Windows 10: Email storage for windows live account and outlook.

Discus and support Email storage for windows live account and outlook. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Please can you help? I use windows 10 on both laptop and desktop Pc. I have a microsoft login account and use Outlook (paid subscription) software. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Silencious, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Email storage for windows live account and outlook.

Please can you help? I use windows 10 on both laptop and desktop Pc. I have a microsoft login account and use Outlook (paid subscription) software. I would like to know for peace of mind if my emails are stored in my microsoft account or on each device when I log in? My reasoning is I would like to download and export my emails to either and external HD device or cloud base situation. Can you tell me if my account is actually cloud based and therefore saved already or located in my user\app section in C:/ but I haven't found it in C:\user\appdata\local\microsoft\windows mail*Redface

:)

Silencious, Oct 9, 2016

2. How to synchronize Outlook 2013 and Windows Phone 8

I have 4 different windows live accounts that I set up under 4 different POP3 email addresses.....I do not receive any email to these email addresses through my Windows Live/Outlook accounts....when I log into any of these windows live accounts (the ones
    that use a POP3 email address), I get NO email there at all.

I sync 2 of these windows live accounts to Outlook on my computer so I can get the contacts and appointments associated with these accounts to my windows live accounts and sync them to my phone. Since there is no email being delivered to these windows live
    accounts, no email ever gets synced to Outlook on my computer for these windows live accounts.

But I download email for 1 of my POP3 accounts directly to Outlook because I have set up a separate POP3 email account in Outlook

If you log into your Windows Live account, using a POP3 email address and if email from the POP3 email address is being delivered to the windows live account, it is being delivered there either because windows live is set up to retrieve email or because the
    POP3 account is set up to forward email to that account.

Who is the ISP for your POP3 account?

Julie fka profjulie, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Kevin J S Win User
    what is error message 80072F06 and how do I react?

Is your email address an @Hotmail, @live or @outlook account, or is it an Exchange email through your employer? Also, is this the primary account on the phone (labeled as Windows Live) or is it a secondary email account?

Regards,

Kevin J S, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Clint Win User

Email storage for windows live account and outlook.

In Windows Live Mail - click on File - select Export email _ select Email Messages. I do this periodically to my external HD.

Email storage for windows live account and outlook. [​IMG]

Clint, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Dlambert Win User
    Can we use its export feature to batch export emails? Confused.

Dlambert, Oct 10, 2016
  6. Thanks Clint for your time and assistance. Maybe I wasn't clear. I don't use windows live mail with microsoft thinking of removing. I use chrome browser and outlook mail to receive my mail. I have a microsoft login account, which is my outlook mail account. I have looked again for any signs that can help me but still cannot locate where my actual mail is stored. Could it be in the cloud perhaps.

Silencious, Oct 10, 2016
  7. Clint Win User
    The reason that I posted that is your title said-Email storage for windows live account and outlook.

Clint, Oct 10, 2016
  8. Clint Win User

When I do that I select The folders that I want to save and it copies all the e-mails in those folders.

Email storage for windows live account and outlook. [​IMG]

Clint, Oct 10, 2016
  9. can anyone help?

Silencious, Oct 11, 2016
  10. gpstoloff Win User
    I suspect you've muddied the waters a bit with your Outlook (paid subscription) software statement.

Yes, if you're referring to a Live.com account (Outlook.co.uk, Hotmail.co.uk, etc.) paid subscription to avoid advertisements -- and viewing it by going to that web page in Google Chrome, your messages aren't being transferred to your local drive at all. They remain stored on that web service.

However, if you're using the Outlook application (Outlook 2016, Office 365 Outlook, etc.) to access that Live.com account, then your messages are usually downloaded to your .OST or .PST files on your local drive -- and therefore should be backed up regularly. (Sorry, I don't use Outlook any more, so I can't advise which directory to inspect for those files. Your Outlook settings should be the start for that treasure hunt.)

C:\user\appdata\local\microsoft\windows mail is a directory used by W10 Mail (UWP) application, but you're apparently not using that application.

gpstoloff, Oct 11, 2016
  11. Thank you for this.This has eased my mind. I don't agree with microsoft charging for a yearly subscription to office and I much prefer what I have which is how you have eloquently put in your reply.

Silencious, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Email storage for windows live account and outlook. - Similar Threads - Email storage live

2. can't access my email account outlook live

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't access my email account outlook live: I can't access my outlook live email account. I'm always signed in on this laptop but it gives me error message "something went wrong" then suggests "please try the following recommendation" then a button with "refresh the appliction" which I tried and it did nothing...
  3. can't access my email account outlook live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access my email account outlook live: I can't access my outlook live email account. I'm always signed in on this laptop but it gives me error message "something went wrong" then suggests "please try the following recommendation" then a button with "refresh the appliction" which I tried and it did nothing...
  4. can't access my email account outlook live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost email accounts in Outlook Live

in Browsers and Email
    Lost email accounts in Outlook Live: Due to a tremendous KBCI error here ALL email accounts in my Outlook Live are gone. (I mistakenly removed the folders for each) I thought I could just add them back in but don't remember how. I've found a number of ways to do so on the web but they must be from an earlier...
  6. Cant recieve emails in Outlook and Windows live mail

Cant recieve emails in Outlook and Windows live mail: I can send emails in Outlook and Windows live mail but cannot receive them any help will be much appreciated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-recieve-emails-in-outlook-and-windows-live/dc558aff-fe61-41b2-a8ee-cbf8ff4557dd
  7. Email. Outlook account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email. Outlook account: Hello I have just clicked on my mail icon and the mail opened as per usual then suddenly disappeared and I had to click again and the same thing is happening .It opens then goes back to my desktop screen. The mail will not stay open. Can anyone help...
  8. Migrate Storage Folders and Emails from Live Mail 2012 to Outlook 365

Migrate Storage Folders and Emails from Live Mail 2012 to Outlook 365: I have recently purchased Office in part to get Outlook 365 for my new laptop. I have successfully set up Outlook 365 on my new laptop and am receiving new messages. However I have thousands of stored messages in my Live Mail organized into folders and subfolders. I have...
  9. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  10. Storage of outlook emails in windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage of outlook emails in windows: When I save outlook emails into a Windows folder, only the "Date Modified" is shown. As emails are not saved into the folders on an ongoing basis, the date the emails were sent is quite different than what is shown under "Date Modified". Is there a way to display the date...