Windows 10: enable funcion keys

Discus and support enable funcion keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I enable the F1 - F12 keys in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MICHELLEROCHON, Jul 5, 2018.

1. enable funcion keys

how do I enable the F1 - F12 keys in Windows 10

:)

MICHELLEROCHON, Jul 5, 2018

2. Funcions not working.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access programs, functions and apps in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Method 1:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC, to open the
      Task manager

• Click File > Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type Powershell.

• Type the following in the Powershell prompt:
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml'; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

6. Close the Powershell window.

7. Reboot/Restart the computer.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.

Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below steps to start the computer in Safe mode.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    • net user administrator /active:yes
    3. Close the Command Prompt

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

You can revert back from the above new user account

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 5, 2018
  4. enable funcion keys

i can not enable wifi icon

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about turning on Wi-Fi on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to turn on Wi-Fi on your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if Network Adapter
    is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.
    • Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

enable funcion keys

1. enable funcion keys - Similar Threads - enable funcion keys

2. Sticky Keys enabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Keys enabling: Every now and again whenever I'm playing a game, most recently it was gtav, previously it was valorant, csgo and stardew valley, my windows key will just be toggled. for example, when i press the letter 'i' on my keyboard, not holding down any modifier keys or the windows key...
  3. Sticky Keys enabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Keys enabling: Every now and again whenever I'm playing a game, most recently it was gtav, previously it was valorant, csgo and stardew valley, my windows key will just be toggled. for example, when i press the letter 'i' on my keyboard, not holding down any modifier keys or the windows key...
  4. about alt tab funcion

in Windows 10 Customization
    about alt tab funcion: Hello,About one week ago I reinstalled my windows system. And after the installed and start using my PC I realized that the alt-tab function was not working properly. Normally, when I played a game in full screen, and I did alt-tab, the game got minimized and it switched to...
  5. Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key -: Dear Sir/Madam, Last Monday I was having problems with probably the BIOS start-up system. This activated the Bitlocker security system. In the following step I tried to log into my Online Microsoft Account to enable the 'Recovery Key'. But during this step Microsoft didn't...
  6. Edge seems to be enabling Sticky Keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge seems to be enabling Sticky Keys: Hello, When using Edge, it seems to enable Sticky Keys about 70% of the time. It makes the sound and then the Alt key is stuck, which means when we type applications start opening and other functions act as if alt is on. When we reboot, the problem goes away until we use...
  7. ssd funcionality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd funcionality: My " Inland 120gb ssd" is being seen by bios and windows 10. It even shows up in taskmgr, however it isnt being labeled. For example its not labeled with its model# "inland 120gbm" or even being given a drive letter such as C:/ or D:/. How can i fix this?...
  8. Consumo excesivo de disco e interfaz no funcional

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consumo excesivo de disco e interfaz no funcional: Esta pregunta es una continuación de un problema inicial que publiqué hace varias horas (https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/consumo-excesivo-de-aplicaciones-e-interrupciones/ad1680a5-089d-4639-a3c8-8e69903deeba). En las sugerencias, me...
  9. enable system restore registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    enable system restore registry key: Do someone know if it is posible to enable system restore with registry key in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-system-restore-registry-key/9e34679f-12cd-4433-8750-3bdce6f7f360
  10. re-enable windows key

in Windows 10 Support
    re-enable windows key: Hello, I could not find a solution for how re-enable the windows key on my keyboard. This is the second time it just stopped working. I cannot figure out how I did it before. 37764