Windows 10: Emailing website image using Email Picture command in context menu

Discus and support Emailing website image using Email Picture command in context menu in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used to be able to right click on an image in a website and then select the Email Picture option in the dialogue box but no longer can I do this for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kelli, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Kelli Win User

Emailing website image using Email Picture command in context menu

I used to be able to right click on an image in a website and then select the Email Picture option in the dialogue box but no longer can I do this for some reason

I do get the message advising me that a website wants to open web content using the program on my computer. I select the allow button but Outlook fails to open. Even if I leave Outlook open it will not work

If I select a photo on my hard drive through Window Explorer and right click it outlook opens fine and the picture is in the email..

Any ideas why I am not longer to select a photo at a website and use email picture open to open outlook using email picture option ?

:)

Kelli, Jun 15, 2017

2. HTC Touch and Outlook

Try this:

Open your email account on the device.

Click Menu > Tools > Options.

Use your stylus to tap and hold on the email account and select Delete from the context menu.

Linley Meslier, Jun 15, 2017
  3. cant download picture via email

Could you please elaborate.

If the image is sent as an attachment:
    Open email
    Click on attachment
    It should download
    Click on attachment again to open
    Press and hold on picture until menu pops up
    Select 'Save to Phone'

If image is sent directly in email.
    Click on box where picture should be (It should contain 'Download Image')
    Your images will then download and will be visible in email app
    Touch and hold picture till menu pops up
    Touch save to phone

Hope this helps.
    Sorry if it isn't what you are looking for but your question is a little vague.

KHSAlite2000, Jun 15, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

What browser are you using?

5. Kelli Win User
    lol, I guess that info would help IE 11

Kelli, Jun 15, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    You mean like the message box below? If I click "Allow" Outlook opens so I'm not going to be much use except to say it works whether Outlook is open or not for me.

Hopefully someone else will know.

I do get the exact problem described in this thread though (if you can get that far) where the attachment in Outlook is named always named "(2)"

E-mail picture not working properly on Internet Explorer/Windows 10 build 1607

7. Kelli Win User
    Exactly! I chose the allow option and then outlook would open and I could email the image. Outlook for some reason stopped opening.

Kelli, Jun 15, 2017
  8. Kelli Win User

I have looked around for a solution. I think I have found the problem It may be either the sendmail.dll or the sendmail.dll.mui which reside in windows/System32 One of the two may prevent Outlook from opening. I have found a variety of repair tools, all blocked as unsafe or with adware. I can't find the actual files though. My .dlls appear to both have been modified on March 18 which is about the time this problem started.

I ran sfc /scannow and problems found with the dll files previously mentioned

Kelli, Jun 15, 2017
  9. lx07 Win User
    That is interesting. The error in the link above was fixed by putting in old 1511 versions of sendmail.dll.

Whether you want to download .dlls from some stranger on technet is up to you of course (I did).

If you do there is a link in the second last comment you could try if sfc /scannow and/or dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth doesn't repair it...

10. Kelli Win User
    I d/l the dll its a valid MS file I just have to boot up in safe mode I guess and copy it to the directory. I'll rename the original first

Edit:

I cannot rename or delete the original file so therefore I cannot replace t. The Windows Creator Update screwed up my system to the point I cannot even change the folder/file permissions to rename or remove the file

Kelli, Jun 16, 2017
  11. Kelli Win User
    OK I found the problem It was a setting in IE 11, Protected Mode was enabled. Once I disabled that when I right clicked on an image at a website and then selected send email picture then Outlook opened up with the image attached. Renamed with (2) but I can live with that.

Kelli, Jun 16, 2017
  12. Kelli Win User
    After my solution. I no longer get the dialogue box. I was getting it before Also am getting the (2) rename with no file extension when email is received

Kelli, Jun 16, 2017
  13. Kelli Win User

Okay I resolved the problem. I don't know what version of windows you are running but it starts with d/l the 32 bit and 64 bit sendmaill.dll from the website in your link. I saw that page last night and went back to it after you posted

After you download you have to go to windows command promt as Admin and enter three commands You do this for the 32 bit version and again for the 64 bit version

I have Windows 10 64 bit IE 11 I'll post the general format to do this tomorrow if you want it. I can now use the send picture menu command (an in IE Protected Mode) and the photos are emailed with out the rename of (2) and they have proper file extensions

Off course the next time Windows updates and writes over the files the problem may return if they haven't fixed it.

