Windows 10: Enable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification

Discus and support Enable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification [img] Information If your Windows 10 PC supports facial recognition,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by xy677, Jan 3, 2018.

1. xy677 Win User

Enable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification

How to: Enable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification

Enable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification [​IMG]
    Information If your Windows 10 PC supports facial recognition, then you can enable enhanced anti-spoofing.

Enhanced anti-spoofing is an optional additional security feature for Windows Hello face authentication that acts as a countermeasure for any unauthorized access via spoofing. It is not enabled by default. If you enable this setting, Windows requires all users on managed devices to use enhanced anti-spoofing for Windows Hello face authentication. This disables Windows Hello face authentication on devices that do not support enhanced anti-spoofing.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable enhanced anti-spoofing for Windows Hello face authentication for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable enhanced anti-spoofing.

Note Enhanced anti-spoofing for Windows Hello face authentication is not required on unmanaged devices.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification using Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification using Group Policy

Note Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics\Facial Features

3. In the right pane of Facial Features in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Configure enhanced anti-spoofing policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (disable) or step 6 (enable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Disable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Enable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification using a REG file

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Biometrics\FacialFeatures

EnhancedAntiSpoofing DWORD

(delete) = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_enhanced_anti-spoofing_for_Windows_Hello_face_recognition.reg

Download

3. To Disable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_enhanced_anti-spoofing_for_Windows_Hello_face_recognition.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

xy677, Jan 3, 2018

2. WINDOWS HELLO LOGIN

Tried your suggestions to repair windows hello. steps one and two did not work.
    enhanced anti-spoofing feature was already disabled. Step 3 not able to find hello, webcam. and fingerprint drivers in device manager, even after enabling hidden devices. Thanks

PaulBrian1, Jan 3, 2018
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Windows Hello says I'm too close?

Hello Markku,

The possible cause of this issue is an error or a change in settings in Group policy. You can fix this by following the steps below:

Edit group policy on Server

• Go to Policies > Administrative Templates
    • Windows Components > Biometrics> Facial Features

"Use enhanced anti-spoofing when available" change 'Not Configured' to 'disabled'

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jan 3, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello xy677, *Smile

If it works when you have this disabled, then it appears it may not support anti-spoofing. It will be interesting to hear from other BRIO 4K owners to see if they have the same issue.

Brink, Jan 3, 2018
  5. xy677 Win User
    Well I'm not sure because I thought it did with the Dec 12 firmware update?

xy677, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable Enhanced Anti-Spoofing for Windows Hello Face Authentification - Similar Threads - Enable Enhanced Anti

2. Window Hello Face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window Hello Face: Hi My Name is SamuelI have a problem with my Window Hello Face I'm in Lenovo 81HN laptop, buyed in 2019How can i turn it on?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-hello-face/c105c886-6bb8-4999-953e-ff21bc924a98
  3. Windows Hello Face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face: My hello face sign in option stopped all of a sudden and I recently activated it but now each time I try logging on using the facial recognition the system requires me to click enter. Before, it would automatically unlock. Now the message on the screen says Welcome back,...
  4. Windows Hello Face

Windows Hello Face: My hello face sign in option stopped all of a sudden and I recently activated it but now each time I try logging on using the facial recognition the system requires me to click enter. Before, it would automatically unlock. Now the message on the screen says Welcome back,...
  5. windows hello face

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows hello face: How can I fix my Windows Hello login for Facial recognition. I get an incompatibility when my camera works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face/33636454-8ea5-40b6-9f79-a59036e73311
  6. WINDOWS HELLO FACE

WINDOWS HELLO FACE: Hi all! I had a query regarding Windows Hello Face. It keeps showing this message every time I want to add face recognition. So I have 2 questions: 1. What kind of camera is compatible? 2. Does such a camera come in-built? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Hello Face

Windows Hello Face: I have just today recieved my new ASUS ZenBook and I tried to set up Windows Hello Face but it is telling me that "We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face" Surely if its a brand new laptop, running windows 10 this should be able to work?...
  8. Windows hello face

Windows hello face: When I am going to set up windows hello face it is showing that it could not find camera compatible with windows hello though I am having a webcam already built-in in my system....
  9. windows hello face

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello face: cannot find compatible camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face/3ae33380-4882-4c1b-8fae-c54bb00b628f"
  10. windows hello face

windows hello face: my laptop is fujitsu lifebook T725, how do I set up windows hello face if in the setting panel their is a message displayed as..we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello enhanced anti-spoofing

2. brio and windows hello anti-spoofing

3. logitech brio 4k anti spoofing

4. logitech brio enhanced spoofing,
  5. deos logitech brio support windows enhanced anti-spoofing