Windows 10: Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in

Discus and support Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in [img] Information By default, only the default status messages are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Edwin New Member

Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in

How to: Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in

Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in [​IMG]
    Information By default, only the default status messages are displayed to the user during the process of starting, shutting down, signing in, or signing out of Windows.

If you like, you can enable displaying highly detailed status messages that reflect each step in the process of starting, shutting down, signing in, or signing out of Windows.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable displaying highly detailed status messages that reflect each step in the process of starting, shutting down, signing in, or signing out of Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable displaying highly detailed status messages.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Highly Detailed Status Messages in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Highly Detailed Status Messages using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Highly detailed status messages for restart, shut down, sign-in, and sign-out

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Highly Detailed Status Messages in Local Group Policy Editor

Note Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System

3. In the right pane of System in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Display highly detailed status messages policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (disable) or step 6 (enable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Disable Highly Detailed Status Messages
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Enable Highly Detailed Status Messages
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Highly Detailed Status Messages using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

VerboseStatus DWORD

(delete) = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Highly Detailed Status Messages
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_highly_detailed_status_messages.reg

Download

3. To Disable Highly Detailed Status Messages
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_highly_detailed_status_messages.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. sign in to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Dec 14, 2017

2. Windows 10 does not sign users out when shutting down or restarting PC

Using Windows 10 Pro 1706.

Two users on PC.

When shutting down or restarting, Windows does not sign the user out. Get warning message "Someone else is still using the PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work." FYI, Task manager shows the User Status of that someone else as "Disconnected."

It seems only logical that when one user shuts down the PC that that user would be signed out. We can go through extra steps of signing out and then shutdown the PC from the Windows logon screen but I don't know anyone who would think that it's an user
    friendly process.

What gives???

pragmaticron, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Double sign in redquired on HP ENVY 17t Notebook since Build 16299 was installed?

Not until you suggested it. I thought it was definitely worth a try.

Signed out

Shut down

Signed in

Same result

Signed out

Created new local account

Shut down

Signed in (exact same symptoms)

Signed out Set up to sign back in with Microsoft account

Shut down

Signed in (Same result)

Thanks for the suggestion, even if it wasn't the magic key. It was worth a try.

EdFriedman, Dec 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in - Similar Threads - Enable Detailed Status

2. i need to add lock next to shut down and sign out

in Windows 10 Customization
    i need to add lock next to shut down and sign out: hi, like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-add-lock-next-to-shut-down-and-sign-out/a725aa84-9567-4874-856f-80eae9f307b3
  3. i need to add lock next to shut down and sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to add lock next to shut down and sign out: hi, like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-add-lock-next-to-shut-down-and-sign-out/a725aa84-9567-4874-856f-80eae9f307b3
  4. i need to add lock next to shut down and sign out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. enabling verbose messages when starting and shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    enabling verbose messages when starting and shutting down: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tro...tatus-messages I like seeing this. I had to use the registry method, did not see it in group policy editor, why is that? I have pro version 2OH2 168935
  6. Sign Out, Shut Down, Restart doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign Out, Shut Down, Restart doesn't work: Hello, I am here to say that my windows doesn't shut down when i ask it to. Do any of you have a fix for this? Thank you for your time reading this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out-shut-down-restart-doesnt-work/ae02e2a6-69f4-4a9c-b2b4-31c68bf20463
  7. My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it: My laptop fully shuts down when i shut its lid/screen... is there anyway to fix it? Model : X441BA Asus computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-fully-shuts-downsigns-me-out-when-i-shut/9d6407e3-5227-4393-a170-704e5e3135b2
  8. Shut down does not sign user out first

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down does not sign user out first: Windows 10 ‘Keeps you signed-in’ test: - (Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account) Test 1 - Not signed-out: 1. Sign-in as ‘Visitor’ and then ‘Shut down’ without signing out. 2. Switch back on and sign-in as ‘Another User’ then shut down again....
  9. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down): I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically signs in again. Usually this only happens once but sometimes it repeats a second time. The accounts are local accounts. Any...
  10. Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10: How to: Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10 When apps (tasks) do not end (close) automatically when you are HungAppTimeout) by default before the End...