I also found a file sendmail.dll.mui I'm not sure if that is the problem but I left it in the directory The problems may be that the original sendmail.dll in Windows/SysWOW64 may have been deleted or possibly replaced b the sendmail.dll.mui file.

Back up your registry first before you do anything.

Kelli, Jun 16, 2017
  14. lx07 Win User
    Glad you got it working *Thumbs

That would be good, yes.

.mui are language specific translation of .dll afaik. If you are running 64 bit US English (same as me) you would have one in the system32\en_US and SysWOW64\en_US sub directories. Best to leave them I think.

15. Kelli Win User
    Back up your registry before or at least use the Command Prompt Run (Admin) to copy the original dll's to a storage directory of your choice so you can reinstall them if this doesn't work. It worked for me. Verify that YOUR 64 bit version is at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\em-us\sendmail.dll Your 32 bit should be at C:\windows\system32\sendmail.dll

D/L the files from the link in the page you listed in your reply and extract them to a directory of your choice

There are three commands require to copy them over to the appropriate directory, again, use Run, Command Prompt (Admin)

The red highlighted text is the directory I extracted the d/l files to so replace with your path

to install the 32 bit dll use these commands at the prompt

32 bit

takeown /f C:\windows\system32\sendmail.dll

icacls C:\windows\system32\sendmail.dll /grant administrators:F

copy C:\Users\D\Documents\Sendmail\system32\sendmail.dll C:\windows\system32\sendmail.dll

then to install the 64 bit of the .dll

takeown /f C:\Windows\SysWOW64\em-us

icacls C:\Windows\SysWOW64 /grant administrators:F

copy C:\Users\D\Documents\Sendmail\Syswow64\sendmail.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US

reboot and you should be good to go

Kelli, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Emailing website image using Email Picture command in context menu - Similar Threads - Emailing website image

2. email a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    email a picture: How do I email a picture on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-a-picture/b7eedfcf-ff30-4c52-b4ee-ceda0e226b88
  3. email a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email a picture: How do I email a picture on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-a-picture/b7eedfcf-ff30-4c52-b4ee-ceda0e226b88
  4. What is this context menu command?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this context menu command?: Today I noticed a command I've never seen before in the context menu. In Brazilian Portuguese it reads Liberar espao, which means "Free up space". ▼ [img] I tried to identify it using ShellMenuView, but it didn't find any menu name with "Liberar", "espao", "free", and...
  5. Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu: I've attached a screenshot of the problem I'm describing. When I right-click a file in Windows Explorer, then click the "Share" option, this box appears with this shaded-out email address. I need to make that email address go away. It's an address that's been previously...
  6. email pictures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    email pictures: Why do the pictures in recieved emails come out as a blank box when I print them out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-pictures/eb11fd71-9afb-40e9-87b9-96924ca8a4f5
  7. Inserting a picture creates 2 images in the email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inserting a picture creates 2 images in the email: I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit and this is in regards to the built in Mail app. Hi all, I am trying to send out an email ad and i want to insert a jpg photo into the email and then add a link to this image so that when the image is clicked in, it will take the user to my...
  8. Emailing pictures

in Browsers and Email
    Emailing pictures: All looks good, I can get a contact, upload photos, add subject and when I hit send it disappears....to where? My daughter did not get them and it does not show in sent mail? 30095
  9. Remove Email Addresses from "Share with" Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Email Addresses from "Share with" Context Menu?: [img] How do I remove these? I mainly want to remove the hotmail address. I tried deleting it from netplwiz and rebooting, but it still shows up. I no longer use that email and I want it deleted from that context menu. 92085
  10. Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Email to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Email from the Share tab in the ribbon of File Explorer by default when you have files and/or folders selected. It allows you to send the...