

:)

lilliemay48, Jul 29, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 29, 2018
  3. email

My system is Windows 10, my browser is Google Chrome and my email is Windows live. When I open a hyperlink I get a blank/black page listed as "Untitled". Any suggestions?

HELPlucy2016, Jul 29, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

Email security

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Email security

1. Email security - Similar Threads - Email security

2. I have received several emails about security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have received several emails about security: from microsoft account t. saying security was deleted not sure if spam or scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-received-several-emails-about-security/8740571c-7002-4d6a-a143-8291237072c0
  3. I have received several emails about security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have received several emails about security: from microsoft account t. saying security was deleted not sure if spam or scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-received-several-emails-about-security/8740571c-7002-4d6a-a143-8291237072c0
  4. Cant change security settings without access to recovery email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change security settings without access to recovery email: I have a main outlook account which i have access to with email and password. This account is associated to a recovery email. Which is an old hotmail account of mine. This recovery email is the only way to verify my identity, no phone, no 2fa. I do not have access to this old...
  5. Cant change security settings without access to recovery email

Cant change security settings without access to recovery email: I have a main outlook account which i have access to with email and password. This account is associated to a recovery email. Which is an old hotmail account of mine. This recovery email is the only way to verify my identity, no phone, no 2fa. I do not have access to this old...
  6. How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?: How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?I am preparing an old computer to donate and I don't want to attach an account to it....
  7. How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?

How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?: How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?I am preparing an old computer to donate and I don't want to attach an account to it....
  8. How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Connect Simply and Securely with Phone Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect Simply and Securely with Phone Email: Phone.Email revolutionizes communication by integrating phone numbers as email IDs, simplifying messaging and alleviating email overload. With Phone Email, your phone number becomes your primary email ID, streamlining communication across platforms. Gone are the days of...
  10. Connect Simply and Securely with Phone Email

Connect Simply and Securely with Phone Email: Phone.Email revolutionizes communication by integrating phone numbers as email IDs, simplifying messaging and alleviating email overload. With Phone Email, your phone number becomes your primary email ID, streamlining communication across platforms. Gone are the days of...