Windows 10: Email

Discus and support Email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Why if I try to send file does my email open in some thing other than outlook even thoughoutlook shows as my default?? 103887 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Herm61, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Herm61 Win User

Email

Why if I try to send file does my email open in some thing other than outlook even thoughoutlook shows as my default??

:)

Herm61, Feb 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes when trying to backup a system image or when doing a chkdsk.

I have a c drive which is an ssd and a d drive which is a hdd.

The ssd back up works fine. A backup or chkdsk of the hdd freezes. What can I do to fix the problem?

Talita's Email, Feb 6, 2018
  3. Fixing Error Code Ox80508023, Removal of Trojan:Win32/Derbit.B

I followed all the steps you have recommended, rebooting or restarting after each step, but Windows Defender just keeps finding the Malware but does not REMOVE it from my system/computer.

I downloaded and ran each of the following:

Emsisoft“EEK”

MS Safety Scanner

RESET both of my 2 Browsers IE (ver 11) and Google Chrome (latest version) following your links

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

While my system works fine the Malware is not removed.

See a picture of the screen shot below from Windows Defender after doing ALL of the above (after taking the picture I clicked onto REMOVE ALL, each time):

file too big to insert

How do I remove this entirely from my system?

Thank you, Paul

PaulsPersonal-Email, Feb 6, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Email

What is your 'Mailto' protocol set to?
    (Settings/Apps/Default apps/Choose default apps by protocol)

Email [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 6, 2018
  5. Herm61 Win User
    Thanks to you I found that protcol shows "mail" not outlook asthe default, but I cant figure out how to change it.

Herm61, Feb 8, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Feb 8, 2018
  7. Herm61 Win User
    Thank you...it worked!! Herm

Herm61, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Email

1. Email - Similar Threads - Email

2. Windows Update and lost email messages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and lost email messages: The latest update of windows 10 just loaded. I resisted as long as I could due to problems last time and while away from my PC the update happened. It took over 3 hours which meant that my PC was not usable while it loaded. Once the update finished loading I find that my...
  3. microsoft edge email errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge email errors: why are my emails being rejected in microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-email-errors/dd508ca3-c46e-465d-b4ce-d777e38e7d84
  4. Microsoft Outlook keeps trying to connect to a removed email account

Microsoft Outlook keeps trying to connect to a removed email account: Every day or tow I get a message from Microsoft: "Please update your credentials for the account name.name@name" (name.name@name represents my old email account) I followed the instructions for removing the account. So it is no longer on my laptop or android mobile...
  5. Email from Msoft offered free theme - I chose 'Music' one. Says it downloaded but it didn't...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Email from Msoft offered free theme - I chose 'Music' one. Says it downloaded but it didn't...: It looks like it downloads but it isn't available in my theme library and I can't find a download file. I click 'Apply' after it says it has downloaded and that asks me if I want to go to the MSoft store - so I'm stuck in a loop!!! Am I doing something wrong or is there a...
  6. How do I reinstall an email icon button on my toolbar? after a up date ts gon off my tool bar

How do I reinstall an email icon button on my toolbar? after a up date ts gon off my tool bar: n button on my toolbar? after a up date ts gon off my tool bar my email icon has gon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-an-email-icon-button-on-my/56974cee-16b8-4b1d-bebc-cc0d11d5dd54
  7. Accidently used my microsoft email for Cortana. Need to change it to a gmail account.

in Cortana
    Accidently used my microsoft email for Cortana. Need to change it to a gmail account.: Just tried Cortana. My microsoft email popped in to her account. I want to change and use my gmail account . I have looked everywhere, but I can't find anywhere how to change it. Can anybody give me dummy step-by step instructions? I have Windows 10 64 bit. Does she...
  8. windows m,ail disappearing emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows m,ail disappearing emails: Why do emails I have moved into folders (for saving) seem to disappear on windows mail. I save all emails that I may need to refer to in the future but they have gone....
  9. Email Linked?

Email Linked?: My past fathers account is stuck to mine, what can I do to remove it. He doesn't know anything either. Help is much appreciated Pic | | v [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-linked/7460f915-9332-4481-bb5b-4046d9b87c8b
  10. I want to get rid of my email from my pc

I want to get rid of my email from my pc: Even though I've unlinked the pc from the email that I added to my pc numerous times, it continues to stay there, and there is no longer an option to remove an account anymore, all it says is manage now. And when I go into devices on my Microsoft account, it doesn't show the...