Windows 10: Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in

Discus and support Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; And..., @Brink, you could also customize the 'legal notice' ones above that! (Of course, you could enter something serious, but, I do stupid things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Edwin New Member

Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in

And..., @Brink, you could also customize the 'legal notice' ones above that!

(Of course, you could enter something serious, but, I do stupid things when bored!) *Wink

Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in [​IMG]

Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in [​IMG]

:)

Edwin, Dec 14, 2017

2. Windows 10 does not sign users out when shutting down or restarting PC

Using Windows 10 Pro 1706.

Two users on PC.

When shutting down or restarting, Windows does not sign the user out. Get warning message "Someone else is still using the PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work." FYI, Task manager shows the User Status of that someone else as "Disconnected."

It seems only logical that when one user shuts down the PC that that user would be signed out. We can go through extra steps of signing out and then shutdown the PC from the Windows logon screen but I don't know anyone who would think that it's an user
    friendly process.

What gives???

pragmaticron, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Double sign in redquired on HP ENVY 17t Notebook since Build 16299 was installed?

Not until you suggested it. I thought it was definitely worth a try.

Signed out

Shut down

Signed in

Same result

Signed out

Created new local account

Shut down

Signed in (exact same symptoms)

Signed out Set up to sign back in with Microsoft account

Shut down

Signed in (Same result)

Thanks for the suggestion, even if it wasn't the magic key. It was worth a try.

EdFriedman, Dec 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in - Similar Threads - Enable Detailed Status

2. how to enable fingerprint sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable fingerprint sign in: hi, from a couple of days ive been facing this fingerprint problem few days back this sign in option worked properly but when I changed into pin format the fingerprint option as well as setup is gone...
  3. sign out option

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign out option: Ok i without realising i signed into my Windows 10 computer and accidentally put myself as the owner of the computer, but i'm not and this is someone elses computer, so now when i want to sign out from being the owner so that i don't waste my time, i can't find any sign out...
  4. Sign into Bing temporarily down

in Browsers and Email
    Sign into Bing temporarily down: It seems Bing is doing some maintenance, and adding/improving features, and won't automatically sign us in currently. The now have a kick-ass ion-line maps(good-bye Google Maps). I just typed the city name where I live: [img] 23162
  5. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down): I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically signs in again. Usually this only happens once but sometimes it repeats a second time. The accounts are local accounts. Any...
  6. sign out on idle

sign out on idle: does anyone know how to get windows 10 to automatically sign out after idle for x amount of minutes? 64805
  7. sign out

sign out: I accidentally clicked on sign out. When I tried to come All I get is dark screen. My mouse arrow shows up and that's it. Is there anything I can do short of a reinstall? Thank you 8773
  8. Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10: Another good one, Shawn! *Thumbs -Chuck 4026
  9. Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10: As I remember there is a location in the registry to decrease the time Windows waits for a not responding App/Task to close before Windows forces it to stop. Could someone remind me where it is? Or is there a Tutorial for that? 97821
  10. shut down of PC without sign off of other user

in Windows 10 Support
    shut down of PC without sign off of other user: I have two user, one with admin rights and other local standards. I have set up my PC to automatically sign in local user. My question is if admin sign in without sign off of local and thus shut down the PC, a message appears that another user is already sign in and will lose...