Windows 10: Embroidery Programs flashing

Discus and support Embroidery Programs flashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 laptops each with a different embroidery program installed on them. They both worked with Windows 7 just fine. I updated to windows 10 a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bearlymakinit, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Embroidery Programs flashing

I have 2 laptops each with a different embroidery program installed on them. They both worked with Windows 7 just fine. I updated to windows 10 a couple of weeks ago after researching to make sure both programs would work with 10. Everything I read said they would. On both computers when I try to digitize the nodes are flashing so it slows down the digitizing and drives me nuts. I have changed the video card setting on both programs and still have the flashing. All other programs seems to work fine. I even uninstalled the embroidery program on this laptop and reinstalled it to see if it solved the problem and it has not. Any ideas of what I can look for to fix this. I have spent the last 3 days trying to get the embroidery programs to work with no luck. I contacted both programs and have not heard back from them. SO I am hoping someone had a similur problem.

Debbie

:)

bearlymakinit, Aug 4, 2016
  2. max green Win User

Appilcation to open .pes files

Try
    http://www.njcrawford.com/programs/embroidery-reader/

"As is the case with most free software, all software on the embroidery reader site is provided AS IS,

without warranty, expressed or implied."

max green, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    help

Yes, upgrade the tablet to W10, you mention that you want to use it for your sewing machine embroidery, so before you upgrade try and confirm that the Embroidery program is compatible for W10, if it is a older program you may have difficulties.

If when, you do try to install the Embroidery program on W10, install with Admin rights & compatibility mode.

Shilohbob, Aug 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Embroidery Programs flashing

Hi, have you tried running them in compatibility mode?

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
  5. I did before I posted and I just did it again to see. I still get the flashing. I am at a loss. The only thing I can do at this point is go back to 7 and I would really like to keep 10. Any other ideas?

bearlymakinit, Aug 5, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Could you provide a URL for the programs?

Another possibility if all else fails is to run this in a virtualised OS running under Window 10.

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    The programs may need reinstalled (and possibly installed in a compatibility mode).
    My wife has a Singer XL6000 Embroidery machine and the "Sew Ware" program supplied to transfer patterns to the XL6000 had to be installed in a compatibility mode and must be run in a compatibility mode.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Embroidery Programs flashing

1. Embroidery Programs flashing - Similar Threads - Embroidery Programs flashing

2. Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails: How do I get thumbnails of .pes designs to show? I have embroidery software that allows this, it's set as my default program when opening the files, but I don't get thumbnails when searching/looking at my catalog of designs. This would be very helpful and allow me to narrow...
  3. Embroidery File download and conversion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Embroidery File download and conversion: I downloaded designs from web based company and downloads show desired extension of PES but in my laptop downloads they all have converted to NGS. I am using windows 10, 64 bit and that ALL my designs, new and older are now ngs. I went back to the sites i use and...
  4. downloading embroidery designs

downloading embroidery designs: I have an Asus laptop that is in Microsoft Safe Mode. I am trying to open files on my thumb drive. It is asking for a Windows app. Any clues of what I need?...
  5. Thread Embroidery Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thread Embroidery Software: I keep getting a message to log in. What information do I need to log in to use this software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thread-embroidery-software/63f022c3-4060-4ebc-9e88-e72d11f673a2
  6. Unable to open Embroidery Designs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open Embroidery Designs: I have a new PC with Windows 10. Previously I used a computer with Windows 7 and had no problems for years. Now, for some reason Windows 10 will not allow me to work with my designs. I thought 10 was suppose to be better and more efficient. I find it to be worse. I spend...
  7. embroidery files

embroidery files: I recently purchased a new computer and receive an error of "path too long for most of my files I have downloaded, making these files I have purchased useless. I have tried to shorten the file name but cannot because it is still in zip mode. what can I do?...
  8. 6D embroidery software

6D embroidery software: The software company swears it works with windows 10! I can not get my software to work ever since the update. What LIARS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/6d-embroidery-software/c4d2f467-a444-4594-be2a-de26bfd4a5e8
  9. download .PES machine embroidery

download .PES machine embroidery: Why can't I download .PES files for machine embroidery now? I have done it in the past now I just get a message about Windows Media Player...
  10. Programs flashing and behaving weird.

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs flashing and behaving weird.: Hello all, recently programs on my computer - both games and programs like the disc cleaner, flash weirdly and act strange. I really don't know how best to describe it but basically some parts of a programs window will flash, and the icon on my taskbar will disappear and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My 6D embroidery software will only run on Windows 7 8 . I have 10 . How can I get it to work on 10