Windows 10: Empty grey boxes are interspersed among picture thumbnails.

Discus and support Empty grey boxes are interspersed among picture thumbnails. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Many photos in my Collection appear as empty grey boxes, with a round "symbol" in the center. I can manually DELETE the empty boxes, but they reappear... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Douglas Charles Kline, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Empty grey boxes are interspersed among picture thumbnails.

Many photos in my Collection appear as empty grey boxes, with a round "symbol" in the center. I can manually DELETE the empty boxes, but they reappear the next time I open the program. No matter how many times I repeat the DELETE steps, the boxes return.

:)

Douglas Charles Kline, Aug 3, 2018

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wrong thumbnail picture

Try control panel / system / advanced system settings.

On the box that comes up click advanced tab and where it says performance click the settings button.

Have a look in the list to see if any visual setting has disabled itself, I'm sure there is settings for thumbnails.

Apart from that no idea atm.

animal007uk, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Empty grey boxes are interspersed among picture thumbnails.

Photo thumbnail picture

Found this is the easier way: the blue area marked organize/new folder way to right u 3 icons box w/down arrow(STOP, here to choose what size pic u want, done, over), 3 paned window , blue ?!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/xqGNuvGuxn5GXEtC9

booksbenji, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Empty grey boxes are interspersed among picture thumbnails.

1. Empty grey boxes are interspersed among picture thumbnails. - Similar Threads - Empty grey boxes

2. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  3. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  4. Empty picture folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty picture folders: I have just noticed that all my picture folders on my PC Windows 10 are empty. Please can anybody give me advice as to how to restore them. There are hundreds of sentimental photos which I really do not want to lose.Thanks...
  5. Empty picture folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty picture folders: I have just noticed that all my picture folders on my PC Windows 10 are empty. Please can anybody give me advice as to how to restore them. There are hundreds of sentimental photos which I really do not want to lose.Thanks...
  6. Empty picture folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Grey box on images

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey box on images: Hi can someone help me with microsoft photos please i have addded a folder to my collection but on some folders i just shows a grey box i am attaching a pic to show what i mean can anyone help me my windows version number is 2004 i had it working a few days ago where i would...
  8. search box is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    search box is empty: suddenly the search box is empty.... I can't run even cmd window that I need for work.... it started today....the problem....never before.... i don't even have cortana installed on my system... i tried to troubleshoot search index i restarted windows search in services i...
  9. thumbnails in pictures are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    thumbnails in pictures are greyed out: when I tried to open "pictures" from either my "This PC" or from OneDrive results in an endless loop of downloading; I eventually stopped the process but now my thumbnails are greyed out...
  10. Picture thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...