Windows 10: Emergency!!! Screen is black aftrr installing theme.. Help!!

Discus and support Emergency!!! Screen is black aftrr installing theme.. Help!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; EMERGENCY!!!!! I installed a custom theme through an .exe file. And now everything is black except for the cursor!! I tried rebooting but i still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yahanna, Jan 2, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

Emergency!!! Screen is black aftrr installing theme.. Help!!

EMERGENCY!!!!!

I installed a custom theme through an .exe file. And now everything is black except for the cursor!! I tried rebooting but i still get a black screen. What do I do??? Please help!!!

:)

yahanna, Jan 2, 2018

2. How to have blank screen, black color, no Walpaper on nokia E7

There are many Black themes available on the web, I use Tehkseven a lot , but you can get them at Ovi Store and elsewhere .They are easy to install ,or if you're happy with the icons you have at the moment simply download a black wallpaper and use it on
    all 3 screens . I have several black themes on my E7.
    www.tehkseven.net/theme/75124/new-black-nokia-n8-mobile-theme.html
    do a little searching amd you will find a theme you like Emergency!!! Screen is black aftrr installing theme.. Help!! ;)

carman58---01, Jan 2, 2018
  3. roypaci Win User
    E72 Application shortcuts and home screen applications highlighted?!?!

Could you guys try this blue and black theme by Mr Jorik, to check you also got light brown highlighted app.shortcuts on homescreen,or yours full black screen nothing highlighted?!

I can give download link for the theme.

Please someone help Emergency!!! Screen is black aftrr installing theme.. Help!! :( ....

roypaci, Jan 2, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

System Restore? Use a restore point, assuming you have System restore on, and it works.
    or
    I do hope you are in the habit of using disk imaging. In which case you can restore a disk image.

dalchina, Jan 2, 2018
  5. yahanna Win User
    I got to sys restore through my usb win 10 flash drive. But it says:

"To use sys retore u must specify which win installation to restore. Restart this comp, select an o/s and then select sys retore."

But I selected win 10 64 bit. I don't understand why its giving me this message.

yahanna, Jan 2, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Can you advise what happens if you try to boot- do you see a PC logo, then a black screen with a horizontal cursor top left, or does it boot to a lock screen, or is that not visible either?

Can you actually move your cursor?

When you booted from your Win 10 USB disk, did you click 'Repair your computer' and navigate through Troubleshooting to System Restore?

If you boot from that disk, and navigate through Troubleshooting to a Command Prompt, can you view your system disk. Windows folder etc?

Thsi sounds like something more significant than a theme change - assuming your exe file was genuine.

dalchina, Jan 2, 2018
  7. lx07 Win User
  8. yahanna Win User

Hey guys.. I already got it fully restored and fixed. Thanks guys for everything and your help!!

yahanna, Jan 2, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    @yahanna, what was the fix you found?

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Emergency!!! Screen is black aftrr installing theme.. Help!! - Similar Threads - Emergency Screen black

2. Emergency please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emergency please help: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B file://DESKTOP-15QNFHC/Users/greco/OneDrive/.849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707Bim being cyber atacked this nasty WTFE was in my one drive ,,,,,, microsoft please stop alowing the one drive to auto install during install cuz this is how...
  3. Emergency please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emergency please help: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B file://DESKTOP-15QNFHC/Users/greco/OneDrive/.849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707Bim being cyber atacked this nasty WTFE was in my one drive ,,,,,, microsoft please stop alowing the one drive to auto install during install cuz this is how...
  4. Black screen after applying a theme

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after applying a theme: Hello, I was trying to edit a Windows Theme (NOT located in Resources/Themes but in my Downloads folder) with msstyleEditor and pressed "Test". The corrupt theme was applied and I now get a black screen on reboot. I've read Fix Black Screen on Windows 10 Caused by Corrupt...
  5. PLEASE HELP EMERGENCY!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PLEASE HELP EMERGENCY!!!!: MY LAPTOP IS NOT BEING ABLE TO SHUT DOWN AND THE SEARCH IS NOT WORKING, I TRIED RESTARTING THE SEARCH BUT IT IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-emergency/9f4204d9-9d0c-48e3-895a-7c383c067058
  6. Black screen with cursor after installing a 3rd party theme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor after installing a 3rd party theme: Hey guys please help meee. I installed a third party theme from deviant art and my screen went black. All i can see on my screen is just pure black. I pressed my power button down for 3 seconds to power off my laptop and when i opened my laptop back again the hp logo shows up...
  7. HELP EMERGENCY

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP EMERGENCY: How much storage can this laptop handle with a usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-emergency/c0b6abe2-21e8-4b00-99eb-99ca247b457d
  8. HELP Emergency

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP Emergency: What is the max storage windows10 on my laptop can handle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-emergency/ff9062d3-6b02-44cc-92b3-6c3f0de15f64
  9. !NEED EMERGENCY HELP! Black screen with HP logo before login menu

in Windows 10 Support
    !NEED EMERGENCY HELP! Black screen with HP logo before login menu: I am having this problem for a day. My hp 500-110et just sits there with a blue hp logo(changed crap as the windows logo). I noticed something, the "loading ring(the one which shows that windows is loading/booting/starting up)" isn't there from the start. Any help be muuuuch...
  10. Reboot after installation of Luna theme, black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after installation of Luna theme, black screen: My computer is stuck at a black screen after installing an Luna theme and using Classic Shell. Any help please and thank you. 4867