Windows 10: Email to multiple recipients without revealing all addresses

Discus and support Email to multiple recipients without revealing all addresses in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I know that this can be done using BCC but there are a number of problems with that approach. One is the danger of one recipient using "reply all".... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hairy Scot, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Email to multiple recipients without revealing all addresses

I know that this can be done using BCC but there are a number of problems with that approach.
    One is the danger of one recipient using "reply all".
    Another is the fact that being among "undisclosed recipients" tends to raise suspicions that something underhand is afoot.

Is there a way to send a mail to multiple recipients where it each recipient will see his/her address in the To box but there will be nothing to show that the mail has been sent to others?

:)

Hairy Scot, Jun 7, 2016

2. alias email address not receiving emails

Hello all;

I created an alias email @Hotmail.com but address is not receiving emails even when I send it from my primary email address which is also @Hotmail.com. I get the message:

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

(my new alias email) @hotmail.com

I see this has been a topic of interest on the forums but the answer is never revealed, only private messaged.

Any thoughts as to what I need to do?

Thank you

4f3af668-83a7-497f-87c0-7f6f2ad996df, Jun 7, 2016
  3. How can I stop "reply all" to myself?

If recipients who are originally included do not auto populate when you "reply all" then this is something else (and not normal behavior)

I have the exact same phone and tried to reproduce by reply all'ing to an email that I recieved that had multiple recipients and they all showed up under the TO field. So I am not seeing the same issue.

Is it a possibility that some of the recipients on your email are showing up as an Alias or Distribution Group and your phone has no correlating address to send to?

Gary D. - WP7 Support, Jun 7, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Email to multiple recipients without revealing all addresses

*** When sending a BCC mail, make sure to put your email address in the To field.***

RE ..............One is the danger of one recipient using "reply all"..........................

I think you have a misunderstanding.

Excerpt from this Source :

3. If a recipient uses the “Reply to All” option, the reply will not be sent to those individuals in the BCC: field.

RE ................
    Another is the fact that being among "undisclosed recipients" tends to raise suspicions that something underhand is afoot.

I don't have a good solution for you except putting your name in the Subject field, i.e. "From Hairy Scot".
    Assuming your recipients know who you are. Hopefully that will clear the suspicion.

Sorry, that's all I know to help you.

davidhk, Jun 7, 2016
Thema:

Email to multiple recipients without revealing all addresses

1. Email to multiple recipients without revealing all addresses - Similar Threads - Email multiple recipients

2. Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: Stewart Dennis L *** Email address is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: Stewart Dennis L *** Email address is...: Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:Stewart Dennis L *** Email address is removed for privacy ***Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System DNS reported that the recipient's domain does not exist.Contact the recipient by some other means by...
  3. Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: Stewart Dennis L *** Email address is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: Stewart Dennis L *** Email address is...: Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:Stewart Dennis L *** Email address is removed for privacy ***Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System DNS reported that the recipient's domain does not exist.Contact the recipient by some other means by...
  4. My emails sometimes show as weird "From" address to recipients

in Microsoft Office and 365
    My emails sometimes show as weird "From" address to recipients: Hi, I am using Office 2019 Home and Business at work and sometimes my recipients receive my mails from a weird email address, not mine. something like [email protected]. My email address is [email protected] I've seen this official article from Microsoft about a known issue...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address

Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address: using windows 10 mail app, how do i get the recipient's name to show instead of just their email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-show-recipients-name-not-email/6e904840-3c52-4aab-81f1-27affa7c9216
  6. Receiving threatening emails from multiple unknown recipients

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Receiving threatening emails from multiple unknown recipients: I am currently receiving threatening emails from unknown senders. I block them as they come in, but then another new sender pops up with more threatening emails. How do I correct this? It seems that Microsoft is not a secure site any longer for anyone using it. There...
  7. Remove SendTo email Recipient and email Recipient [as attachment].

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove SendTo email Recipient and email Recipient [as attachment].: When using Snip & Sketch [ and the Snipping Tool I think ] yesterday I noticed that there was a Context Menu option to SendTo email Recipient and email Recipient [as attachment]. Is there any way to remove these please? I suppose I could always use the shell:sendto Delete...
  8. can anyone confirm to me that if youtube would reveal email address

in Windows 10 Support
    can anyone confirm to me that if youtube would reveal email address: We know that every gmail comes with a youtube account. I'd like to know, if it's possible to find out my corresponding gmail address or gmail ID by looking at my youtube profile or source code or any hidden somewhere? Indirect methods like looking for my posted contents or...
  9. Email to multiple addresses

Email to multiple addresses: Hi Am trying to send an email to multiple addresses which I have in a file. I manage to load the file onto my email but it will only send to the name I put into recipient box. What am I not doing correctly ? Regards Pete...
  10. When want to Share a photo, there is no way to enter the recipient's email address or even...

When want to Share a photo, there is no way to enter the recipient's email address or even...: I open Picture files on my laptop, choose a photo. Want to forward it to another computer or mobile device, but when click on Share, all I get is a red screen with the Microsoft Edge icon/logo. How can actually send photos to someone?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to send email to multiple recipients without revealing addresses

2. to send email to multiple receipents without revealing email addresses