Windows 10: Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error '

Discus and support Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error ' in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a number of emails in my inbox that when I highlight them and click on delete I just get a box showing unknown error. I've had this happen... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Coatimundi, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error '

I have a number of emails in my inbox that when I highlight them and click on delete I just get a box showing unknown error. I've had this happen occasionally before, and it was only a few, so I manually transferred them to the deleted mail.

However I now seem to have enough that it's going to take a while to do this.

On top of this when I tried to use this method on some of them I got a second box pop up telling me that they could not be moved and to retry. I did, they still can't.

I've tried a block removal but that won't work either.

What can I do to avoid an ever expanding mail box please

:)

Coatimundi, Jul 25, 2017

2. "an unknown error code" message on trying to deleting mails from Junk folder on Windows 10.

Original Title: I have emails in junk file that will not delete and I get an unknown error code message. how do I get this fixed? It happened to 22 messages.

I have emails in junk file that will not delete and I get "an unknown error code" message. how do I get this fixed? It happened to 22 messages.

CristiMcCaffrey-Jackson, Jul 25, 2017
  3. Barb_620 Win User
    Windows Live Mail

When I want to delete an email, I get a message 'an unknown error has occurred'.

Barb_620, Jul 25, 2017
  4. Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error '

Hi Coatimundi.

To help members understand the issue with the hope of providing possible solutions could you state

1) Who provides your email at a domain level, MS (Outlook), Gmail, Yahoo, Telco? (Don't want your address complete address.)

2) If a telco or other third party have you contacted them?

3) What email program or app are you using for mail?

4) If not an app / program what browser are you using and have you tried another browser?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 26, 2017
Thema:

Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error '

1. Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error ' - Similar Threads - Emails won't delete

2. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData: I found a hidden file named 11aa-27B9C597AD296D2F.log in C:\ProgramData and can't delete it. It appears to be some kind of office document. There is also related hidden documents in the C:\ named 1a-27B9C597AD296D2F.log, invoice-27B9C597AD296D2F.txt, and...
  3. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData: I found a hidden file named 11aa-27B9C597AD296D2F.log in C:\ProgramData and can't delete it. It appears to be some kind of office document. There is also related hidden documents in the C:\ named 1a-27B9C597AD296D2F.log, invoice-27B9C597AD296D2F.txt, and...
  4. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows not activating and shows some unknown error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not activating and shows some unknown error: I purchased my laptop two years back and it was working fine but for a few months it has been showing that my windows is not activated. I have tried looking for solutions i cannot figure out where is my digital license or product key and could not find it i purchased it from...
  6. Windows not activating and shows some unknown error

Windows not activating and shows some unknown error: I purchased my laptop two years back and it was working fine but for a few months it has been showing that my windows is not activated. I have tried looking for solutions i cannot figure out where is my digital license or product key and could not find it i purchased it from...
  7. Unknown Alternate email Address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Alternate email Address: Hi,- I recently purchased a new Lenovo Thinkbook laptop- I updated Windows 10 which prompted me to reset the laptop.- Upon resetting I was taken to a screen requesting my Bit Locker recovery key, which I do not know- I logged into my Microsoft Account on another computer and...
  8. UNKNOWN email sender

UNKNOWN email sender: Been getting new emails that are junk from.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA InterestRatesExperts confirmation <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>_____________________________________________ From: XXXmy *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <DENNIS *** Email...
  9. Unknown emails in pagefile.sys

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown emails in pagefile.sys: Why unknown emails are in pagefile.sys? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-emails-in-pagefilesys/099a6dfe-a565-48f6-a453-cbf92543ca1e
  10. Pagefile.sys unknown email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pagefile.sys unknown email: I found many unknown email in pagefile.sys, I have not know these emails.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pagefilesys-unknown-email/a6d65ea4-7d8d-4745-ba1f-8fd571662357

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo mail unknown error when deleting messages