Windows 10: Emails with Win10 and my Surface 4 Pro

Discus and support Emails with Win10 and my Surface 4 Pro in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently bought a MS Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. I also own an Apple MacBook Air and have the same email accounts on both computers. I've... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by starflyr, Jul 12, 2017.

1. starflyr Win User

Emails with Win10 and my Surface 4 Pro

I recently bought a MS Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. I also own an Apple MacBook Air and have the same email accounts on both computers.

I've noticed I receive several more semi-junk emails with the Apple MBA than I do with the Surface. On the Surface, if I navigate to Folders/More/Junk Email, I very seldom see any of the so-call semi-junk or real JUNK mail in the Surface/Windows computer.

I'm a bit concerned as to whether I might miss some legit email on the Surface if I don't use the MBA as well. Don't know whether Windows syncs with my other devices in regards to email.

Is there a Windows 10 setting that decides whether I should even see "junk" email in the junk folder?

:)

starflyr, Jul 12, 2017

2. Windows Hello is not available for surface pro 4

Windows Hello is not available for surface pro 4 after updating to Win10 1709.

Deleting and re-install Microsoft IR Camera Front and Surface Camera Windows hello does not work for me.

lingxizhang, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Sync Pro4 with my other tablet both Win10

I have a surface Pro 4 that I have setuip and it's perfect . Now I have a NextBook with Win10 (both have Win10) and what I want to do is be able to sync the NextBook, so that it has the same apps and tiles are in the same position as with the Surface Pro
    4. Not only that but I want them to have the same apps on both tablets. Both tablets have been updated with apps and Win10. Can this be done or will I need to have the Surface Pro4 on and opened and just do the matching manually on the NextBook. I also
    have ordered a Dell XPS 18 with win10 on it and would like to have that also look the same as the Pro4

thanks

Pat

PatrickEvans1959, Jul 12, 2017
  4. starflyr Win User

Wondering if the reason I'm not receiving most of the emails I receive on my MacBook Air on my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 computer is because I don't have the various senders email addresses in my Windows 10?

starflyr, Jul 13, 2017
  5. Hi starflyr

While I don't have answers I do have a few questions.

Is this one account or does it happen on many?

What is the domain for the account that you are having issues with? (@gmail.com, @HOTmail.com, etc)

On your MBA are you using the Apple Mail app or are you accessing through browser or other app?

When you see discrepancy, for device with fewer emails have you checked deleted and or trash folder to see if missing mail is already been moved?

Windows 10 does not per say sync mail with other devices. It syncs mail with your account (@domain) and each app or program then syncs with the same account. Now depending on how you set account up you could see differences. You can set accounts up as POP, IMAP and MS use EAS for Hotmail, Outlook, Live and MSN. Since you are using MBA I assume this was set up recently using defaults so it is likely using IMAP protocol.

Having people in our out of your contacts should not impact what you receive unless you have enable filters / rules to that effect, e.g. if person not in contacts junk or delete mail.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 13, 2017
  6. starflyr Win User
    While I don't have answers I do have a few questions.

Is this one account or does it happen on many?
    On all my accounts (hotmail, outlook, msn, gmail and aol
    What is the domain for the account that you are having issues with? (@gmail.com, @HOTmail.com, etc)

On your MBA are you using the Apple Mail app or are you accessing through browser or other app?

Using the mail app on both the MBA and Surface 4. I guess I should go into say outlook.com on my Surface Pro and see if the missing emails are there. I’ll give that a try next.

When you see discrepancy, for device with fewer emails have you checked deleted and or trash folder to see if missing mail is already been moved?

Not in deleted/spam/trash

Windows 10 does not per say sync mail with other devices. It syncs mail with your account (@domain) and each app or program then syncs with the same account. Now depending on how you set account up you could see differences. You can set accounts up as POP, IMAP and MS use EAS for Hotmail, Outlook, Live and MSN. Since you are using MBA I assume this was set up recently using defaults so it is likely using IMAP protocol.

AFAIK, I’ve setup both computer email apps with the default options.

Having people in our out of your contacts should not impact what you receive unless you have enable filters / rules to that effect, e.g. if person not in contacts junk or delete mail.

The only reason I mentioned the above is that in the past I’ve received email on my MBA that stated I should put the senders address in my address book to insure future mail goes into my regular folders rather than spam. This lack of garbage email coming into my Surface Pro Win 10 might be a blessing!

Ken

starflyr, Jul 14, 2017
  7. Interesting. On my Windows 10 mail app the junk folder duplicates my hotmail.com. Having it happen on all accounts implies, as you originally asked, does Windows 10 Mail app have some sort filtering on Junk.

I will continue to look and post back if I find something.

With the info provide maybe another member will see the issue.

Caledon Ken, Jul 14, 2017
  8. starflyr Win User

STRANGELY enough, this morning for the first time, I received exactly the same email to my various accounts on both the Surface Pro and the MBA. The ONLY thing I did different was to open the Surface Pro first.

Go figure...

starflyr, Jul 14, 2017
  9. Interesting. If this was happening with all folders I would suggest MBA is using POP and Surface IMAP. IMAP would leave on server whereas POP could be set to download and delete from server.

Only flaw in all this is it only happens with Spam.

I wonder how MBA is processing?

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Emails with Win10 and my Surface 4 Pro - Similar Threads - Emails Win10 Surface

2. No upload of Email Attachments on my Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No upload of Email Attachments on my Surface Pro 4: Dear all, since last week I have a problem to send Emails with attachments. Its independed on the plattform I use. I tried to send emails with small attachments below 1MB via Browser through gmx.de, web.de, gmail.com and also to do the same via Outlook. On the...
  3. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  4. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  5. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: System and Firmware Update. 115195
  6. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  7. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Quite a large system update available today. 47842
  8. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: System Update just released.. 56499
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aol email and surface

2. issues with viewing mailchimp emails on a surface pro