Windows 10: Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error '

Discus and support Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error ' in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a number of emails in my inbox that when I highlight them and click on delete I just get a box showing unknown error. I've had this happen... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Coatimundi, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error '

I have a number of emails in my inbox that when I highlight them and click on delete I just get a box showing unknown error. I've had this happen occasionally before, and it was only a few, so I manually transferred them to the deleted mail.

However I now seem to have enough that it's going to take a while to do this.

On top of this when I tried to use this method on some of them I got a second box pop up telling me that they could not be moved and to retry. I did, they still can't.

I've tried a block removal but that won't work either.

What can I do to avoid an ever expanding mail box please

:)

Coatimundi, Jul 25, 2017

2. "an unknown error code" message on trying to deleting mails from Junk folder on Windows 10.

Original Title: I have emails in junk file that will not delete and I get an unknown error code message. how do I get this fixed? It happened to 22 messages.

I have emails in junk file that will not delete and I get "an unknown error code" message. how do I get this fixed? It happened to 22 messages.

CristiMcCaffrey-Jackson, Jul 25, 2017
  3. Barb_620 Win User
    Windows Live Mail

When I want to delete an email, I get a message 'an unknown error has occurred'.

Barb_620, Jul 25, 2017
  4. Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error '

Hi Coatimundi.

To help members understand the issue with the hope of providing possible solutions could you state

1) Who provides your email at a domain level, MS (Outlook), Gmail, Yahoo, Telco? (Don't want your address complete address.)

2) If a telco or other third party have you contacted them?

3) What email program or app are you using for mail?

4) If not an app / program what browser are you using and have you tried another browser?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 26, 2017
Thema:

Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error '

1. Emails won't delete - showing 'unknown error ' - Similar Threads - Emails won't delete

2. Unknown error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown error?: As of yesterday I've noticed an inconsistency with the GB free in my local disks; displaying 241 when earlier that day it stated 252. No downloads for the day and the number didn't change when I deleted 5GB of data. Soon after, new errors appeared: file explorer not loading...
  3. deleted emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted emails: my deleted emails are not syncing in outlook or gmail, am on imap! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-emails/1a853416-d545-4e8f-9855-8a0600106fe0
  4. DELETED EMAIL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DELETED EMAIL: I accidently deleted an email from emails how do I retrieve it. I have windows 10. when I go to recycle bin it says no files. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-email/47e1b4e3-3320-47d3-b06b-9522b958f725"
  5. Email when deleted on phone still shows on laptop

Email when deleted on phone still shows on laptop: I am deleting emails from my phone, when I log on to my laptop the emails are still there and have to delete again? should they not be in sync with each other? if I delete off my laptop it deletes from my phone?...
  6. unknown error

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown error: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/492882534288326667/498666410189389845/image0.jpg?width=1083&height=446 [ATTACH] does anyone know what this means https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-error/9254db74-7d2b-4fd6-8ab2-b6d2af6d07c3
  7. Unknown error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown error: Dear Sir or Madam, I hope this message finds you well. I have noticed that when I shut down my laptop, I can see a message saying 'unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FF9619DA388'. Before noticing this message, I had...
  8. microsoft mail version176965.41051.0 won't permenently delete emails

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft mail version176965.41051.0 won't permenently delete emails: Is there a way to create rules for Microsoft mail version 17.6965.41051.0 ? I was successful in setting up Microsoft mail and it downloaded all of my emails off the web service I use (wowway) but I can't figure out how to delete the emails off of the server after they are...
  9. Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album: I've just installed Windows 10 and experimented with the Groove music player. It finds all the songs but they are tagged Unknown Artist and Unknown Album. The songs appear fine in iTunes with the correct details and album art. I reset Groove and made it scan the music...
  10. Unknown folder cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown folder cannot be deleted: Hi, On my win 10 install I noticed a folder called Network/GX620-5TXZCB1. When I click on it a small window pops up asking me for network credentials. I don't know what this is and I cannot delete it. Can someone help/ Thanks, Ed 57826