Windows 10: Empty Command Window popping up and disappearing

Discus and support Empty Command Window popping up and disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello can someone explain to me why the Command window keeps popping up all the time and I did look up as to whats going on and can't seem to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thejay84, Aug 8, 2015.

1. thejay84 Win User

Empty Command Window popping up and disappearing

Hello can someone explain to me why the Command window keeps popping up all the time and I did look up as to whats going on and can't seem to find the problem, restart, turned it off and just let it sit there doing nothing and yet still pops up, the 29th is when everyone was able to get it so I did and have not had this problem with windows 8, so my question is are you having this same problem and what not, I just want it to go away.

:)

thejay84, Aug 8, 2015

2. c:/windows/System32/msg.exe pop up and disappear on desktop

NO its not about installing some application. Even it starts pop up and disappear when i open outlook.i have not seen any problem 1 month back and i have not installed something fishy , suddenly i observed this behavior of command prompt pop up and disappearing
    in few seconds.Some behaviour i have observed . when i restart my computer its pop up multiple time . I have disabled everything in startup but it does not solved. When i open any microsoft office application its start pop up and disappearing , some time
    even i do not nothing it starts pop up. Here is another gif file which will explain you !

its shows C:/windows/System32/Msg.EXE in command prompt. But with no message even its disappear in few secs.

Sohail Safdar, Aug 8, 2015
  3. CMD window appears and disappears

Since yesterday in Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears. It opens up and closes as quickly as it popped up. In the cmd window it says " c:\Windows\system32\ipconfig.exe

SAMARJIT SEN, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Something for you to try right click the start menu go to task manager click the start up tab and disable everything apart from your antivirus and restart and see it the problem still exists, if not enable them 1 at a time and that will tell you the culprit.

Bazz, Aug 8, 2015
  5. thejay84 Win User
    Ok I did just that and still comes up anything else that I can try.

thejay84, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    I can't think of anything else it could be, you could boot into safe mode and see if it's still happening.

Bazz, Aug 8, 2015
  7. linw Win User
    You should also look in Task Scheduler. This can be fruitful for finding tasks that are aggravating or useless. Just a thought.

linw, Aug 8, 2015
  8. thejay84 Win User

Thanks for having me look there, I was able to find out what was popping up and I uninstalled that program and now nothing is coming up

thejay84, Aug 9, 2015
  9. mrcpuhead Win User
    Which program was the culprit for the random command prompt popups?

mrcpuhead, Nov 21, 2015
  10. stevenboh Win User
    It was

C:\Program Files\DriverSetupUtility\FUB\FUB_Send.bat

in task scheduler, thank you very much

stevenboh, Mar 27, 2016
  11. jalalk Win User
    how to use Task scheduler to find out those tasks?

jalalk, Oct 28, 2016
  12. can you please tell me how did you find that program in task scheduler. Cant seem to get rid of this problem for quite sometime

terabethia13588, Oct 29, 2016
  13. Empty Command Window popping up and disappearing

terabethia13588, Oct 29, 2016
  14. Hi jalalk. If you're still having trouble with this, I can help.

Typically controlling a windows system is always done using the Control Panel. To get this to open you will need to type the windows key (the 4 flagged or in some cases the boxes at the bottom of your keyboard, in between the CTRL and ALT key at the bottom left corner of the keyboard.) after you press the windows key you need to hold it down and press the letter R this will bring up the RUN box. This box is like the search engine for your computer that will have the ability to search for files or programs using a keyword. In the box you will need to type in exact text "control" which will automatically open Control Panel. While there towards the top you will notice it says "view by" you will need to change this to category (makes it a bit easier to understand all of the functions). From there you will need to press the green text saying System and Security. Then the next one saying Administrative Tools (you may need to scroll to see it!) then it will open a new Explorer.exe file folder which then you can scroll down until you see the program called "Task Scheduler". Double click it to open. Depending on your UAC you may have to use administrative power to open. From there you can get a view of all the scheduled tasks. These are tasks your computer can be triggered in the following manner, A. A time limit has been set on your computer. B. A program has been activated or started which starts another program. C. A specific action was done on your computer such as plugging in Headphones to the jack or port, A USB drive has been plugged in (or your phone), and you using bluetooth to connect wirelessly, A microphone or other bluetooth supported device. D. A new trigger was added using a malicious modification or otherwise system pack installation that had added a new variable which has resulted in odd triggering. To delete an unwanted task or simply disable it you will need to double click it and on the right pane you will need to either click delete (del/delete button shortcut) or you will need to click disable (no shortcut). Once this is deleted, you will need to recreate the task if you ever wanted that task again so it is highly suggested to only disable tasks that annoy you however you may need but delete unwanted and unknown tasks for unknown programs or scripts.

xXxbigdogxXx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Empty Command Window popping up and disappearing - Similar Threads - Empty Command Window

2. Command window pops up suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command window pops up suddenly: It's a month that the command window pops up and disappears only when charging, in Windows 11. I've run antivirus and malware checks, but nothing. Does anyone know what to do?...
  3. Window pop-up and disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window pop-up and disappear: Hello, I have been suffering from a pop-up that switch from my game to desktop and its annoying to see it while watching videos too, so basically this pop-up look like a file window, it has no name on the top left part, has a transparent background you can see through it. So...
  4. Window pop-up and disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window pop-up and disappear: Hello, I have been suffering from a pop-up that switch from my game to desktop and its annoying to see it while watching videos too, so basically this pop-up look like a file window, it has no name on the top left part, has a transparent background you can see through it. So...
  5. command window keeps popping up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    command window keeps popping up: the command window keeps opening and forcing to minimize the games and i have to open it form the taskbar or it suddenly opens alone without opening any application it shows the path : C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\wheadsuand it doesnt shows any commands, it opens and...
  6. Command Prompt keeps popping up and disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt keeps popping up and disappearing randomly: So I've been dealing with this for awhile now and it's really getting on my nerves. Every so often, a command prompt will appear and disappear, way too fast for me to take a screenshot. I've looked everywhere for a solution and the most suggested solution I've seen was...
  7. Command Prompt keeps popping up and disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt keeps popping up and disappearing randomly: So I've been dealing with this for awhile now and it's really getting on my nerves. Every so often, a command prompt will appear and disappear, way too fast for me to take a screenshot. I've looked everywhere for a solution and the most suggested solution I've seen was...
  8. How to stop command prompt from popping up and disappearing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop command prompt from popping up and disappearing.: As of recently, my command prompt has been popping up at random intervals during usage. It has become quite a big nuisance as of late, especially when I am gaming. It'll pop up and disappear, causing my game to minimize; meaning I'll have to click back into the game -- which...
  9. Command prompt windows keeps popping up and disappearing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt windows keeps popping up and disappearing: I came across this problem 2 weeks ago where cmd.exe windows pops up every hour or so and immediately disappears and minimizes/kicks me out of fullscreen applications like when I'm playing a game which is very annoying. I've ran full system scans for viruses with Avast and...
  10. Pop UP disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pop UP disappears: How to make the Pop UP appear in Windows 10? [img] 17994