Windows 10: Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen

Discus and support Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Is it possible to enable a background image for both the login screen and the lock screen? Even if it is the same one. Thanks! 80425 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Provost, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Provost Win User

Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen

Hello,

Is it possible to enable a background image for both the login screen and the lock screen? Even if it is the same one.

Thanks!

:)

Provost, Mar 27, 2017
  2. SimonJ96 Win User

Login and lock screen images

I am experiencing strange behaviour on the login screen on one of the accounts on my PC.

If select Windows Spotlight or Picture as lock screen image with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" as OFF, then the lock screen shows the correct image on the lock screen. When I click to log back in again, the sign-in screen background
    is plain grey.

If I go back to Lock Screen settings and set "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" as ON, then lock the screen, the lock screen image has disappeared, leaving a plain grey background but with all the other elements (Windows Spotlight
    "like what you see", icons etc). The sign-in screen is also grey.

I just want to enable Windows Spotlight on the pre login and login screen for each account... what the heck do I have to do? There must be something missing from wherever these images are stored. This is a brand new Dell XPS system I have
    just finished setting up, I never had any problems with my old system, changing these settings was easy and logical.

My account is working fine, just my wife's is the problem

SimonJ96, Mar 27, 2017
  3. 1709 Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen

I use a custom image with my company logo and some instructions describing how to proceed to the sign-in screen as my lock screen background, in order to give new Windows 10 users some guidance. I turn the "Show lock screen background picture on the
    sign-in screen
    " button off so that the image doesn't appear behind the sign-in screen, since the instructions are no longer relevant there.

With the 1709 Fall Creators Update, the function of the button has changed. When the button is on in 1709 the image shows on both the lock screen and sign-in screen as before, but when the button is off, the image does not display at all and both the lock
    screen and login screen display only the background color. Prior to 1709, off would display the image on the lock screen and the background color on the sign-in screen and I composed my users' sign-in experience accordingly. It's a small change, but it's the
    first thing my users see, and they're easily perplexed.

Has anyone found a way to return to the previous functionality?

Joe Blizzard, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 27, 2017
  5. Provost Win User
    Perfect, thanks a lot!

Provost, Mar 27, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen - Similar Threads - Enable background image

2. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  3. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  4. Login screen has no background (but lock screen does)

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen has no background (but lock screen does): Hi, so my lock screen has a background (that I chose) but for some reason my login screen doesn't. I have made sure that the option in Winaero Tweaker to disable the login screen wallpaper is turned off, but for some reason it still doesn't work. What could I do? I'm running...
  5. Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen: As the title says. I've tried many workarounds that have been posted, powershell etc. but none worked. Here is an image. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-the-show-background-image-on-sign-in-sets/0cefff04-cfc3-4487-a358-b5867f8d70b7
  6. Windows lock screen background images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  7. Windows lock screen background images

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  8. Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen

Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen: When I lock my pc, the Lock Screen displays my custom image and the time/date etc. However when I press space to enter my PIN. The image disappears and there is just a blue background. I also noticed that I don't have the 'Show Lock Screen background picture on Login Screen...
  9. Background info on lock screen images?

Background info on lock screen images?: I typically like the lock screens that Windows 10 shows very much. Already several times I was wondering how to get more background info on the picture shown, specifically: where was that picture taken? Or like today: what village does it show? It's beautiful and I'ld...
  10. How to change the login screen background image?

How to change the login screen background image?: I was wondering where the login screen background image is stored? I'm trying to change it to a different image. Thanks. 31131