Windows 10: Enable/Add Data Dedup to Windows 10?

Discus and support Enable/Add Data Dedup to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I went ahead with the Windows 10 Upgrade to my main PC. I have a secondary drive (E*Smile which holds all my music, games, etc; stuff that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Llamagrean, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Enable/Add Data Dedup to Windows 10?

Hey all,

I went ahead with the Windows 10 Upgrade to my main PC. I have a secondary drive (E*Smile which holds all my music, games, etc; stuff that I like to keep away from a Windows Install. In Windows 8.1 I had the Windows Deduplication enabled on the whole drive. Now, I cannot access any files whatsoever on that drive. Since it's something that constantly works in the background, I forgot about it until I really needed it.

My Question: Is there a way to enable or add Windows Deduplication into Windows 10 yet? The only info I found was from this article (in 2014):

mcakins.com/2014/10/10/enabling-deduplication-on-windows-10-tp/

It's for the Technical Preview. I followed the steps anyway, and I get an error while trying to add the packages:

Error: 0x800f081e
    The specified package is not applicable to this image.

If it is not possible, is there a way I can revert and undo the Upgrade and go back to my Windows 8.1 setup? Or do I have to wipe the drive and clean install?

Thanks,

Llama

:)

Llamagrean, Jul 29, 2015

2. Dedup in widows 10 build 15063

Hi, I am using Windows 10 Home Edition i have been using a feature named Dedup but yesterday my pc got updated to build 15063 and i am unable to use dedup feature and dedup has locked up my data drive and i am unable to access my drive when
    i tries to open my file it give me an error of file cannot be accessed by the system please help me ..

Talha Ahmed Sheikh, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Dedup in widows 10 build 15063

Dedup in widows 10

it was also pasted on technet before

Talha Ahmed Sheikh, Jul 29, 2015
  4. BloodOmen Win User

Enable/Add Data Dedup to Windows 10?

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, any help is appreciated.

BloodOmen, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Never found an answer, so here's what I ended up doing:

I reverted back to 8.1 (using Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery tab) and then I ran the Unoptimization job type in Dedup on the volume (EEnable/Add Data Dedup to Windows 10? :). This took about 16 hours to restore 350GB and a restart to get everything back to their full file sizes (time will depend on your own storage/file sizes).

Once that was finished, I did a clean install of Windows 10. All files are accessible.

Llamagrean, Aug 1, 2015
  6. MarkJohnson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Enable/Add Data Dedup to Windows 10?

1. Enable/Add Data Dedup to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Enable Add Data

2. Cannot enable BitLocker - "The data is invalid"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable BitLocker - "The data is invalid": Hi there,I am trying to encrypt my desktop PC's drive with BitLocker and I can get as far as the PIN entry screen, but after entering my PIN and pressing next, I get an error message that simply says 'The data is invalid'. I have tried clearing my TPM several times, to no...
  3. How to Recover Files from a Deduped Volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Recover Files from a Deduped Volume?: Events leading up to data loss: I decided to retire this 2TB Disk and backup the data using my Workstation. So I removed the Drive from my server and inserted it into my workstation. Prior to this all files and the drive worked perfectly. However I had forgotten that...
  4. Enable the encrypt contents to secure data; greyed out windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable the encrypt contents to secure data; greyed out windows 10?: I already tried enabling the EFS using Windows registry key, so I'm kinda at a loss here.. nothing seems to work. submitted by /u/sydneyitssydney [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyczfc/enable_the_encrypt_contents_to_secure_data_greyed/
  5. Enable or Disable BitLocker for encrypted Data Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable BitLocker for encrypted Data Drives in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable BitLocker to encrypt or decrypt fixed and removable data drives in Windows 10. BitLocker is a feature that can help you encrypt the drives on your computer. When [...] This post Enable or Disable...
  6. Enable or Disable Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10 Microsoft uses Windows diagnostic data to focus their decisions and efforts to provide you with the most robust and valuable platform possible....
  7. Enable or Disable Moving User App Data in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Moving User App Data in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Moving User App Data in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Moving User App Data to Non-system Volumes in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can move their installed Windows apps from the Microsoft Store to another drive. The default location...
  8. Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 10 Microsoft uses Windows diagnostic data to focus their decisions and efforts to provide you with the most robust and valuable platform possible....
  9. Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10: How to: Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage. If...
  10. Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10: How to: Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10 How to Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10 Startup items are the apps, shortcuts, folders, drivers, etc... that are set to run or open automatically at startup when a user signs...